Metal Storm logo
How did you live without...

Original post

Posted by thefadedline, 12.09.2006 - 02:45
My question to you all is, have you ever heard an album or song and wondered how you 'got by' in the past not knowing of the music in question? For instance, you discover a band and you really love the music they make. You wonder how you enjoyed music in this way before you made this discovery.

I think this is only possible in hindsight as you don't know any better. You can't think, "Wow, I can't wait to discover this amazing band and have them completely reinvent my outlook on music!". But I find, when I hear a new band or song which I really love, it contrasts with everything else and makes it seem pretty, average.

I don't even know what I am talking about here.
17.08.2010 - 14:51
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Kennoth on 17.08.2010 at 14:36

Written by vezzy on 17.08.2010 at 12:01

You'd start trembling after hearing some other artists, but oh well.

Hardly. Just because I don't listen to some more extreme metal genres, doesn't mean I never tried.

Depends on the artist though. Which ones?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
17.08.2010 - 14:54
Kennoth

Written by vezzy on 17.08.2010 at 14:51

Depends on the artist though. Which ones?

Slayer.

Just kidding. From death metal I've tried CC and Morbid Angel. From Grindcore Napalm Death and from pure black Burzum.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
17.08.2010 - 14:58
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Kennoth on 17.08.2010 at 14:54
From death metal I've tried CC and Morbid Angel. From Grindcore Napalm Death and from pure black Burzum.

I think I busted my gut.

So basically you picked the most common and overrated choices. Napalm Death's only true grindcore albums were their first two.
----
17.08.2010 - 15:04
Kennoth

Written by vezzy on 17.08.2010 at 14:58

Written by Kennoth on 17.08.2010 at 14:54
From death metal I've tried CC and Morbid Angel. From Grindcore Napalm Death and from pure black Burzum.

I think I busted my gut.

So basically you picked the most common and overrated choices. Napalm Death's only true grindcore albums were their first two.

Well as I said before, since I don't listen to those genres usually, I picked most accessible and common bands, because I'm not familiar with more 'underrated' and 'underground' ones. I don't understand what's so strange in that?
----
17.08.2010 - 15:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Kennoth on 17.08.2010 at 15:04
Well as I said before, since I don't listen to those genres usually, I picked most accessible and common bands, because I'm not familiar with more 'underrated' and 'underground' ones. I don't understand what's so strange in that?

Pretty "accessible" considering you pretty much listened to some Corpsegrinder album to attack CC in the DragonForce review, completely ignoring the fact that CC at least has music.

Whatever though. Standard choices do help... (broaden?) so you'll be ready for more.
----
17.08.2010 - 15:35
Kennoth

Written by vezzy on 17.08.2010 at 15:16

Pretty "accessible" considering you pretty much listened to some Corpsegrinder album to attack CC in the DragonForce review, completely ignoring the fact that CC at least has music.

Some strong attack that was, we've been over this before

About the music, that's highly debatable and dependable on personal preferences. I'm a fan of neither band, but it takes some degree of musical skill to play either of them.
----
24.08.2010 - 06:14
SerratedSyringe

Hmmm I can't really imagine life without Anaal Nathrakh or The Berzerker.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
25.08.2010 - 07:28
whatsacow

Diablo Swing orchestra, Maudlin of the Well, Ahab.

I dont know how i survived without avant garde, funeral doom or depressive black.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
26.07.2013 - 11:23
Infernal Eternal

Actually, I've never had that feeling.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter