Metal Storm logo
Converge

Original post

Posted by , 13.09.2006 - 08:32
i've only Talked to one other person on here that we're into these guys...so i'm curious to know who else here is a fan...anyways Converge is My Favorite Band...They Have to be one of The Most Unique and Creative Punk/Metal bands within the last 13 years...not to Mention Singer Jacob Bannon does all the Converge album art and runs Deathwish inc and does all the album art for the deathwish roster as well,so come here if you wanna shoot the shit about any your' favorite album/song...Jacob bannon's art,their upcoming album,..everything Converge Nukka!
21.01.2007 - 02:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Blabbermouth just reported that Relapse Records is re-releasing the Converge/Agoraphobic Nosebleed split album, The Poacher Diaries, on January 23. It will be remastered and will include 14 tracks- 9 by Agoraphobic Nosebleed and 5 by Converge. From what I understand, the production quality was originally super crusty, so hopefully Brett Hull and his guys can work magic. I don't really like Agoraphobic Nosebleed, but it should be interesting to hear how they sounded way back then. If I were to buy this, it would only be for Converge.
22.01.2007 - 22:13
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
i like both bands...and i'm super stoked about this release....i liked the old crusty sound of this album...so i hope they dont over-do it like Converge's "Petitioning the empty sky".PTES was good remastered,however the alot of the rawness was taken away...either way...it will be interesting to hear "hey stretch on for Miles" remastered
22.01.2007 - 23:04
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i heard about the agoraphobic nosebleed split being reissued. You can still get it new so i presume they're doing something dramatic with the remastering.

No Heroes has grown on me but i'm still a bit dissapointed by it. It seems like an attempt to make 'Jane Doe 2' rather than make a new album altogether and though it's still very good, i'd rather have seen them progress furthur with the 'You Fail Me' style.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
22.01.2007 - 23:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I dunno, I didn't really care for You Fail Me because I felt it was too depressive. I prefer the more speedy approach they had in their previous albums, so I was glad they sped up their newest album.

Almost every time I put in a Converge album, I end up turning it off and putting in Petitioning the Empty Sky for some reason. I mean, all of their albums are great, but PTES just blows me away every time I listen to it.

Oh btw, a while ago I was trying to figure out who stole Converge's riff on the first track of PTES, and I finally found out that it was Gorerotted who "borrowed" it. I don't blame them...it's a great riff. It's the riff right before the guitar solo.
22.01.2007 - 23:48
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 22.01.2007 at 23:04

i heard about the agoraphobic nosebleed split being reissued. You can still get it new so i presume they're doing something dramatic with the remastering.

No Heroes has grown on me but i'm still a bit dissapointed by it. It seems like an attempt to make 'Jane Doe 2' rather than make a new album altogether and though it's still very good, i'd rather have seen them progress furthur with the 'You Fail Me' style.

yeah..i couldnt agree more....No Heroes is Great....but they tried cloning Jane Doe....you see,when You Fail me was released...everyone was complaining because it was different from Jane doe....and thats what i like about You Fail me....is the sludgyness and crust to it....anyways...i think they wanted to please their fans and make another jane doe album....its great...but they should've made a album on their own terms instead of listening to all those retards in girl pants that want all of converge's material to sound like Jane doe

and Pyroleprechaun,...You Fail me is an aquired taste....if you let it grow on you...you'll soon realize its among their best work aside from Poacher diaries...and PTES is amazing,epecially the song "color me blood red"
23.01.2007 - 00:38
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Even the packaging of the new album reflects the backtracking they have done. It's almost identical to the Jane Doe packaging. It seems that they want to make it clear that they have regressed. I've lost some respect for converge for paying attention to what "the scene" thinks is cool.

I just like complaining though. No Heroes is a fantastic album.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.03.2007 - 03:26
Sonic MrSumo

Am seeing Converge on 22/03/2007 for $30AU. That's about the price of a CD in Australia. Can't wait!

Am listening to PTES at the mo. So farking good and raw!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
22.03.2007 - 16:11
Sonic MrSumo

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 12.03.2007 at 03:26

Am seeing Converge on 22/03/2007 for $30AU. That's about the price of a CD in Australia. Can't wait!

Am listening to PTES at the mo. So farking good and raw!

Okay, I've just come back from seeing Converge at Sydney Uni....and WOW! An amazing conecert. I've never seen a concert with so much energy. They truley are seasoned professionals!

Given the speed of their studio albums, I didn't think they'd be able to re-create this in a live environment. But they did. They hit everything as it should be hit. The drummer and lead guitarist were just exceptional!

If Converge come to a town or city near you, I strongly recommend you see them.

Oh, and also, the Aussie support band '4 Dead' were very good. Similar to Converge, but not as tight. Oh, and way too fucking loud!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
24.04.2007 - 07:30
Raptus666

I have listened 'No Heroes' somewhat and I wasn't for me I think vocals are bit too HC for me.
25.01.2008 - 07:09
deadset61
Account deleted
I just found this band not to long ago and i havent found a release that was bad yet.
05.02.2008 - 18:45
stigma77
Account deleted
Fav album must be Jane Doe
01.07.2008 - 00:43
rebelos
Account deleted
most extreme band ever imo
more extreme than raw black metal
can't describe their music :S
it's like taking a knife and opening your veins with it!!!
01.07.2008 - 00:46
dehydration
Account deleted
Quite a good band, my favourite song is Fault and Fracture. The drumming is awesome.
12.07.2008 - 19:41
Candlemass
Defaeco
I really could not connect to them...
Too corish for me.
27.08.2008 - 00:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm glad to say that You Fail Me has really grown on me. I put it aside for a while and now I'm playing it again and I'm fucking loving it. Hopefully their next album comes out soon.

