Metal Storm logo
Onslaught - Drummer Leaves The Band

Original Onslaught drummer Steve Grice is leaving the band.

Grice released the following statement to Blabbermouth: "With great reluctance and sadness, I must announce that I am no longer prepared to fulfill the role of drummer for Onslaught, the band that I helped found in 1983, and which I brought back together in 2005. This has been a very difficult and painful decision to make, and follows a series of events that, in my opinion, have seen the recurrence of old patterns of behavior that fuelled the band's original demise in 1991.

This culmination of occurrences came to a head when I learned through a third party that the band had booked a series of shows without my knowledge, and with the intention of using another drummer, during a period of time reserved for family commitments. Be very clear ? the temporary use of another drummer does not present me with a problem. My issue is with the fact that at no point did anyone from the band let me know that these decisions had been made.

Again in my opinion, there is a considerable gap between certain parties' view of Onslaught and the truth in terms of album sales and concert attendances. My reality, that of a father of two approaching 50, was simply incompatible with this alternate world view.

My heartfelt thanks go out to all those I have met in my professional and personal lives over the last six years. Your love and kindness has been appreciated more than you could ever know. I have no immediate plans to remain in the music industry ? my focus now returns to my marketing business and my family, who have been a constant source of support through the good times and the bad."

UPDATE

Onslaught have recruited Michael Hourihan (ex-Extreme Noise Terror, Desecration) to play the drums during their Scream For Violence Tour starting on March 31th in Hamburg, Germany.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Onslaught
Posted: 25.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 19 users
26.03.2011 - 16:28
Huntteri

Well at least no one died this time
01.04.2011 - 09:32
Bitch Boy

Written by Huntteri on 26.03.2011 at 16:28

Well at least no one died this time

Yeah, and there were no Australian spider bites or kidney stones or that kind of stuff

Hits total: 3517 | This month: 5