Which is Mastodon's album?

Leviathan
Blood Mountain
Remission

Total votes: 76
15.09.2006 - 00:15
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Fire, water or earth? Personally I prefer "Blood Mountain", maybe it's still a bit too fresh in my ears, but I'm truly enjoying it a lot. All three are very consistent though, it's a hard choise.

EDIT: Mastodon's best album, I screwed up the poll question, some editing here please mods
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
15.09.2006 - 03:50
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
dude...its not a big deal...i think most of us will understand what you meant....on to the Topic...Blood Mountain is a Masterpiece...but i cant but my finger on what album is the best...because Mastodon is one of those bands...where one week..Remission can be your favorite...and the next Leviathan or Lifesblood...hope this is comprehendable
15.09.2006 - 11:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno if my vote be objective, because I dunno this band, I dunnno nothing I had hear only 2 songs
''Burning Man'' ''Mother or Mountain Puncher'' in net radio, so i even dunno in witch album thay are and it some kind a sluge southern metal
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.09.2006 - 00:00
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I voted for Blood Mountain, as it is my favorite album at the moment, but like it was pointed out before, my opinion could change very quickly. Sleeping Giant is a masterpiece.
18.09.2006 - 03:32
Endoftherainbow

Mastodon is one of my favorite bands but I cannot pick a favorite album from them because I can listen to one album and think it's my favorite but then listen to another album and find all my favorite aspects of it and think it's my favorite album. All the albums have their own kind of feeling to them so I don't think I can pick a favorite album but right now the one I'm listening to the most is Blood Mountain. By the way how come the first two albums aren't include or atleast the re-issue of them on Call of the Mastodon.
18.09.2006 - 03:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Endoftherainbow on 18.09.2006 at 03:32

Mastodon is one of my favorite bands but I cannot pick a favorite album from them because I can listen to one album and think it's my favorite but then listen to another album and find all my favorite aspects of it and think it's my favorite album. All the albums have their own kind of feeling to them so I don't think I can pick a favorite album but right now the one I'm listening to the most is Blood Mountain. By the way how come the first two albums aren't include or atleast the re-issue of them on Call of the Mastodon.

I thought Call of the Mastodon was unreleased material.
18.09.2006 - 04:20
Endoftherainbow

Written by Dangerboner on 18.09.2006 at 03:46

Written by Endoftherainbow on 18.09.2006 at 03:32

I thought Call of the Mastodon was unreleased material.

Nope Call of the Mastodon was their first two demo's released on one album.
18.09.2006 - 23:14
Baz Anderson

well im surprised no one has voted for 'Remission' yet - thats a brilliant album
i voted for 'Leviathan' though - i probably like it more because i have listened to it more
it was one of those albums that i baught without any planning

the new album is ok but i havent listened to it a lot. only once actually so im not that familliar with it at all
20.09.2006 - 02:30
bangladesh

Chosing the best album is a very hard task, Leviathan or Blood Mountain, i don´t know, but i put remission on last because of the simple aspect that there are two or 3 songs that i don´t apreciate that mutch. (my prefered song is from this album, workhorse) Now, the real question (for me) is to chose the best of the last two albuns. If i had to chose one, i chose Leviathan only for the reason that this album introduce me Mastodon
22.09.2006 - 04:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This was really hard for me because all of their albums are very good, but after thinking about it for a while I decided that Leviathan is my favorite Mastodon album, I think. It was pretty much a toss-up between Leviathan and Remission, but I think Leviathan has their best songs and their best riffs, but riffage-wise Blood Mountain is up there too. However, Blood Mountain doesn't have the harsh vocals that Leviathan does. I think Remission has the best drumming, but I lose interest in that album 3/4 of the way through. lol this was hard...
01.10.2006 - 04:32
Throne of Rats

I had to say Leviathian, the reason for this is that i think Blood Mountain is still very new to me but over time it should grow over Leviathian.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
04.10.2006 - 04:58
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
leviathian is their best because it is filled with great songs. my fav song: blood and thunder.
not tos ay their other albums are bad, their great, but leviathian is brilliant
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
25.01.2007 - 23:18
Ultraraw
Account deleted
Blood Mountain is my favorite album.Better album then their other albums.
29.01.2007 - 11:54
lenesu

