Metal Storm logo
Band Profiles: Report Mistakes

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 15.03.2011 - 18:14
This is your place to report mistakes with our featured bands, in the same way as the last thread:

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3137
28.10.2014 - 01:50
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Bad English on 27.10.2014 at 11:42

Written by M C Vice on 27.10.2014 at 09:34

Since Obtained Enslavement's 1st album and earlier demos aren't symphonic black, could they get changed to black metal up until 95/96/97 (not sure when the change occurred, somewhere between albums). Also the 92 demo sounds rather death/blackened death, although someone should probably double check that as I don't really trust my judgement with identifying death metal.

we have it In main genre
1989-1992 Death metal
1992-2000 Symphonic black metal

But 92-at least 94 aren't symphonic black. That's what I said the 1st time. They're more like regular black.
EDIT; I had the 2 demos round the wrong way. The 93 one sounds more death-y than the 92 one.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
28.10.2014 - 02:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 28.10.2014 at 01:50

Written by Bad English on 27.10.2014 at 11:42

Since Obtained Enslavement's 1st album and earlier demos aren't symphonic black, could they get changed to black metal up until 95/96/97 (not sure when the change occurred, somewhere between albums). Also the 92 demo sounds rather death/blackened death, although someone should probably double check that as I don't really trust my judgement with identifying death metal.

we have it In main genre
1989-1992 Death metal
1992-2000 Symphonic black metal

But 92-at least 94 aren't symphonic black. That's what I said the 1st time. They're more like regular black.

I see
cant fix it anyway , staff can
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.10.2014 - 09:23
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite

How's it look now?
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

29.10.2014 - 09:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by LeKiwi on 27.10.2014 at 14:28

Added styles for Omnerod:
2009- Extreme progressive metal
2009- Avantgarde metal

It's hard to categorise these guys into a refined style, since they're all over the place. Post-metal, fusion, tech death, and prog death are also quite prevalent styles in their writing

I don't think I'm the only who will "wtf?!" listing a band as both prog and avant at the same time, so I'll give the album a spin to see if I can come up with something a little more specific.

Edit: As I expected there's nothing avantgarde about it. The prevalent sound I hear is prog death, but there is also some non-death prog as well. All in all I'd say the release is primarily prog death, but one could go with extreme prog instead if more people feel it to be more balanced between the death and non-death prog.
----

29.10.2014 - 11:08
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by psykometal on 29.10.2014 at 09:23

How's it look now?

Probably right. Like I said, the style change came somewhere between the first 2 albums. Thanks.
----
29.10.2014 - 11:26
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by M C Vice on 29.10.2014 at 11:08

Probably right. Like I said, the style change came somewhere between the first 2 albums. Thanks.

Nada problema, Amigo.
----

29.10.2014 - 11:47
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 29.10.2014 at 09:30

I don't think I'm the only who will "wtf?!" listing a band as both prog and avant at the same time, so I'll give the album a spin to see if I can come up with something a little more specific.

Edit: As I expected there's nothing avantgarde about it. The prevalent sound I hear is prog death, but there is also some non-death prog as well. All in all I'd say the release is primarily prog death, but one could go with extreme prog instead if more people feel it to be more balanced between the death and non-death prog.

Would it be inappropriate to tag them as both extreme prog and prog death?
29.10.2014 - 12:00
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by LeKiwi on 29.10.2014 at 11:47

Would it be inappropriate to tag them as both extreme prog and prog death?

I do feel like that would be just unnecessary overkill.
----

29.10.2014 - 12:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I honestly don't recall much death metal in Omnerod. Just because there are harsh vocals going on it doesn't mean the music is death metal. Extreme prog probably suits them best as it covers most things (and Omnerod covers a lot of sounds and styles).
29.10.2014 - 12:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is why I hate modern bands, you cat label them ... old days it was easy some hairy letter jacket dudes running around, playing fast, its thrash
some dudes lose buy 'gator farm have extreme vox its dead
corpse paint and extreme guitar soundm its black
happy smiling guys whit a lot of women and hits are on MTV , its hart or glam ....

now its hard define genre anymore those who goes out of classical definition
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2014 - 12:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
In fairness Omnerod are harder to pigeon-hole than most, seeing as their music employs prog, mathcore, djent, ambient (possibly some death metal here and there) and the kitchen sink.
29.10.2014 - 13:11
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
That's why I decided to add avant-garde, because of their frequent style-hopping
29.10.2014 - 14:22
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by psykometal on 29.10.2014 at 09:30

