Metal Storm logo
Is there any bands named after or does songs about epic fantasy

02.04.2011 - 23:56
Rog-Mothoth

As we all know there are about a million bands that are name after and or use lyrical insperation from "The Lord of the Rings" and other J.R.R.Tolkin books.
But after listening to Blind Guardian's songs relating to the "Wheel of Time" and "A Song of Ice and Fire" series', i was wondering if any of you might know about bands that take there names or use lyrical insperation from these books or other epic fantasy series'?
----
Written by Guest on 25.08.2011 at 06:44

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.08.2011 at 01:04

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN.

... I can hear your prog boners from here. D:<

Liar... Everyone knows the only way to sense a boner is by smell D:<
03.04.2011 - 00:13
Kriegsphilosoph
Account deleted
Nile and Septicflesh, using inspiration from the works of H.P. Lovecraft.

03.04.2011 - 00:26
Rog-Mothoth

I knew about H.P Lovecraft and his works and insperation on metal but thanks
I was thinking more along the lines of Wheel of Time by Robert Jordon and A Song of Ice and Fire by G.R.R. Martin inspired but again thanks
----

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN.

03.04.2011 - 01:26
Kratos

Their are songs based on some epic poems like Iced Earths "Dantes Inferno" and Symphony X's "Odyssey" and "Paradise Lost". I'll come back when I think of more hope that helps at all.
03.04.2011 - 02:17
Rog-Mothoth

Thanks i havent heard those bands renditions ov those classics but i will say and be proud to say that i have read "the divine comady" ALL the way through
----

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN.

03.04.2011 - 13:45
Vombatus
Potorro
Well, early Bolt Thrower has warhammer 40k references and I'm pretty sure Anaal Nathrakh's Hell is Empty... is also related to that universe (even if you'll never get the lyrics )
28.08.2012 - 06:33
LewsTherin

Blind Guardian is a library of music upon fantasy.

Pair him up with Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth, you have some of the best heavy metal with fantasy lryics.

Demons and Wizards FTW
Jon is a rhythm master
Hansi Is a poet.
01.09.2012 - 23:43
Patrick.

Rhapsody Of Fire immediately comes to mind when mentioning fantasy. All their albums are supposedly connected in the same universe(?). Though it is an original story created by them and spanning numerous albums, it probably draws (borrows?) heavy inspiration from books and series.
Another band is Domine from Italy. I believe they're very inspired by the "Elric Of Melinbone" series.
Bob Catley's solo album "Middle Earth" is inspired by the writings of Tolkien.
02.09.2012 - 12:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
When you mentioned Rhapsody, first two albums by Avantasia, before this band turned into quality but empty showcase of european power metal musicians, are concept ones telling the story about the holy church and a fantasy realm Avantasia...i never really got the whole plot, but it is awesome music

another project like this, yet worse and less successful, would be Aina
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep