Metal Storm logo
Saturnus - Update From The Band

Danish melodic doom metal band Saturnus have recently parted ways with Firebox Records and are currently seeking a new label home. The band has also added two new members, namely Henrik Glass on drums and Mattias Svensson as the band's new rhythm guitarist.

Vocalist Thomas A.G. Jensen commented as follows: "Saturnus has been through a major transition due to a necessary line-up change arising from different views on how things needed to be run. This put the brakes on the bands progression for so long that eventually something had to break or otherwise we would inevitably have split up. We love playing live whenever we can and right now we want to do it more than ever to follow on and raise our profile once again to echo the success of our last album, Veronica Decides To Die, and previous efforts.

The new line-up is just perfect. All the things I have been looking for in musicians has been delivered perfectly; the creativity, the lust for playing live, the understanding of the universe of Saturnus and the way to compose is just perfect. I could not wish for better.

Leaving Firebox Records was necessary for Saturnus and even with one contractual album left to be fulfilled, both parties amicably
decided to annul the contract we had and go our separate ways. So now the future lies open for Saturnus. We need a record label to fully get the ship back out to sea again, and believe me we are hungry like never before."

Between October 2010 and February 2011, Saturnus completed a four-song demo containing the tracks "The Litany Of Rain", "A Father's Providence", "Wind Torn" and "Between" (working title). The recording was mixed and mastered by Flemming Rasmussen (Metallica, Morbid Angel, Blind Guardian).

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Saturnus
Posted: 22.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 99 users
22.03.2011 - 12:35
MechanisT
Account deleted
I hope their next album sounds like "Martyre", didn't like "Veronika Decides To Die" that much...
22.03.2011 - 16:47
Abattoir

Nice to hear some fresh news...though I wonder when and where this new demo will be available to get it
23.03.2011 - 05:04
Asunder

Written by Guest on 22.03.2011 at 12:35

I hope their next album sounds like "Martyre", didn't like "Veronika Decides To Die" that much...
23.03.2011 - 08:50
InnerSelf
proofread free
I hope that finding a label does not take much time , since I can't wait the new album much longer
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
23.03.2011 - 15:10
MaenKanaan

We have waited a long time, we are hungry for Your Songs
Hail From Syria
23.03.2011 - 16:11
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Wish the best luck for them finding a new label. I'm anxiously waiting for the new album.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
25.03.2011 - 02:47
Enissa

Ok, but its about time they release another album...
25.03.2011 - 03:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Enissa on 25.03.2011 at 02:47

Ok, but its about time they release another album...

Agreed. I have yet to be disappointed with a single release, and I'm hoping their next effort continues that trend.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.04.2011 - 14:06
InnerSelf
proofread free
Two new songs performed live

----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.

Hits total: 5098 | This month: 3