Metal Storm logo
Band Profiles: Report Mistakes

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 15.03.2011 - 18:14
This is your place to report mistakes with our featured bands, in the same way as the last thread:

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3137
17.09.2014 - 02:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Ruchesko on 17.09.2014 at 01:15
All the lineup guest credits for Ayreon's 01011001 seem to be listed as 2007 despite the fact the album came out 2008?

Before we could edit album lineups, we used to align guest musicians with the album year. But now we can align them with the year of recording and edit the album lineup to include the guest musicians, which is the case this time.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.09.2014 - 14:12
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Son Of Aurelius's latest album is labelled as tech death. Umm...we should do something about that...

Edit: Also Novembre's genre tags need reviewing - their last two albums don't sound like death doom to me...at least not in it's pure form.

17.09.2014 - 17:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 17.09.2014 at 14:12

Edit: Also Novembre's genre tags need reviewing - their last two albums don't sound like death doom to me...at least not in it's pure form.

I agree, even bit was a while, but well some prog elements prog doom, but it was while when I heard it last time
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.09.2014 - 01:33
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Troy, would you mind changing the album genre tag for Ulver's Kveldssanger to folk something? I know they had another release that year which was black metal so you can't change the entire band's genre tag...
18.09.2014 - 02:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 18.09.2014 at 01:33

Troy, would you mind changing the album genre tag for Ulver's Kveldssanger to folk something? I know they had another release that year which was black metal so you can't change the entire band's genre tag...

Pure 100% acoustic folk, or neo folk or what it calls, but its acoustic album not metal at all
----

apos;'
[image]
18.09.2014 - 09:48
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Bad English on 18.09.2014 at 02:14

Pure 100% acoustic folk, or neo folk or what it calls, but its acoustic album not metal at all

Yep, no metal whatsoever.
18.09.2014 - 17:16
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I've added progressive metal from 2014- for Son Of Aurelius since that element was rather overt at that stage. There are significant prog aspects to their debut, but I'll leave that to a discussion if anyone has some thoughts on it. I can't edit Ulver, Apathy, or Novembre however.
19.09.2014 - 02:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by LeKiwi on 18.09.2014 at 17:16
I've added progressive metal from 2014- for Son Of Aurelius since that element was rather overt at that stage. There are significant prog aspects to their debut, but I'll leave that to a discussion if anyone has some thoughts on it.

Agree with that. I edited the prog tag so it starts at 2009 for the reason you mentioned.

EDIT: saw your old post, capped tech-death at 2013
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.09.2014 - 02:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Also changed the Ulver thing to dark folk.
----
19.09.2014 - 02:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by LeKiwi on 17.09.2014 at 14:12
Edit: Also Novembre's genre tags need reviewing.

Not sure what I'd label them. Some kind of prog I think. Definitely not death doom.

I'll go with pure prog for now and see what others say about it.
----
19.09.2014 - 02:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.09.2014 at 02:49

Also changed the Ulver thing to dark folk.

Do we have it isn't it more less Neo folk
this band
Sopor Aeternus And The Ensemble Of Shadows

neo medieval --- I personally dunno it but we ussially define such bands as neo folk arnt we?
as Danish Of the Wand & the Moon

Or just I am mistaken

Maybe Marcel , Bitter can comment?

Novembre isn't pure prog, I would say extreme prog. prog death something, similar as we have Opeth
----

apos;'
[image]
19.09.2014 - 03:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 19.09.2014 at 02:56
this band

neo medieval --- I personally dunno it but we ussially define such bands as neo folk arnt we?

Or just I am mistaken

Novembre isn't pure prog, I would say extreme prog. prog death something, similar as we have Opeth

You have a point, dark folk isn't really a common term we use here. I'll switch it to neofolk (which is what we have for bands like Agalloch and Uaral).

Never listened to that other band you mentioned but obviously something should be done about the styles. No need for that kind of superfluous tagging.

(What's with all the focus on fixing invisible profiles these days? I know I haven't been the most active in regards to the activation requests but seriously...)

Also I think something like extreme prog better fits Novembre's sound than simply prog.
----
19.09.2014 - 03:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.09.2014 at 03:03

Written by Bad English on 19.09.2014 at 02:56
this band

Or just I am mistaken

You have a point, dark folk isn't really a common term we use here. I'll switch it to neofolk (which is what we have for bands like Agalloch and Uaral).

Never listened to that other band you mentioned but obviously something should be done about the styles. No need for that kind of superfluous tagging.

(What's with all the focus on fixing invisible profiles these days? I know I haven't been the most active in regards to the activation requests but seriously...)

Also I think something like extreme prog better fits Novembre's sound than simply prog.

I did click on Ulvers album where are genre (or was ) Dark Folk , just for fun and blindly catched it , since I dunno band, to me seems genres are borrowed from wiki something

PS I do edit bands but I am n Finland page 7 now or 6 ,,, Germany' urn will come, but I am pleased as Array has dome whit his home country bands less mistaces from others from A to F and accoding to logs array did good editing
----

apos;'
[image]
20.09.2014 - 22:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=2891&bandname=Xysma

according to FB 20013 posts band is active again, some links what they posted whit google translate says they plays... styles must be fixed (but don't ask me what I have no clue)
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2014 - 16:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Troy
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=1720&bandname=Bethlehem

Dark rock, should it can be change to gothic rock something since dark metal as we agreed don't exist , same time as many says band is ''pioneers of dark metal'' and terme comes from bands album ''dark metal'' we can add it as trivia
----

apos;'
[image]
23.09.2014 - 12:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In The Woods are active again, IMO band styles must be fixed from new, my guess is BM , Prog and Avant same time, or should w wait till new albums be out to judge?

