07. I Don't Believe In Tomorrow
08. Intoxicated
09. The Army Inside
10. Losing My Religion [R.E.M. cover]
11. Fire
12. My Spirit
13. Soul Inmate [bonus]

Additional info
Produced by Don Gilmore (Linkin Park, Bullet For My Valentine).

Guest review by
Cynic Metalhead
Rating:
The reason I picked up this album is because I loved their Comalies record. In my nu-metal years, I listened to "The Ghost Woman And The Hunter", which left a very strong impression on me. I loved the vibe they created, it was amazing. I went further and checked out the band's debut (In A Reverie), followed by Karmacode and Unleashed Memories - a mind-blowing experience delivered by Andrea Ferro and co. I strongly believe these were the band's golden years, where they built some solid credibility and also managed to catch the attention of fans at large. By and large, Lacuna Coil have always succeeded to deliver moderately catchy tunes while featuring a beautiful Italian vocalist in Cristina Scabbia.

Read more ››
published 21.06.2014 | Comments (0)

Found in 9 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 43   Visited by: 734 users
15.03.2011 - 17:43
MechanisT
Account deleted
Just look at the producer and you'll know what to expect...
02.05.2011 - 01:45
Just look at the producer and you'll know what to expect x2..., yes a new stupid and shitty nu-metal album
22.06.2011 - 21:01
Rating: 8
SymphAlchemist
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 02.05.2011 at 01:45

Just look at the producer and you'll know what to expect x2..., yes a new stupid and shitty nu-metal album

Noooo. It's got to be a joke

I did like Shallow Life but it was the most they could do without screwing up everything. They can't go on with this modern-like thing OMFG

The new Linkin Park songs are just shit and this Bullet for My Valentine I only know that is metalcore stuff, another shit. I like new metal a little but my beloved Lacuna Coil should NEVER get into this. I miss the gothic metal times of theirs.

- Hoping this album will be good somehow - =/
15.07.2011 - 23:24
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant ittttttttttttt !
24.09.2011 - 21:21
ashadows92iq
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqjgsnjcZeY
25.09.2011 - 13:11
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
Hmm, dunno, I liked Shallow Life unlike most people. If it's anything like it I will be satisfied!
----
rekt
23.11.2011 - 02:16
demonsarising
You can listen to the first track on CenturyMedia's soundcloud.
18.01.2012 - 02:02
Rating: 4
pantherace
Goddamnit I really want to like this album but they make it so difficult. There are some good riffs and parts of songs start to drag me in, but then Andrea's "singing" or some poppy break down or some ultra cheesy lyric pops up. Even Cristina seems to be trying too hard sometimes, I love her voice as it is I don't know why she felt the need to try to sound more...what, fucking diva? I don't understand why they had to go in this direction, but I guess it's not too surprising, just disappointing.
19.01.2012 - 21:10
boo-boo
This album lacks one of the basic LC elements - atmosphere. No ideas, not even one song to love...just cold, forgettable sound of a band that keeps disappointing (even me, their devoted fan) with each album.
But...still better than Shallow life.
----
World won't end today - it's already tomorrow in Australia.
22.01.2012 - 14:52
Rating: 7
skullkill
It sounds better then Shallow Life but i find i could do without the first half of the album
23.01.2012 - 05:28
Void Eater
Account deleted
I've seldom checked out this band in the past, and am listening to this album for the sake of listening to more 2012 albums, and it's actually pretty good. I'm only on track two, but so far both songs are well written pop/nu metal tunes.

EDIT: Upon finishing the entire album, yup, this is damn good.
25.01.2012 - 10:40
mehdi
Need more lead and less Andrea Ferro but not bad at all
25.01.2012 - 11:12
Kenos
Account deleted
They just get worse and worse. More plastic, less atmosphere and heart. I only listened to three songs (including "Trip The Darkness") and stopped there... But today or tomorrow I'll "have to" listen to it because I write for a webzine and they want me to review it.
If this is how Italy is musically represented abroad (along with Rhapsody *cough cough bleurgh --- puke*) then I can eternally weep in solitude and silence.
Thankfully we have Zu.
28.01.2012 - 00:52
Therapy?
Good album. Too bad none of the physical editions have the bonus song "Soul Inmate". Only the iTunes version has it which I find a disgrace. Nothing beats a physical copy and ltd. editions make it more precious to have certain albums (although alot of them only offer crappy and worthless goodies). But to offer INCOMPLETE albums... no THANKS. I'll just download.
28.01.2012 - 21:18
Rating: 6
dark_mar
I think it is great album. I have stoped to listen this band ...many years ago but i think they are good mark. i like that they didnt stop to play hard ..(the gathering did) and i like their new songs - even this softer like number 6 on this CD. I always miss guitar solos but on this album there are some...very nice, solo should be - 'a summary of the work'. I love that they sound like 'band' - all together. Cristina voice is more mature! I wish them all the best and hope they manage to play even rock, blues, funky and fusion and other kind of musical styles...
29.01.2012 - 16:55
dark_mar
And Andrea Ferro vocals are great.
31.01.2012 - 17:10
Rating: 10
hajimu
Keep it dark !
02.02.2012 - 21:58
Slayer666
Not bad. It has a number of enjoyable tracks, but a song consisting predominantly of a chorus like "PHALOW MEE, PHALOW MEE!" can be interesting for only so long. And that's what most songs are like.