Progressive and avantgarde aren't mutually exclusive. Take my Oddland suggestion for example: a mix of traditional prog metal and math metal. It just doesn't sound like typical math metal because of the out-of-the-box approach
02.11.2014 - 06:55
Fearmeister
Account deleted
I think that this album needs to be dealt with. I'm fine with mixing the various Devin Townsend stuff but this needs either
a) its own band profile or
b) deleted, since its country rock and not metal and its own separate entity apart from the Band and Project.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=60217&band_id=87&bandname=Devin+Townsend
04.11.2014 - 01:33
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Guest on 02.11.2014 at 06:55

I think that this album needs to be dealt with. I'm fine with mixing the various Devin Townsend stuff but this needs either
a) its own band profile or
b) deleted, since its country rock and not metal and its own separate entity apart from the Band and Project.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=60217&band_id=87&bandname=Devin+Townsend

I second the first option.
05.11.2014 - 22:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Band start out in 2005 and style says 2003 .... must be fixed to 2005
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=5889&bandname=November-7
----

apos;'
[image]
06.11.2014 - 02:16
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Periphery: the individually titled Juggernaut albums need to be removed as they are being released as a double album. i.e. remove Juggernaut: Alpha and Juggernaut: Omega.
06.11.2014 - 02:20
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Bad English on 05.11.2014 at 22:04

Band start out in 2005 and style says 2003 .... must be fixed to 2005
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=5889&bandname=November-7

Fixed.
----

06.11.2014 - 02:25
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by LeKiwi on 06.11.2014 at 02:16

Periphery: the individually titled Juggernaut albums need to be removed as they are being released as a double album. i.e. remove Juggernaut: Alpha and Juggernaut: Omega.

Fixed.
----

08.11.2014 - 12:50
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 06.11.2014 at 02:25

Written by LeKiwi on 06.11.2014 at 02:16

Fixed.

They were re-added as separate albums. We need to keep it consistent on this site. For example: Devin's double album is under one album.
09.11.2014 - 01:06
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Same issue with Satan's Host's Pre-Dating God.
09.11.2014 - 01:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 09.11.2014 at 01:06

Same issue with Satan's Host's Pre-Dating God.

I didn't get?
those are as WASP neon god pt 1 and 2 2 CD separate albums, GNR same, 2 albums not 2 CD's even some cases its 2 CD's
----

apos;'
[image]
09.11.2014 - 02:03
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Bad English on 09.11.2014 at 01:18

I didn't get?
those are as WASP neon god pt 1 and 2 2 CD separate albums, GNR same, 2 albums not 2 CD's even some cases its 2 CD's

Well, MS needs to be consistent. It also depends on how the band views the constituent albums - as separate entities or as two parts.
09.11.2014 - 02:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 09.11.2014 at 02:03

I didn't get?

Well, MS needs to be consistent. It also depends on how the band views the constituent albums - as separate entities or as two parts.

I dunno about Devin, I don't like guy, those 2 you mentioned , they are not out but GnR and Wasp those are 2 separate albums, many cases 2 CD, and double , GnR both has 2 booklets so
----

apos;'
[image]
09.11.2014 - 16:32
Ilham
Giant robot
Talking about Sopor Aeternus, I checked her profile and I saw that the neoclassical tag was added twice with different a spelling. We should choose one and ditch the other.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=1427&bandname=Sopor%2BAeternus%2BAnd%2BThe%2BEnsemble%2BOf%2BShadows
09.11.2014 - 17:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ilham on 09.11.2014 at 16:32

Talking about Sopor Aeternus, I checked her profile and I saw that the neoclassical tag was added twice with different a spelling. We should choose one and ditch the other.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=1427&bandname=Sopor%2BAeternus%2BAnd%2BThe%2BEnsemble%2BOf%2BShadows

Fixed, I remember that band, I delete dark when I did edited since I and Troy agreed we will delete all dark from genres, same as traditional from heavy metal,
why there was 2 spellings I dunnp, I did not add t and Troy said via PM he will look up years and fix so , anyway I fixed now, years feel free search, add, report
----

apos;'
[image]
10.11.2014 - 08:40
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by LeKiwi on 09.11.2014 at 02:03

I didn't get?

Well Z2 is only availiable (as far as I know) as a double album, the Sky Blue and Dark Matters aren't availiable separatly. (fuck you, red spell check line)
----
10.11.2014 - 16:01
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Sounds like Z2 is a double album to me. So somebody transfer all the second album info into the first as disc 2, then let me know when done and I'll delete the second Z2 entry. K?
----

10.11.2014 - 16:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 10.11.2014 at 16:01

K?

da faq , transferring to me ?
when I will deal whit aka and real names I might

EDIT give me a link cant find that album
----

apos;'
[image]
10.11.2014 - 17:52
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
I wasn't transferring to you. That's just a K, as in "OK?" Goofy bastard.
----