Metal Storm logo
Band Profiles: Report Mistakes

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 15.03.2011 - 18:14
This is your place to report mistakes with our featured bands, in the same way as the last thread:

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3137
28.08.2014 - 16:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 28.08.2014 at 12:29
Troy was guy what accept last edit in 2010 , link what he used is dead ...
I google it all says 1999 , but no official source , so might be like local lable something in 1998

I took the information from the official website while it was up, so what we have here is as official as it gets.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.08.2014 - 16:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.08.2014 at 16:43

Written by Bad English on 28.08.2014 at 12:29
Troy was guy what accept last edit in 2010 , link what he used is dead ...
I google it all says 1999 , but no official source , so might be like local lable something in 1998

I took the information from the official website while it was up, so what we have here is as official as it gets.

I know, I remember my such eddits even now, what I do sometimes bio, etc what I remember, what I have read in old myspace, official, but I look at that edit logs, link was dead
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.08.2014 - 02:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.08.2014 at 16:43

a

According to MA
Wohi and Blood

are same users as
Henri Sorvali http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/bandmember.php?member_id=5890
and Ville Sorvali http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/bandmember.php?member_id=87

Here are MA links

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Henri_Sorvali/4513

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Ville_Sorvali/4495

is it true anybody of staff and music knowing members can confirm it?

If its true we have datebase duplication

I send mails to bands in FC also theirs past bands as well, what had legit link, waiting for replay (5 days now) ...

any of you can cornfirm it?
----

apos;'
[image]
29.08.2014 - 03:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 29.08.2014 at 02:35

If I could confirm it I would have the first time you posted this.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.08.2014 - 11:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.08.2014 at 03:19

Written by Bad English on 29.08.2014 at 02:35

If I could confirm it I would have the first time you posted this.

I mean any of other staffers and trusted users
----

apos;'
[image]
05.09.2014 - 11:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is Ozzy still british band , I mean since pantheist started in Belgium and Kostas moved to UK, we put UK not Bel, same we did whit Tvangeste when they moved from Rus to Canada ... Ozzy live sin USA yes, so I just asking about location now
----

apos;'
[image]
05.09.2014 - 15:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 05.09.2014 at 11:25
Is Ozzy still british band , I mean since pantheist started in Belgium and Kostas moved to UK, we put UK not Bel, same we did whit Tvangeste when they moved from Rus to Canada ... Ozzy live sin USA yes, so I just asking about location now

Good point. Changed to USA.
----
05.09.2014 - 15:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.09.2014 at 15:21

Written by Bad English on 05.09.2014 at 11:25

Good point. Changed to USA.

same goes for BS as well I just ask, since I have no clue were they are living

Whitesnake as well

BTW there was another band similar story what I wanted to ask about but I forgot

EDDIT:
I remember
Its the Cult we have UK, but band was form in USA more less., since I remember Ian Aasbury went to Canada study native American wisdom... now we have UK, but where its located now?
----

apos;'
[image]
05.09.2014 - 15:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 05.09.2014 at 15:37
same goes for BS as well I just ask, since I have no clue were they are living

Whitesnake as well

BTW there was another band similar story what I wanted to ask about but I forgot

EDDIT:
I remember
Its the Cult we have UK, but band was form in USA more less., since I remember Ian Aasbury went to Canada study native American wisdom... now we have UK, but where its located now?

From what I gathered, Sabbath is still a UK band. Ozzy just happens to live in the US. (He probably has dual-citizenship with a home in each country come to think of it.) Marcel or someone who follows Ozzy/Sabbath more extensively would probably know more about this.

Whitesnake appears to be a UK band by all accounts.

The Cult appear to be a UK band as well.
----
05.09.2014 - 15:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.09.2014 at 15:44

The Cult appear to be a UK band as well.

ok seems ok to me about those as well, but why Cult is UK wasn't band for in USA, or Canada, or Ian is moved back to England? Just asking
----

apos;'
[image]
05.09.2014 - 15:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
BS, WHitesnake and The Cult are all UK bands.

