Metal Storm logo
U.D.O. - New Video Online

"Leatherhead", the new video from German heavy metal band U.D.O., can now be watched below.

The clip was shot last month in Nürnberg, Germany.

"Leatherhead" comes off the band's upcoming new album Rev-Raptor, which will be released on May 20th through AFM Records.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: U.D.O.
Posted: 03.04.2011 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 62 users
03.04.2011 - 12:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hmm... the song is pretty good! Great to see Udo back. xD
03.04.2011 - 15:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.04.2011 at 12:54

Hmm... the song is pretty good! Great to see Udo back. xD

IMO weekest of all his songs ever
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.04.2011 - 15:29
Metal Invader

Its in the rank of new Hammerfall song imo..just a little bit boring!
03.04.2011 - 18:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Uninspired.. like i said in the other thread, from his last album Dominator and The Bogeyman were far better as singles, this one is an obvious drop in quality. i noticed that UDO is definitely a band which places emphasis on creating extremely good singular tracks, as opposed to whole albums, and it's been working for quite a while, it seems this one doesn't do the job as well.

also, what is a bit sad is that Udo looks way too old in this video, even for 59 years age as opposed to his former colleagues in Accept.
03.04.2011 - 18:32
RavenKing

Let's just say it's surely not a song like this one that will change the utterly negative opinion I have about 'grandfather Metal'.
We should vote a law for mandatory retirement once metal artists reach 50.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
03.04.2011 - 20:32
Sasha Batrakov
Account deleted
Awesome song
03.04.2011 - 20:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 03.04.2011 at 18:32

Let's just say it's surely not a song like this one that will change the utterly negative opinion I have about 'grandfather Metal'.
We should vote a law for mandatory retirement once metal artists reach 50.

@: "grandfather metal".

I can't agree with you here, but your post made me smile at least. lol xD
03.04.2011 - 21:50
LoudBoy26

GREAT STUFF -You People Ain't Getting It! Listen To It Til You Do
03.04.2011 - 22:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 03.04.2011 at 18:16

Uninspired.. like i said in the other thread, from his last album Dominator and The Bogeyman were far better as singles, this one is an obvious drop in quality. i noticed that UDO is definitely a band which places emphasis on creating extremely good singular tracks, as opposed to whole albums, and it's been working for quite a while, it seems this one doesn't do the job as well.

also, what is a bit sad is that Udo looks way too old in this video, even for 59 years age as opposed to his former colleagues in Accept.

I would agree that "The Bogeyman" was a better single, as was the amazing "The Wrong Side Of Midnight" which was the single from the album before that, "Mastercutor". I like "Leatherhead" though, its a good song, if not quite up there with the aforementioned singles.

Yep, he does look older than his former Accept collegues, plus they've released a great new album, which I highly doubt UDO's newie will match, but I'm still looking forward to hearing it anyways. lol
04.04.2011 - 18:25
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.04.2011 at 22:09

Yep, he does look older than his former Accept collegues, plus they've released a great new album, which I highly doubt UDO's newie will match, but I'm still looking forward to hearing it anyways. lol

i think Accept's new album simply blasted the door wide open for old school heavy metal, there have been some good albums released in this genre in the past few years and some bad ones but that one is definitely the crowning achievement, and i doubt any band will come close to it in the next few months or years. it will be interesting to hear Priest's new album but my hopes aren't set too high. meanwhile Accept's last album has so much kickass material it's definitely one you can revisit a whole bunch of times and discover new stuff in. i heard in an interview with Mark that they wrote something like 40 songs for the album... it's a fucking creative killing spree, with the dead being the people who thought Accept was finished.

as for U.D.O., i don't expect this to be anything mindblowing or revolutionary, their whole discography is simply beaten by Accept's(which beats most other bands but that's another story ), and they play pretty much the same music but with more consistency in good tracks. now don't get me wrong some of the UDO material is absolutely badass as hell(Vendetta, Thunderball, Independence Day, Trainride in Russia) but notice i'm only mentioning songs here, not full albums. worse than that, i think he is getting fucked up the ass by the record label. when i was at Wacken, Promonex was at a press conference with U.D.O. and said that when someone asked them about Accept's reunion some guy took the mic and said some arrogant shit like 'mr Udo doesn't care about that because his album is much better blah blah' when in fact he probably just wants to do his thing and let Accept do their thing and get the fuck on with his carreer. the last band to play was UDO and they played on that same night Promonex told me about this story, and out of 12 tracks, 5 were written with or by Accept. i still get a bit giggly by the fact i've seen both UDO and WASP on the same day in the most epic setting possible

i kinda feel sorry for the guy, he looks even older than he actually is, he used to be a brilliant vocalist, the guitarist in the band probably writes most of the kickass riffs, and now the record label tries to make him look like he wants to sever all ties to his former bandmates and friends ''in pursuit of his legendary solo carreer which has taken him to new creative and financial heights, thus proving once and for all that he is one of metal's household names blahblahblahthisistheceospeakingbuythenewalbumrightnowyoufuckingretardedzombiesblahblahblah''.
05.04.2011 - 14:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 04.04.2011 at 18:25
i think Accept's new album...

It's amazing how many people, who thought there was no way Accept could continue without Udo, ended up eating their words when they heard the new album. I myself, was certainly surprised by the quality of the album. As for new Priest material, I think as long as the stick to their strengths, and don't try to do another "Nostradamus", then Im fairly hopeful they can put out another good album. lol

I havn't heard U.D.O.'s whole discography, so I can't really say I agree with you or not, as regards to the overall quality of his solo work. I have heard a lot of it though, and there are a good few dull, and generic tracks by them. Though their great songs like "Timebomb", "Freelance Man" and "Break The Rules" are really awesome. Though it is telling, that so many songs in their live set are Accept songs. lol

It is a shame what his label seem to be doing to him. He is one of metal's household names, but that is only because of what he did with Accept, and there's no way he'd be as well known and regarded if it hadnt been for that band... it sucks.

Hits total: 3059 | This month: 4