Slightly above average and that's about it. Scabbia is as hot as ever, though.
02.02.2012 - 23:31
dark_mar
I like dark sound of the album. Very good mix for this band.
05.02.2012 - 06:15
R'Vannith
ghedengi
elite
That REM cover really is painful.
05.02.2012 - 14:29
musicalkaratekid
Well,i am probably one of those LC fans that don't expect the band to go back to what they were doing over a decade ago, because their popularity is too great. That said, 'Dark Adrenaline' is much heavier than its predecessor, and 'My Spirit' is a great song, but the fact that too many of the songs are actually half-baked, monotonous pieces of 'music' brings this rating down a bit for me. And the people who keep saying it's dark? Paramore are darker than this. And that's saying something. Just because their leading single has 'Darkness' in doesn't make them dark.
06.02.2012 - 21:14
musicalkaratekid
Written by Guest on 06.02.2012 at 20:02

Written by musicalkaratekid on 05.02.2012 at 14:29

Well,i am probably one of those LC fans that don't expect the band to go back to what they were doing over a decade ago, because their popularity is too great. That said, 'Dark Adrenaline' is much heavier than its predecessor, and 'My Spirit' is a great song, but the fact that too many of the songs are actually half-baked, monotonous pieces of 'music' brings this rating down a bit for me. And the people who keep saying it's dark? Paramore are darker than this. And that's saying something. Just because their leading single has 'Darkness' in doesn't make them dark.

Paramore are darker? Really? Which particular album? I am a quite big fan of them so I really look forward to being suprised once again in my life.

I was being sarcastic...
07.02.2012 - 12:58
Tenski
Lacuna Coil rules
07.02.2012 - 22:26
Actually I miss the times when they were playing Gothic Metal. Now it sounds like a commercial shit ...
09.02.2012 - 09:04
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I thought it was worth an 8 untill the REM cover and thesong after it. Only worth 7 now.
I predict the staff review will be between 5.8 and 6.3.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
09.02.2012 - 11:43
Rating: 9
Vistenk
Oh, Brother! Reading some of the comments regarding this CD has just again made me realize that even Good Taste in music can't buy Good Taste in Metal....

I really don't know what some of these guys are on about! This is a freakin' AWESOME album!!!

AND, by the way, the REM cover is BRILLIANT!!! Anyone can cover another artist's song with exactly the same tone/melody. It takes real creativity to re-write it for your sound in such a way that it still pays homage to the original...

Personally I thought Shallow Life was a little light in the pants - but with Dark Adrenaline LC are back with a bang!!!!

Cudo's with regards to the lyrical theme, for some reason I was thinking Arch Enemy's Khaos Legions when I read & listened to the lyrics... Good to know the dissatisfaction is wide-spread...
11.02.2012 - 04:05
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Vistenk on 09.02.2012 at 11:43

AND, by the way, the REM cover is BRILLIANT!!! Anyone can cover another artist's song with exactly the same tone/melody. It takes real creativity to re-write it for your sound in such a way that it still pays homage to the original...

Scabbia's vocals ruined it. She had a chance to save it in the 2nd verse (I think), where she started the line in a high voice. If she stayed there for the whole verse it would have worked, but she dropped down about 3/4s through it. It's like the producer (I assume) kept telling her to move her voice around rather than staying where it was best.
Like you said, a good cover soulds like both the original artistand the covering artist at the same time. This one did neither.
Remove it and Fire and you've got a really good album.

Also, shouldn't they be listed as alternative/nu metal now? Shallow Life and Dark Adrenaline arn't really gothic, are they.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
19.02.2012 - 19:19
Rating: 5
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I managed to rescue some good things about Shallow Life, I liked a bunch of songs there... but it was impossible with this one.

In my opinion, they just got worse. They are really stuck in trying to sound like Lacuna Coil, if you know what I mean.
21.02.2012 - 10:13
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
This album has two songs I really love; Give Me Something More and End Of Time.
I think the cover of Losing My Religon is absolurely horrid.
I love the overall feel of the album more than in Karmacode and Shallow Life.
But still, everything besides Give Me Smth more and End Of Time bores me.
So I have no idea, how to rate it.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
26.02.2012 - 17:48
Polaria
I have been listening to Lacuna Coil since their very first EP in 1998. I always thought they never quite fitted in the "Gothic" genre à la Theatre of Tragedy. I don't like In a Reverie and I think their current direction is the right one for them.

One thing they're really good at is the vocal play between Scabbia and Ferro. Sure Ferro will never be an extraordinary singer, but I don't think they would replace him, since he has been there right from the start of the band.

Highlights for me are Give Me Something More, My Spirit and UpsideDown. I give this album a 7.
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.

Hits total: 17708 | This month: 34