Petitioning the Empty Sky is still my favorite, with Jane Doe being a close second.
27.08.2008 - 00:26
Rémi
Account deleted
Amazing band, the last album was a real good surprise I like You Fail Me but No Heroes owned totally. I also think that Jane Doe & Petitioning The Empty Sky are the best ones though.
29.08.2008 - 10:58
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Gotta love Converge, they're still the best at what they do. Still haven't explored them fully, only really know Jane Doe and No Heroes. Often emulated, never bettered. Actually the only bands of similar style that I like as much are Old Man Gloom and Knut, even if they are a more sludgey version of.
16.01.2009 - 00:50
Ieag
Account deleted
Haven't really checked into the band, but they surely pulled it off at Metaltown 2008, Gothenburg! Great show!
19.08.2009 - 11:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Anyone looking forward to the new Converge? I just read that all of the members from Cave In will be on it

I don't care too much for No Heroes (should probably refresh my memory with it though), but my expectations for the new one are very high

The new song, Dark Horse, is damn good
26.10.2009 - 09:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
New Converge is really good - much better than No Heroes. Axe to Fall is energetic as fuck, plus it's more varied with some progressive elements added and it has a more organic feel than their last album. One of the best releases of 2009 for sure
31.10.2009 - 19:38
Deadsoulman

Written by Dangerboner on 26.10.2009 at 09:41

New Converge is really good - much better than No Heroes. Axe to Fall is energetic as fuck, plus it's more varied with some progressive elements added and it has a more organic feel than their last album. One of the best releases of 2009 for sure

One of the best indeed, and way better than No Heroes, as you said. I like how they included all these funny southern-sounding solos, they sometimes reminded me of Clutch and stuff like that lol. Oh, and I think this is the best vocal performance I've ever heard on a Converge album.
02.11.2009 - 07:57
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah, the overly-layered vocals has always annoyed me and the more natural sounding screaming was immediately noticed this time around. good stuff
14.11.2009 - 18:25
Elio
Red Nightmare
Axe to Fall is a great album, I guess it is my second favorite by them after the masterpiece Jane Doe. Gratz, Converge, after the so-and-so No Heroes, you proved you can still do awesome stuff.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.11.2009 - 08:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Elio on 14.11.2009 at 18:25

Axe to Fall is a great album, I guess it is my second favorite by them after the masterpiece Jane Doe. Gratz, Converge, after the so-and-so No Heroes, you proved you can still do awesome stuff.

Have you heard Petitioning the Empty Sky? Sorry if I sound repetitive but that album makes me jizz in my pants

I wonder why this thread is so dead. I guess Converge is too ballsy and extreme for most metalcore fans, and too "-core" for traditional metal fans Shame
16.11.2009 - 12:23
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Dangerboner on 16.11.2009 at 08:03

Written by Elio on 14.11.2009 at 18:25

Have you heard Petitioning the Empty Sky? Sorry if I sound repetitive but that album makes me jizz in my pants

I wonder why this thread is so dead. I guess Converge is too ballsy and extreme for most metalcore fans, and too "-core" for traditional metal fans Shame

Umm no dude, I've only heard Jane Doe and its following ones, but if you say it's THAT good, I'd better get it soon.

Really I dunno, Converge are one of the very best metal bands IMO, but the fact that they are a metalcore band keep the "true metalheads" away from this band.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.11.2009 - 13:42
Deadsoulman

Yeah, Petitioning The Empty Sky is my favourite with Jane Doe, it's ridiculously intense. I think their only not so good album is No Heroes anyway.
15.02.2010 - 06:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Thanks to collin going on and on about "Axe to Fall", i picked it up. i like it. the vocals are not exactly to my liking - they get grating after a while (just my opinion) - but the combination of musical execution coupled with production really helped out. the opening track just rips... the intensity and urgency... pulled me in instantly.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.02.2010 - 12:55
Deadsoulman

Written by BitterCOld on 15.02.2010 at 06:28

Thanks to collin going on and on about "Axe to Fall", i picked it up. i like it. the vocals are not exactly to my liking - they get grating after a while (just my opinion) - but the combination of musical execution coupled with production really helped out. the opening track just rips... the intensity and urgency... pulled me in instantly.

I was wondering if you noticed the presence of Steve Von Till on Cruel Bloom?
The two quiet closing tracks really put this album on another level in my opinion. I actually think Axe To Fall has one of the best opening / closing of an album that I've ever heard.
19.02.2010 - 18:59
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Deadsoulman on 19.02.2010 at 12:55

I was wondering if you noticed the presence of Steve Von Till on Cruel Bloom?
The two quiet closing tracks really put this album on another level in my opinion. I actually think Axe To Fall has one of the best opening / closing of an album that I've ever heard.

agree in regards to the opening and closers, "Dark Horse" grabs the listener by the short curlies, and i like the way they kinda counter the pent-up fury and angry of the album.

SVT's work was fantastic as well. fit the track wonderfully.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.10.2012 - 21:26
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
New album is up for streaming
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here