Metal Storm logo
Human Sexuality, lets......"explore".

Original post

Posted by Yasmine, 28.03.2011 - 01:51
Alrighty, my first topic.......

Lets discuss human sexuality encompassing all sexualities and your roles in our/your culture, etc etc.

Recently I've done this. http://garote.bdmonkeys.net/bsri.html
81fem, 50mas, 66A

So, the first questions here should be, what makes someone masculine or feminine, or quite possibly........neither?
2ndly "The concept of psychological androgyny implies that it is possible for an individual to be both compassionate and assertive, both expressive and instrumental, both feminine and masculine, depending upon the situational appropriateness of these various modalities"

Do you agree with those clauses?
31.03.2011 - 18:49
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Yasmine on 31.03.2011 at 18:39

Written by Himann on 31.03.2011 at 15:39

Written by Yasmine on 31.03.2011 at 15:11

Written by Himann on 31.03.2011 at 13:08

Is it good to be a situationalist?

YES, we survive as a spieces by adapting.

In some ways I think adapting too much is also a bad thing. After a while you find that there are many sides to yourself as you behave differently in different situations. When it comes to relationships, the person you're going out with only ends up seeing some sides.

Yes, but remember that's not just you. That's everyone, everyone has secrets. I know I've had a ......well really really really big one until 2 years ago in my life that only my friends knew. However adapting helps us cope, keeping us mentally healthy.

Ah, thought I was more or less alone in that lol. Its not so much about having secrets though. Its just different sides to a personality. I dont mind showing these different sides but they tend to appear in specific circumstances where I adampt to the specific situation. I would like the girl I'm going out with to see all sides of who I am. Its a bit complex I guess.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
31.03.2011 - 18:57
Yasmine
Written by Himann on 31.03.2011 at 18:49

Written by Yasmine on 31.03.2011 at 18:39

Written by Himann on 31.03.2011 at 15:39

Written by Yasmine on 31.03.2011 at 15:11

Written by Himann on 31.03.2011 at 13:08

Is it good to be a situationalist?

YES, we survive as a spieces by adapting.

In some ways I think adapting too much is also a bad thing. After a while you find that there are many sides to yourself as you behave differently in different situations. When it comes to relationships, the person you're going out with only ends up seeing some sides.

Yes, but remember that's not just you. That's everyone, everyone has secrets. I know I've had a ......well really really really big one until 2 years ago in my life that only my friends knew. However adapting helps us cope, keeping us mentally healthy.

Ah, thought I was more or less alone in that lol. Its not so much about having secrets though. Its just different sides to a personality. I dont mind showing these different sides but they tend to appear in specific circumstances where I adampt to the specific situation. I would like the girl I'm going out with to see all sides of who I am. Its a bit complex I guess.

Ah no but a lot of guys are like that, if nothing more that they'd never be romantic in front of other males. Though I don't have many sides, what I do with the BF everyone see, and he sees what I do with my pals. So mine was just a secret I had to keep until I could escape my parents all seeing eye. lol
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
05.04.2011 - 02:04
Nexus
Asshat
You scored 66.667 out of 100 masculine points
56.667 out of 100 feminine points
and 61.667 out of 100 androgynous (neutral) points.

I can see that ... I think?
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
05.04.2011 - 03:46
ANGEL REAPER
I believe this test weren't made for metalheads in first place.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
05.04.2011 - 05:04
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Hey 82.5 for me. Sounds about right. I hate internet tests.
05.04.2011 - 11:29
torwar
54.167 out of 100 masculine points
56.667 out of 100 feminine points
60 out of 100 androgynous (neutral) points

at least more than 50% in all "areas"....now I'm gonna try to get my girlfriend to fill out this "survey"
05.04.2011 - 17:41
Thrashette
57.5 out of 100 masculine points
60.833 out of 100 feminine points
56.667 out of 100 androgynous (neutral) points

I can see that.... I just be myself and don't believe in following gender roles, which I'm assuming this test was based on. There are very few things that enrage me more than sexism and being expected to follow traditional gender roles.
The academic program I originally chose (I'm probably switching my major and school this fall) was a very male-dominated one, so a lot of people thought me and the other girls in our class or similar ones were masculine. It pisses us off and some really do feel that they are victims of sexism, especially with some of the shit happening around here lately...
05.04.2011 - 17:58
Yasmine
Written by Thrashette on 05.04.2011 at 17:41

57.5 out of 100 masculine points
60.833 out of 100 feminine points
56.667 out of 100 androgynous (neutral) points

I can see that.... I just be myself and don't believe in following gender roles, which I'm assuming this test was based on. There are very few things that enrage me more than sexism and being expected to follow traditional gender roles.
The academic program I originally chose (I'm probably switching my major and school this fall) was a very male-dominated one, so a lot of people thought me and the other girls in our class or similar ones were masculine. It pisses us off and some really do feel that they are victims of sexism, especially with some of the shit happening around here lately...

Trust me I understand the feeling I get a lot of gasps :O when I tell people that I'm a transgender. Blah blah.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
09.04.2011 - 01:01
ANGEL REAPER
I have a theory:
Metal is mostly more "manly" genre of music,wright?
So ,we,people who enjoy this music,both male and female are a bit harsher than people not used to this kind of music?
and because we are all had a bit more "extreme" approach to life,wright?
so if we all take test,made for "average" people,wouldn't we all score more masculine points?
Ok its just a theory.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
09.04.2011 - 22:10
Yasmine
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 09.04.2011 at 01:01

I have a theory:
So ,we,people who enjoy this music,both male and female are a bit harsher than people not used to this kind of music?
so if we all take test,made for "average" people,wouldn't we all score more masculine points?

I wouldn't say that, a lot of the men here had very high andro scores. Metal only gives the outward harsh appearance. When passing by a few metalheads on the street we can't truely know if they're that way mentally or not. I don't appear harsh, etc at all really. I'd actually think the type that would be the most traditional of gender roles would be the Southern US(NOT assuming anything about ANYONE on these forums).
----
09.04.2011 - 22:16
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yasmine on 09.04.2011 at 22:10

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 09.04.2011 at 01:01

I have a theory:

I wouldn't say that, a lot of the men here had very high andro scores. Metal only gives the outward harsh appearance. When passing by a few metalheads on the street we can't truely know if they're that way mentally or not. I don't appear harsh, etc at all really. I'd actually think the type that would be the most traditional of gender roles would be the Southern US(NOT assuming anything about ANYONE on these forums).

Its like i said its just a theory it might be wrong.....
About gender roles.....Its same here....especially on south Serbia ....(oh man that south is everywhere.... )
----
09.04.2011 - 22:23
Yasmine
Haha, well lucky for me I was born far up north and most people I come across had no problem with me when I was in transition.
----
09.04.2011 - 22:39
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yasmine on 09.04.2011 at 22:23

Haha, well lucky for me I was born far up north and most people I come across had no problem with me when I was in transition.

no ,i meant people here on south are just more "manly"...(ok that sounded awkward...),as the everything else they are good people....
----
09.04.2011 - 22:49
Yasmine
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 09.04.2011 at 22:39

Written by Yasmine on 09.04.2011 at 22:23

no ,i meant people here on south are just more "manly"...(ok that sounded awkward...),as the everything else they are good people....

oh I didn't mean that that way though when I said the southern US. I meant they see gender roles as more black & white, that doesn't make them more manily at all.
----
09.04.2011 - 22:52
ANGEL REAPER
Ok...my mistake....I agree with you...
----