Metal Storm logo
Old Silver Key - New Band Feat. Drudkh, Alcest Members

Season of Mist is proud to announce the signing of Old Silver Key, a brand-new band born from the hyperactive mind of Drudkh mainman Roman Saenko.

Old Silver Key consists of the four Drudkh members plus French artist Neige (Alcest, Amesoeurs, Peste Noire) on vocals.

The aim of this new project is to create nostalgic, romantic and light atmosphere of solitude, beholding, childhood and warmth. The first album is already in recording process.

At the same time, the next Drudkh album is to be recorded this spring/summer. This ninth full-length will mark a return to the band's roots - long songs full of dark emotions and atmosphere of seasons change, close to the Ukrainians' early albums.

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Drudkh
Posted: 02.04.2011 by Array

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 172 users
02.04.2011 - 16:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Quote:
The aim of this new project is to create nostalgic, romantic and light atmosphere of solitude, beholding, childhood and warmth.

Sounds pretty gay to me but I'm still very intrigued.
02.04.2011 - 16:11
Kuroboshi

Awesome news!! Love both bands, so this is bound to be epic win.
02.04.2011 - 16:19
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 02.04.2011 at 16:03

Quote:
The aim of this new project is to create nostalgic, romantic and light atmosphere of solitude, beholding, childhood and warmth.

hahahahahaha , to me it sounded like ,and I am quoting Neige, "Oh god I only have 10 projects which sound almost exactly like Alcest , why not another one to tell the world about my childhood dreams"
I wish that it will not sounds like another Neige album "which is not bad for me at all" since the guys from Drudkh are involved
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
02.04.2011 - 16:22
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
This IS interesting.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
02.04.2011 - 16:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by InnerSelf on 02.04.2011 at 16:19

Quote:

hahahahahaha , to me it sounded like ,and I am quoting Neige, "Oh god I only have 10 projects which sound almost exactly like Alcest , why not another one to tell the world about my childhood dreams"
I wish that it will not sounds like another Neige album "which is not bad for me at all" since the guys from Drudkh are involved

Haha yep, Neige really needs to stop putting himself about like thinly spread butter. Or maybe do a crustgrind band or something.
02.04.2011 - 16:31
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 02.04.2011 at 16:23

Haha yep, Neige really needs to stop putting himself about like thinly spread butter. Or maybe do a crustgrind band or something.

----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
02.04.2011 - 17:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Cool beans.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.04.2011 - 19:34
Zuzuz0r

I read about this some few days ago, but I thought it was some kind of trolling, so I wasn't sure, but now that I see it here, I guess it isn't a trolling after all. I'm quite interested in this, but, as much as I love Neige and Drudkh, I wouldn't want it to be a remake of Alcest, I just want something.....different.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
02.04.2011 - 22:59
shadowdragonfly1

Sounds interesting, the bad part is that Neige's projects end up with the same feeling and atmosphere, its getting old by now...
03.04.2011 - 01:19
nilzardo
Account deleted
I would be happy with much more stuff from Neige. People who think that Neige is putting out too much stuff or that his themes and ideologies are "gay" should go back to their unoriginal lame super manly we-all-sound-the-same-metulz bands and piss off. I'd love a crustgrind project though.
03.04.2011 - 05:40
Kenos
Account deleted
I knew this was going to happen...
03.04.2011 - 18:49
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Written by Guest on 02.04.2011 at 16:23

Written by InnerSelf on 02.04.2011 at 16:19

Quote:

Maybe really take a risk: how about a country and western album? Hey dudes with cowboy hats can still make music about 'romantic solitude/furious masturbation/what ever all that gay shit means.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
03.04.2011 - 19:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
That is the gayest description I've ever heard.

will still listen though

edit: damn, JOOE beat me to it
03.04.2011 - 21:50
Mikyz

Quote:

Not really, it sounds like its going to be in the vein of Alcest's Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde, which had the same idea of out of this world dreamy and warm overall atmosphere. I'm looking forward to this.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
04.04.2011 - 21:42
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
It should be interesting, but that's not enough, let's see if this is just a side project, or it's really something.
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
05.04.2011 - 19:53
rekkuza-

Looking forward to this... ^^
----
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it- Oscar Wilde
25.04.2011 - 22:59
Valddan

If Neige has a hand on this project, then its good.
26.04.2011 - 01:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Valddan on 25.04.2011 at 22:59

Thoughts like that lead to fanboyism. Just a minor warning for you.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.04.2011 - 05:14
drudkhsheepdawg

At the same time, the next Drudkh album is to be recorded this spring/summer. This ninth full-length will mark a return to the band's roots - long songs full of dark emotions and atmosphere of seasons change, close to the Ukrainians' early albums.

I need some pasta
18.05.2011 - 17:24
Valddan

Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.04.2011 at 01:17

Written by Valddan on 25.04.2011 at 22:59

Thoughts like that lead to fanboyism. Just a minor warning for you.

I said that based on ALL Neige's projects (or at least with his participation) that I heard so far.

Alcest, Amesoeurs, Lantlôs, Pest Noire, Mortifera, ... I like all that music. So, I don't have any reason (so far) that says that I won't like this project.

If something "goes wrong" I will be the first to say it. No worries about that.

Also, I don't like fanboys either.
21.07.2011 - 21:08
Ahmad

A new song is up on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFr8nU3sak
07.08.2011 - 02:44
Mikyz

Written by Ahmad on 21.07.2011 at 21:08

A new song is up on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFr8nU3sak

It sounds great! Much better than anything on the last Drudkh album, looking forward to the release of this album along with Alcest's new output.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
07.08.2011 - 03:24
Zuzuz0r

Kinda sounds like Katatonia.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.

Hits total: 7404 | This month: 3