No idea if Ozzy has dual citizenship but the Ozzy solo band was originally a UK band, albeitr Rhandy Rhoads was American. Later on the band shifted towardsUS members and Ozzy living in the US, but he also lives about half of each year in England. Imo Ozzy band is Uk as well, though not as clear as BS, WS and The Cult. I would say Ozzy Osbourne band is in that regard comparable to the King Diamond band.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.09.2014 - 15:52
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 05.09.2014 at 15:48
ok seems ok to me about those as well, but why Cult is UK wasn't band for in USA, or Canada, or Ian is moved back to England? Just asking

No idea about the history of The Cult, all I know is currently they're apparently a UK band so that's what I'm going with. Looks pretty black and white, kind of like Marcel said.

A simple Google search would have answered these questions by the way. The Ozzy thing was legit because, as Marcel pointed out, it's hazy with him going back and forth. The others are a waste of time to bring up.
----
07.09.2014 - 00:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.09.2014 at 15:52

Written by Bad English on 05.09.2014 at 15:48

No idea about the history of The Cult, all I know is currently they're apparently a UK band so that's what I'm going with. Looks pretty black and white, kind of like Marcel said.

A simple Google search would have answered these questions by the way. The Ozzy thing was legit because, as Marcel pointed out, it's hazy with him going back and forth. The others are a waste of time to bring up.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=5978&bandname=Kenziner
active again can you put same style but from 2012 since band re started ... scroll down FB wall and see ,
----

apos;'
[image]
07.09.2014 - 01:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 07.09.2014 at 00:54
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=5978&bandname=Kenziner
active again can you put same style but from 2012 since band re started ... scroll down FB wall and see ,

Dealt with.
----
07.09.2014 - 02:17
Ruchesko

Seems to be some confusion about Fabio Lione's current status within Angra - currently listed as an official member, live musician and session singer.
07.09.2014 - 02:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Ruchesko on 07.09.2014 at 02:17
Seems to be some confusion about Fabio Lione's current status within Angra - currently listed as an official member, live musician and session singer.

Deleted the session profile, edited the live profile and set the year to 2013 (when he performed as a special guest on the 70000 Tons of Metal thing) and left the official member profile.
----
08.09.2014 - 04:29
Ruchesko

Two bands called Desdemona, one Polish, one Italian - neither profile has a nationality tag.
08.09.2014 - 05:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Ruchesko on 08.09.2014 at 04:29
Two bands called Desdemona, one Polish, one Italian - neither profile has a nationality tag.

Added ITA for the power metal one.
----
08.09.2014 - 10:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.09.2014 at 05:56

Written by Ruchesko on 08.09.2014 at 04:29

Added ITA for the power metal one.

you can also add Polish one style year
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2014 - 19:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to MS bio Electric Wizard also was know in same names as in MA http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Electric_Wizard/407

I just ask should we change aka or should we open new band profiles, but same time I cant find any official so ...I just ask to datebase cheaf about this
----

apos;'
[image]
12.09.2014 - 03:27
ScnD361

Http://metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=4121

HDK from 2014 they add symphonic elements, that's why I think "thrash metal" doesn't represent the band' style. Symphonic Thrash metal maybe, or add another style like "Symphonic metal".
12.09.2014 - 10:10
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.07.2014 at 19:22

Changed (Ghost Brigade) to post-metal and prog. Not sure why they were labeled as melodeath either - most likely due to the harsh vocals.

Getting back to this one cause it's not leaving me alone

They describe themselves as an alternative metal band, which is actually quite fitting because of their diverse approach to sludge metal (alternative sludge?), occasional post-metal only being one of the influences. Prog, on the other hand, tends to refer to more technical songwriting than what they deliver.

