Metal Storm logo
Review rules

03.04.2011 - 19:58
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Alright, well I want to right a guest review for Clawfinger's debut album, "Deaf Dumb and Blind", I noticed one of the rules states that slurs (racial or otherwise) will never be tolerated and result in a ban. The band is very anti-racist, but at the same time they like to have controversial song titles, their most (in)famous is the first track of their debut, which is titled the N-word (but actually that word).

I'd assume that it won't be a problem for me mention said track by it's proper title, but I'd just want to make sure to avoid any troubles. Is it fine to make an exception to the rule regarding racial slurs, just as long as the word is not being used in an offensive matter?
03.04.2011 - 20:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Of course it's no problem mentioning said track by it's proper title, since that is the title of the track.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.04.2011 - 23:51
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
The rule is that these words cannot be used as slurs, but if they are used in an obviously non-offensive context, we have nothing against that.
04.04.2011 - 10:54
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Yes, I thought as much. I just thought I might just want to make sure. Better safe than sorry.