Metal Storm logo
Leaves' Eyes - New Video Online

"To France", the new video from German/Norwegian symphonic metal band Leaves' Eyes, can now be watched below.

The clip was directed by Patric Ullaeus of Revolver Film Company in Gothenburg, Sweden.

"To France", a cover of the Mike Oldfield classic, comes off the band's upcoming new album Meredead, which will be released on April 22nd through Napalm Records. More album details were previously reported over here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leaves' Eyes
Posted: 12.04.2011 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 173 users
12.04.2011 - 11:42
Windrider
Raureif
Yet best Cover song and Video of 2011!
12.04.2011 - 17:57
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Wonderful!
12.04.2011 - 18:38
WorpeX
Made of Metal
They did a video of a cover song? What, wasn't any of their songs good enough? I find that to be super lame. Video is very well done though, and the song is good, it just doesn't feel like a 'flagship song' to me. Their other videos have always made want to get the album - Elegy, My Destiny, Into Your Light... This one I keep thinking that Blind Guardian has already done this and I have the song already. T_T
12.04.2011 - 20:30
YoreLore

Blind Guardians is better
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
12.04.2011 - 20:45
Ernis
狼獾
Now that is a very pleasant song and video... makes me wish to catch up with that band once again for I haven't followed what they've been doing these last years...
12.04.2011 - 21:03
enumaelis

I find her voice too over the music, I mean the volume of her voice.. like an usual pop song, I prefer the original or the BG's one
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
12.04.2011 - 22:12
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by enumaelis on 12.04.2011 at 21:03

I find her voice too over the music, I mean the volume of her voice.. like an usual pop song, I prefer the original or the BG's one

I do agree, totally. The guitars should've been more loud. Otherwise quite likeable, but I'm such a great fan of the original song that Maggie Reilly did with Oldfield, that as much as I like Liv's voice, she's about 20% as good as Maggie's was, and the whole performance as well. Then again, it's hard to fill Oldfield's shoes no matter how good of a musicians decides to cover his songs. Video is cute and watchable though
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.04.2011 - 22:18
Opethian

I didnt care much for 'Njord', come on Leaves Eyes 2011
12.04.2011 - 22:51
Elodie Artour
Slania
Nice video, nice song. Nothing to be impressed by. I am more impatient to hear their entirely new material written by themselves.

I do keep on wondering, though - won't Leaves' Eyes ever get tired of writing songs about vikings and stuff? :
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
12.04.2011 - 22:51
dark_mar

For me shit....music and voice. such works do not ehh.. loss of words...
13.04.2011 - 00:57
Danyael

Written by YoreLore on 12.04.2011 at 20:30

Blind Guardians is better

Yeah, far better. This sounds a bit too monotone compared to their version. Probably cos of her singing style... it kinda lacks variation, its too samey.
17.04.2011 - 20:20
Akke920

I prefer both the original and Blind Guardian's version. This version is somehow weak compared to the previous versions.

Hits total: 3998 | This month: 4