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=2701
----

apos;'
[image]
26.09.2014 - 20:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Blackstar Halo has aka name and it is Downfall

and since Downfall has like 1 album can I add it under BH or Troy or Johan you should open new profile for this band I mean as Downfall since one full length?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Downfall/6573

anyway form in year fixed and line up as well to 1998
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2014 - 02:55
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I know that no one cares about invisible bands, so I'll delete this if requested. I edited the genres for Carbonized after skimming through their discography. I'll edit them more thoroughly when I listen to their records in detail, but I had to change the tag from death metal as it was considerably misleading.

Right now it's:
1988-1993 Grindcore
1993-1996 Progressive thrash metal
27.09.2014 - 16:45
mz

Steven Le Moan, vocalist and guitarist of Stangalais the same person behind Netra. In Netra's profile, he's been mentioned as Steven "Netra" Le Moan. I'm not sure which one is correct but his name in the profile of different bands should consistent with each other.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
27.09.2014 - 19:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 27.09.2014 at 02:55

I know that no one cares about invisible bands, so I'll delete this if requested. I edited the genres for Carbonized after skimming through their discography. I'll edit them more thoroughly when I listen to their records in detail, but I had to change the tag from death metal as it was considerably misleading.

Right now it's:
1988-1993 Grindcore

why you report changes you made you should not do it report here only what you can not fix
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2014 - 20:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by mz on 27.09.2014 at 16:45

Steven Le Moan, vocalist and guitarist of Stangalais the same person behind Netra. In Netra's profile, he's been mentioned as Steven "Netra" Le Moan. I'm not sure which one is correct but his name in the profile of different bands should consistent with each other.

we delete always newest member so it means 52504 where ''netra''
look at tag url numbers ... so .. anyway I will mark to delete , troy or jn anystaffer will delete it
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2014 - 20:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/bandmember.php?member_id=31
one Trauma from profile must be deleted
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2014 - 22:25
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Bad English on 27.09.2014 at 19:51

why you report changes you made you should not do it report here only what you can not fix

Man...I told you already.
28.09.2014 - 22:01
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Ok, I further refined the genres for Carbonized - it's now:

1988-1990 Death metal
1988-1993 Grindcore
1991 Progressive death metal
1993-1996 Avantgarde metal

Looks complicated, but if you click each album it makes sense. Disharmonization is a bit messy...could be replaced with extreme avant-garde...

Edit: minor edit - changed prog to prog death and took away death for 1991.
28.09.2014 - 22:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by LeKiwi on 28.09.2014 at 22:01

Ok, I further refined the genres for Carbonized - it's now:

1988-1990 Death metal
1988-1993 Grindcore
1991 Progressive death metal

Looks complicated, but if you click each album it makes sense. Disharmonization is a bit messy...could be replaced with extreme avant-garde...

Edit: minor edit - changed prog to prog death and took away death for 1991.

Yeah you might want to check this thread: http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=51152 (in fact that's the thread you should be using for genre issues, not this one).
28.09.2014 - 23:22
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Guest on 28.09.2014 at 22:33

Yeah you might want to check this thread: http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=51152 (in fact that's the thread you should be using for genre issues, not this one).

That's for album styles. Additionally, I was asked to post my edits right here.
29.09.2014 - 00:13
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Carbonized genre edit:

1988-1990 Death metal
1988-1993 Grindcore
1991-1993 Progressive death metal
1996 Progressive rock

The prog rock is just temporary, as it's clear it's not classic rock nor its contemporary counterpart...any ideas?
30.09.2014 - 22:25
D.T. Metal

Written by LeKiwi on 29.09.2014 at 00:13

Carbonized genre edit:

1988-1990 Death metal
1988-1993 Grindcore
1991-1993 Progressive death metal
1996 Progressive rock

The prog rock is just temporary, as it's clear it's not classic rock nor its contemporary counterpart...any ideas?

ok - I posted in the album style topic as well. From now on, and since we have the album style feature, DO NOT change the band style a million times if a band puts out an 'out of style' album. That's the whole reason we implemented this.
So, for Carbonized - were they mainly a grindcore band (I guess deathgrind would work better since apparently they played dm also?) or a progressive avantgarde metal band? Stick with the genre the band is known for and just edit the albums accordingly.
30.09.2014 - 23:07
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by D.T. Metal on 30.09.2014 at 22:25

ok - I posted in the album style topic as well. From now on, and since we have the album style feature, DO NOT change the band style a million times if a band puts out an 'out of style' album. That's the whole reason we implemented this.
So, for Carbonized - were they mainly a grindcore band (I guess deathgrind would work better since apparently they played dm also?) or a progressive avantgarde metal band? Stick with the genre the band is known for and just edit the albums accordingly.

That's confusing since there seems to be a lack of consistency on the site in accordance with that proposition. For instance, shouldn't Opeth be only extreme prog with Damnation, Heritage, and their latest edited accordingly? Isn't the album style edit only for outlier albums?
30.09.2014 - 23:33
D.T. Metal

Written by LeKiwi on 30.09.2014 at 23:07

Written by D.T. Metal on 30.09.2014 at 22:25

That's confusing since there seems to be a lack of consistency on the site in accordance with that proposition. For instance, shouldn't Opeth be only extreme prog with Damnation, Heritage, and their latest edited accordingly? Isn't the album style edit only for outlier albums?

Well, the album style feature is a new thing - started not that long ago and hence the lack of consistency.