Remissions is a classical one and I dont think that they will ever do something better and I dont blame them for it. Mastodon is an experimental band. They do music for music, not for money, and you can see that in their DVD.
Try and dig into Remission. It may take you time but once you have asimilated, everithing else will seem follish.
30.01.2007 - 08:56
LethargyMan

I bought Leviathan and Remissions and they didn't really impact me. Blood mountain really shows the band expressing their immense potential as "the next big thing in metal," hence that's where my vote goes.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
03.02.2007 - 19:08
Dan066
Account deleted
Leviathan I really enjoyed, but Blood Mountain is the greatest. It is insturmentally great, awesome riffs and drumming, definetly their best. Vocals go great with it too, Can't wait for a new album by them soon.
26.07.2007 - 17:19
Infurnace

IMO, "Blood Mountain" is the best Mastodon album. It's contains some really catchy songs, and I like the story-line behind the cd, very much.
27.07.2007 - 22:33
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Leviathan, because it reminds me of Remission, but more Proggy and nicer written songs. Blood Mountain was good, but couldn't hold a candle to Leviathan.
02.08.2007 - 21:07
Omni
Account deleted
Blood Mountain was the album that turned me onto Mastodon and now they're one of my favourite bands, so that one gets my vote. I also think its probably the most varied and as a result maybe more mainstream. But theres no denying the brilliance of it...or any Mastodon album! I wait in eager anticipation of their next masterpiece
10.02.2008 - 00:02
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Leviathan. Leviathan Leviathan!

Oh what a beauty that monster is.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
11.02.2008 - 22:14
Ascalon

Blood Mountain for me it's THE best album of Mastodon, wich is in fact a quite good and interesting band, and the song "Colony of Birchmen" it's really good ,,,
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
14.02.2008 - 22:58
IllNiñoSweden

I vote Blood Moantain because I like all the songs.
My best songs is "Colony of Birchmen", The Wolf is Loose, The Sleeping Giant and Capillarian Crest.
26.02.2008 - 07:34
NOИ

well, I like Sleeping Giant from Blood Mountain and March of the Fire Ants from Remission, but because I have to choose only one, I will say the second one because I heard Mastodon with it for the first time.
09.06.2008 - 23:50
Ka Tet

I bought Blood Mountain & Leviathan at the same time on a whim. I had only seen the video for Seabeast and a friend told me I would like them so I went ahead and since they were both there....

Both albums are fantastic, and what I've heard from Remission is also great. I have yet to hear a Mastodon song that I don't like - which is odd for me.

I ended up voting for Blood Mountain because of Sleeping Giant. It's my favorite song and therefor swings the tie.
10.06.2008 - 17:09
Metal_Militia

//I think Blood Mountain. Very advanced and its just an awesome album from start to finish//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

10.06.2008 - 22:07
Gordon Freeman

Definatly Blood Mountain for me. I like the more rockish/bluesy feel to it as opposed to their earlier work, both of which were fantastic albums don't get me wrong.

Also Brann's drumming on Blood Mountain is phenominal. A serisously underrated drummer I think. *this one is way into the jazz fusion by the way*
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
09.11.2008 - 23:21
benvolent

Leviathan! That's in my list of best albums ever (together with Lateralus - Tool and IV - Led Zeppelin...).

I think, it's just the most cohesive album from Mastodon - always, when I start to listen to a song, I need to listen to the next too, and so on, and in the end I sit there and get all melancholic to the devastating 'Joseph Merrick'.

Best song: Hearts Alive - nothing can beat this epic hell. A true novel of a metal song!
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
08.08.2011 - 17:03
JD
Account deleted
1. Leviathan
2. Crack The Skye
3. Blood Mountain
4. Remission
08.08.2011 - 17:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
1. Blood Mountain (9)
2. Leviathan (8)
3. Remission (8)
4. Oblivion [EP] (8)
5. Lifesblood [EP] (7)
6. Crack the Skye (5)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.12.2012 - 16:53
megadeath13
Account deleted
Blood Mountain is Mastodons best album. Crack the skye is great too but Blood Mountain is just more mine. The Wolf is loose and Capillarian Crest are the highlights.