Metal Storm logo
Bruce Dickinson - Barely Avoids The Aero Grand Prix Plane Crash

The singer of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden has a well-known interest in flying. Bruce Dickinson is an experienced pilot and he has flewn fans between different cities in big aircrafts.

At the competition Aero Grand Prix at Malta, the organizers had hired Dickinson to have his name on the posters. His mission was to comment the races when they were in progress in his own two-seated plane. Afterwards he was supposed to "spend some time with the fans", as the organizers have written on the homepage of the competition.

But instead of a spectacular show, Bruce Dickinson had to witness a tradegy when Eddie Goggins and Gabor Vargas collided with their planes. "His plane was just behind, he couldn't have been more than 50 meters away", says Matthew Mirabelli.

Bruce Dickinson wasn't hurt, despite the short distance to the accident.

Source: aftonbladet.se
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 12.09.2006 by Spyroid

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 15 users
12.09.2006 - 12:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Thank you Posseidon and Apollon Bruce isnt Icarus who fight whit Wax wings and seems ancient ġreek gods watching and listening music too and Cyrpus are part of ''Eliada''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.09.2006 - 12:40
Hyvaarin
God, that is the most misleading fucking new article title I have ever read .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
12.09.2006 - 12:53
Baz Anderson
staff
haha yes, you see "Bruce Dickinson" and "Plane Crash" and think 'oh no!!'
he's alright though so thats good
12.09.2006 - 13:01
Black_Handed
A village idiot
yeh that would be and incredible loss. maybe the best heavy metal singer.
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
12.09.2006 - 14:40
Valar
IndianSteel
fuck i was stunned for a moment....
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
12.09.2006 - 14:56
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I too was stunned for the moment when i saw the title... Lucky his alright though, but scary what he witnessed.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
12.09.2006 - 14:57
iaberis
Advice Troll
Me too! I thought he crashed! Missleading title...
----
Bitch! Please
12.09.2006 - 16:02
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
They have changed my title! I wrote "Bruce Dickinson witness plane crash" to avoid misleading. Maybe it wasn't the best but atleast it wasn't misleading.
Well, just don't blame me ^^
12.09.2006 - 16:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the media is all about "sensational" stories with misleading titles such as this one
12.09.2006 - 17:17
Ivan
Retired Admin
elite
Sorry guys, I honestly didn't even realize the title being misleading. I'll change it to something more appropriate now
12.09.2006 - 17:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Omg, better do.

It seems everyone only cares about Bruce.. How are the other two?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.09.2006 - 21:17
Baz Anderson
staff
haha yes!! thats what i was thinking!!
two poor men, have been killed (presumably) and all people care about is 'oh Bruce is alright...'
12.09.2006 - 22:04
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Yes, the two men in the plane that crashed died. At least one of them were Swedish.
13.09.2006 - 04:16
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
It says "Barely Avoids" lol, but is kinda worring when u read it anyways.
13.09.2006 - 05:06
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Lucas on 12.09.2006 at 17:44

Omg, better do.

It seems everyone only cares about Bruce.. How are the other two?

How many fans did these pilots have? Of course Bruce's fans care about him more, since we didn't even knew the other pilots! But it's a shame they got killed... Rest in peace dudes...
----
Bitch! Please
13.09.2006 - 18:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Yes, it is obvious I know. But it seems a total lack of respect IMO to all give our praise to someone who witnessed it, while their where two deaths..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.09.2006 - 19:24
RavenLord
Written by Lucas on 13.09.2006 at 18:51

Yes, it is obvious I know. But it seems a total lack of respect IMO to all give our praise to someone who witnessed it, while their where two deaths..

Well, to be fair, the main reason people would be coming to this article is because of Bruce. Still, that's very sad hearing about the two pilots who died...I offer my condolences to their families and friends.
----

Hits total: 3648 | This month: 13