Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - To Release New Best Of Album

EMI are proud to announce the release of From Fear To Eternity: The Best Of 1990-2010, a double-CD set spanning twenty years of Iron Maiden history.

This release follows the huge success of 2010's studio album The Final Frontier, which hit the number one spot in 28 countries around the world. It also became the band's highest-charting album in the USA where Iron Maiden have just been awarded their first Grammy for Best Metal Performance, for the song "El Dorado", taken from The Final Frontier album, and which is included in this selection.

From Fear To Eternity: The Best Of 1990-2010 will also be made available as a Digital Download Album and as a Limited Edition Triple Vinyl Picture Disc.

Iron Maiden are about to embark on the Mexican/South American leg of their Final Frontier World Tour. The tour includes stops in Argentina and Chile where both shows will be filmed for inclusion in a DVD to be released later this year.

From Fear To Eternity: The Best Of 1990-2010 tracklist:

Disc 1:
01. The Wicker Man
02. Holy Smoke
03. El Dorado
04. Paschendale
05. Different World
06. Man On The Edge (Live)
07. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
08. Blood Brothers
09. Rainmaker
10. Sign of the Cross (Live)
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark (Live)

Disc 2:
01. Be Quick Or Be Dead
02. Tailgunner
03. No More Lies
04. Coming Home
05. The Clansman (Live)
06. For the Greater Good of God
07. These Colours Don't Run
08. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
09. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
10. Dance of Death
11. When the Wild Wind Blows

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 16.03.2011 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 233 users
16.03.2011 - 23:18
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
The first disk is ok except for Holy Smoke and Rainmaker, but the second is terrible except for Dance of Death and For the Greater Good of God.
16.03.2011 - 23:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Oh cool! All their most boring tracks consolidated into one place!

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure I get the logic behind this...I mean, new and casual fans are usually the ones to buy compilations, and more likely to buy something that covers their whole career...Like any of the 6 other compilations they have. Diehard fans probably already have most of these songs anyways....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.03.2011 - 23:21
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 16.03.2011 at 23:19

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure I get the logic behind this...I mean, new and casual fans are usually the ones to buy compilations, and more likely to buy something that covers their whole career...Like any of the 6 other compilations they have. Diehard fans probably already have most of these songs anyways....

You tooks the words right out of my mouth.
16.03.2011 - 23:35
@gent_-_orange
Talk about unnecessary, IMO Maidens 1990-2010 period is not good enough to warrant a compilation album (Maybe with the exception of Brave New World) A lot of people will buy this regardless though, Maiden may aswell just stick to re-releasing all of the 80's material into more pointless compilations if they really have to.
16.03.2011 - 23:49
RavenKing
Written by Doc G. on 16.03.2011 at 23:19

The only tolerable songs are "The Wicker Man", "Brave New World", "Be Quick Or Be Dead", "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" and "Fear Of The Dark". None of them being really good.
Everything else sucks.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
16.03.2011 - 23:50
Sean_Avery
I find it amusing that this compilation is two discs, while the Edward the Great compilation (which covers mostly the 80s, no need to say more) only has one disc. Heck one album of 1990-2010 would be pushing it.
16.03.2011 - 23:54
Danyael
Oh great! Let's release one Best Of album after every single studio album. That would be even cooler. Or isn't that the case already?
16.03.2011 - 23:55
R.I.Pdeadlegends
Account deleted
So they are doing a "Metallica"... sad sad...

Definition: Metallica -> selling out
17.03.2011 - 00:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
The fact "Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter" makes a comp of their best cuts of the last 20 years speaks a lot about the quality of what they've put out over the last 20 years.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.03.2011 - 00:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 16.03.2011 at 23:55

So they are doing a "Metallica"... sad sad...

Definition: Metallica -> selling out

The total irony of this statement is I don't think Metallica have released a single compilation/greatest hits album in their entire career. lol
17.03.2011 - 00:35
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.03.2011 at 00:23

The total irony of this statement is I don't think Metallica have released a single compilation/greatest hits album in their entire career. lol

What about if you look at how many times over, they released the same compilation of covers, about 3 or 4 times over, under different titles, such as 'New Skulls for the Old Ceremony', 'Garage, Inc.' and then 'Garage Days Revisited'? They may not milk their albums dry, but they sure as hell did with that same bunch of covers.
17.03.2011 - 00:43
R.I.Pdeadlegends
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.03.2011 at 00:23

Well my definiton doesn't mention compilation or whatever selling out is selling out and who cares about the method...
17.03.2011 - 00:48
@gent_-_orange
Written by BitterCOld on 17.03.2011 at 00:18

The fact "Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter" makes a comp of their best cuts of the last 20 years speaks a lot about the quality of what they've put out over the last 20 years.

Sad but true.... Maiden dont need to release this album at all.... its not like they need the money, this is just unneccesary and is making me lose respect for them more and more.
17.03.2011 - 01:13
Urizen367
Though the artwork is pretty cool we DO NOT (DO NOT!!!!!!) need ANOTHER GOD DAMN MAIDEN COMPILATION. for fucks sake.

my friends wonder why i started listening to soulfly again.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
17.03.2011 - 01:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by MightyFuckinThor on 17.03.2011 at 00:35
What about if you look at how many times over, they released the same compilation of covers, about 3 or 4 times over, under different titles, such as 'New Skulls for the Old Ceremony', 'Garage, Inc.' and then 'Garage Days Revisited'? They may not milk their albums dry, but they sure as hell did with that same bunch of covers.

