06. Exciter's Lust
07. Downward Spiral
08. Switchblade Hate
09. Against The Grain
10. Twisted, Ruined And Black
11. Catch 22

Additional info
Label: Metal On Metal Records

All music and lyrics by T.J. Berry, except for "Contained?" - lyrics by Jason Antil,
and "Twisted, Ruined And Black" - lyrics by T.J. Berry and Jason Antil.

All music recorded, mixed and mastered at Triple S Studios, Marietta, Ohio, Summer 2010.
Produced and engineered by Steve Strahler.
Final adjustments by Alex Pohl.

Front cover art by Jowita Kaminska-Peruzzi.
Graphic layout by Simone A. Peruzzi

Staff review by
Doc G.
Rating:
I'm starting to realize what a black hole of excitement is. This is it. My soul has finally found something boring enough to crawl into and die. There's no expressing how ironic a title like Monumetal is.

Words to describe this album? It's a heavy metal album. An extremely amateur sounding heavy metal album. The first thing that jumps out it is how horrible the recording on this is, it's demo quality, and by demo quality, I mean high-school-garage-band-on-a-4-track demo quality. It's almost impossible to believe this band has already put out several albums. Don't get me wrong, stripped-down can be an incredible direction to go, the first few Danzig albums are a testament to that, Catch 22 on the other hand are a testament to the fact that you shouldn't attempt "stripped-down" unless you can pull it off. Monumetal just sounds incredibly awkward and imbalanced when it isn't overwhelmingly bland. Just picture a compilation of the most basic Iced Earth segments being played by a bunch of drunks, recorded through a $20 4-track tape deck.

Read more ››
published 04.04.2011 | Comments (7)

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 10 users
11.04.2011 - 05:27
farfaramir

1.5??? That must be the lowest rating in the history of ratings

Hits total: 3084 | This month: 9