Metal Storm logo
Masterplan

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 12.09.2006 - 16:18
German 'super group' formed with Roland and Uli from Helloween, Jan from Iron Savior and Jørn from Ark.
Since then they have made two albums and Jørn Lande has unfortunatly left the band.

We havent heard a lot from Masterplan since Jørn left, but recently they have announced they are going to tour with Saxon!
The dates are here:

http://www.master-plan.net/tour/tour.html

I will definatly see if I can get to one of them shows, I would be more hyped up about seeing Masterplan then Saxon.

It does make me wonder though, who their new singer will be, and if they will be able to fill the rather large boots of Jørn Lande. I really hope the new singer is a success and doesnt sound like some guy trying too hard to be Jørn.
It always gives me confidence thinking about things like Iron Maiden made two albums before Bruce was introduced to the band, maybe some guy will come along and be perfect for the job.

Both of their albums are brilliant, and always worth a listen. I dont know which I prefer.
'Masterplan' is probably more of a solid album in my opinion, but 'Aeronautics' has probably my favorite two Masterplan songs on it: 'Crimson Rider' and 'Black In The Burn'

I sure hope it will have been worth keeping them in my favorites slot all this time.
I look forward to hearing from everyone. Favorite album thoughts or thoughts on the replacement for Jørn - all Masterplan related comments are welcome.
16.01.2008 - 09:39
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
pretty decenct band but I wouldn't call them progressive really
17.01.2008 - 02:32
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 09:39

pretty decenct band but I wouldn't call them progressive really

they're not progressive, great power-metal though; I really enjoy those two albums that feature Jorn Lande on vocals.
05.07.2008 - 22:18
Anders Hansson
Account deleted
This powermetal band is soooooo damn good
07.07.2008 - 07:11
- DaN -
KaminarI
im listening this band now, and im not seeing nothing expecial in they, but like Anders Hansson said, they are good!
----
 [b][red]I just knell to god... and I'm not seeing him here. !!!
13.11.2008 - 13:39
Metalbound7

I love this band, great power metal songs whit a lot of feeling, good lyrics, exelent guitar work and the vocals are freakin awesome. i think Masterplan is a little underated. they sure know how to make a real Power Metal song
22.11.2008 - 18:08
Hybris

I love this band, I started listening Wounds, then Soulburn, Sail On, Headbanger's ballroom... wow, I discovered there was none I didn't like, so it's one of my favourite bands now, I hope they will go on tour soon ^^
----
Opening a new scar, closing the wounds with a knife
12.05.2009 - 18:34
MeloDeathViking

I discovered these guys a few months ago. Jorn Lande is definitly now one of my favorite singers. My favorite song is Black in the Burn, I think that's one of the best vocal performances I've heard in a long time. It's a shame Jorn left the band, I don't really like his solo albums, but he was obscenely good in Masterplan.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
12.05.2009 - 22:25
Zelse

Masterplan rules. Anybody who doesn't like Wounds is a dirty heathen.
21.04.2017 - 17:04
kukulkan666
Account deleted
Aeronautics is an amazing work.