"New Skulls For The Old Ceremony" features some songs that were previously only available on single b-sides and that are previously unavailable material. Also, that album is not an official release, and is not included in any official Metallica discographies. The "Garage Days Revisited" EP has been out of print for years, and has yet to be re-released. The songs from it did appear on "Garage Inc", but seeing as they are bonus tracks on that album, that doesn't really count.
17.03.2011 - 01:18
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Pretty wicked cover art.
...And that's all I have to say about that.
17.03.2011 - 01:29
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I really liked Brave New World (it is one of my favorite Maiden Albums) and I thought that Dance of Death had its moments (title track and No More Lies are my favorite songs out of it) but honestly they haven't really released that much good material to fill a double album.
----
17.03.2011 - 01:36
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Crap release.
17.03.2011 - 01:59
RavenKing

Exactly. This song sucks ass. But many other Maiden songs of the last 20 years suck ass too.

But, come on, it's Marcel's favorite song!
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
17.03.2011 - 02:06
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
$$$$$$$$
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.03.2011 - 03:03
Arcticus
Jesus, everyone's so freakin' bitter about maiden releasing another compilation - what do you expect after all these years? They're arguably the most popular metal band in the world, their record label isn't gonna just let that slide...It seems (at least to me) that the Maiden lads have a bit more integrity than to just go for a simple "cashgrab", otherwise they would just be trying to write the same stuff they did in the 80s - and we can certainly be sure they're not doing that. I put it down to the label, not the band - I imagine they would have to approve it, but they probably don't give it much thought. Now live albums, that's another matter entirely...I think if anything the band maybe gets overexcited and thinks they are doing the fans a favour by releasing a live album after every studio album, but who knows, maybe the trend will stop - anyway, people must be buying them, for them to keep doing it. (Not me!)
17.03.2011 - 05:45
SlaytanicGonzo
IMO all Best Of albums are unneccesarry. The songs were meant to be listened in a particular album, not a compilation of songs.
17.03.2011 - 06:46
stationarytravel
Account deleted
Come on guys! Instead of releasing another 100 best of albums with Trooper on it they're actually doing the right thing here. I've heard Trooper, Run To The Hills way too many times. The new stuff feels like a breath of fresh air sometimes. Definitely missing Dream of Mirrors and Journeyman though...
17.03.2011 - 11:38
Danyael
Written by Arcticus on 17.03.2011 at 03:03

Jesus, everyone's so freakin' bitter about maiden releasing another compilation - what do you expect after all these years? They're arguably the most popular metal band in the world, their record label isn't gonna just let that slide...It seems (at least to me) that the Maiden lads have a bit more integrity than to just go for a simple "cashgrab", otherwise they would just be trying to write the same stuff they did in the 80s - and we can certainly be sure they're not doing that. I put it down to the label, not the band - I imagine they would have to approve it, but they probably don't give it much thought. Now live albums, that's another matter entirely...I think if anything the band maybe gets overexcited and thinks they are doing the fans a favour by releasing a live album after every studio album, but who knows, maybe the trend will stop - anyway, people must be buying them, for them to keep doing it. (Not me!)

I actually agree with you. Things with metal industry are like they are, and the only way record labels can survive is by taking advantage of every bit of bands potential. That all doesn't necessarily mean that band itself is trying to get more money out of it. If world was ideal, the music would also be free, and there'd be far less of such unnecessary releases. Right now its better how it is then to have entire metal industry die out.
17.03.2011 - 11:54
arwestromen
Written by @gent_-_orange on 17.03.2011 at 00:48

Sad but true.... Maiden dont need to release this album at all.... its not like they need the money, this is just unneccesary and is making me lose respect for them more and more.

Or maby they do it because they will do a from fear to eternity tour in the future......like the somewhere back in time tour....you know...to complete the circle or something
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
17.03.2011 - 12:52
Legendary
I don't think it's really necessary for them to release a best-off album every 3 years or so, kind off feels like selling out. But on the other hand, it's you own decision to buy it. I'm definitively not going to. But if you really want another Maiden compilation album this is one had a pretty good songlist. Me I'd rather just make this play-list on my iPod and have the same effect?
----
And I like the way your lips turned legendary.
And I like the way the sun will come to light.
17.03.2011 - 17:41
Sword_Chant
Written by LeChron James on 17.03.2011 at 02:06

$$$$$$$$

+1
17.03.2011 - 19:40
Slayer666
Wow, Iron Maiden releasing a "Best of" compilation... I totally never saw this one coming.
17.03.2011 - 22:42
regmighty
It could be worst lol i am still going to buy it
18.03.2011 - 02:49
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Nice cover art

as for the playlist, there are more uninspired songs than good ones; Holy Smoke and Bring your daughter... are the worst songs on No Prayer...; on how many compilations is Fear of the dark? Enough is enough already; too many songs from Dance of death, surely Pashendale is amazing, but other than that, the songs listed here from that album are rather weak.

I can find more flaws to this compilation than good things.

Hits total: 4925 | This month: 6