Furthermore, the definition of post-metal should be refined round these parts. I've never found it being synonymous to atmospheric sludge metal, more like post-rock meets (insert metal genre here). The way I see things, Ghost Brigade are too "conventional" to be labeled post-metal.
12.09.2014 - 15:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by ScnD361 on 12.09.2014 at 03:27
HDK from 2014 they add symphonic elements, that's why I think "thrash metal" doesn't represent the band' style. Symphonic Thrash metal maybe, or add another style like "Symphonic metal".

Added symphonic metal. Not sure I'd call them thrash either but not really sure what else fits without making it look like a clusterfuck. From what I've heard and read it's like a mix of alternative/heavy/gothic/thrash/symphonic.
----
12.09.2014 - 15:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Risto on 12.09.2014 at 10:10
They describe themselves as an alternative metal band, which is actually quite fitting because of their diverse approach to sludge metal (alternative sludge?), occasional post-metal only being one of the influences. Prog, on the other hand, tends to refer to more technical songwriting than what they deliver.

Furthermore, the definition of post-metal should be refined round these parts. I've never found it being synonymous to atmospheric sludge metal, more like post-rock meets (insert metal genre here). The way I see things, Ghost Brigade are too "conventional" to be labeled post-metal.

I think I used to confuse the two before post-metal was eventually given a more distinctive set of traits, which is essentially what you said: post-rock meets metal, although it usually features elements of shoegaze as well. It's synonymous with "atmospheric metal", which I think is probably the best description of the band's sound, but I can get on board with the alternative description in the sense that they kind of have a contemporary Katatonia thing going on - what many reviewers call "dark metal", so I'll add that. Anyone who would like to comment on this change, feel free to do so here.

I don't want to add sludge as a primary genre because they simply don't fall under that umbrella. They're too light and atmospheric for that, which is where the post/prog thing comes into play. I'll eliminate prog for now (come to think of it that style really doesn't suit their sound) and replace it with alternative but I don't think I can step away from the post-metal tag.
----
12.09.2014 - 21:25
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.09.2014 at 15:49

I don't want to add sludge as a primary genre because they simply don't fall under that umbrella. They're too light and atmospheric for that, which is where the post/prog thing comes into play. I'll eliminate prog for now (come to think of it that style really doesn't suit their sound) and replace it with alternative but I don't think I can step away from the post-metal tag.

They're not really that light when they switch to heavy gear (tuned down to A), but they probably produce themselves out of sludge metal or something. They have this distinct melodic stoner/doom thing going on with added post-metal stuff, and vocals that are somewhere between sludgy hardcore shouts and death metal growling.
13.09.2014 - 00:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Risto on 12.09.2014 at 21:25
They're not really that light when they switch to heavy gear (tuned down to A), but they probably produce themselves out of sludge metal or something. They have this distinct melodic stoner/doom thing going on with added post-metal stuff, and vocals that are somewhere between sludgy hardcore shouts and death metal growling.

I'm personally opposed to adding sludge to their profile but you might be able to convince another Staff member with database-editing privileges like J. N. or psykometal.
----
13.09.2014 - 12:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.09.2014 at 00:46

Written by Risto on 12.09.2014 at 21:25

I'm personally opposed to adding sludge to their profile but you might be able to convince another Staff member with database-editing privileges like J. N. or psykometal.

I am totally opposed to adding sludge to Ghoist Brigade as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.09.2014 - 16:04
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Having listened to a few tracks off their latest album, Apathy don't seem to exhibit any progressive metal traits. Sounds like MDM + melodic death doom or something along those lines...
17.09.2014 - 01:15
Ruchesko

All the lineup guest credits for Ayreon's 01011001 seem to be listed as 2007 despite the fact the album came out 2008?
17.09.2014 - 01:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ruchesko on 17.09.2014 at 01:15

All the lineup guest credits for Ayreon's 01011001 seem to be listed as 2007 despite the fact the album came out 2008?

maybe because it was recorded in 2007?
----

apos;'
[image]