Metal Storm logo
Do you still feel like listening to metal when you're sick?

Poll

Do you still feel like listening to metal when you're sick?

Hell yeah, headbanging helps me recover!
Not as much, gotta tone it down a bit
Not much, just don't feel it then
No way, Blackmore's Night til I'm better

Total votes: 153
13.04.2011 - 00:13
caimanjosh

I find that when I'm feeling sick (I guess sick = anything worse than typical cold...so bad cold, flu, anything else that makes me feel tired and crappy), I seem to lose my desire to listen to metal. I just feel too run down, like I don't have the energy to enjoy it. Generally I know I'm getting better when I start feeling the urge to throw on some Hibria (or whatever my latest interest is) again. Does it work the same way for most people? I'd guess yes, but no way to find out without asking, so cast your vote and add your comments.
13.04.2011 - 00:30
MetalSpider

Yeah I still listen to metal whether I'm sick or not. And it doesn't matter what kind of metal it is. Generally it may be whatever I'm in the mood for. However, I don't get sick that often.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
13.04.2011 - 00:33
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I cant listen to anything while im sick
13.04.2011 - 02:34
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I get sick when I don't listen to metal.
13.04.2011 - 02:45
@gent_-_orange

Written by Guest on 13.04.2011 at 02:34

Haha awesome. I agree
13.04.2011 - 03:03
ANGEL REAPER

When i am sick,I always dig up some old Viking era Bathory....Somehow i feel better ....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
13.04.2011 - 03:20
Thrashette

As long as I'm not trying to sleep or something, I still like listening to metal when I'm sick. If anything, I think it helps me feel better
13.04.2011 - 03:27
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I find that whatever I listen to when I am sick I get a negative association with... but usually I can't listen to anything except the sound of my dreams.
13.04.2011 - 04:11
Ragana
Rawrcat
I listen to whatever I like whenever I like... unless I want to sleep.
13.04.2011 - 17:39
caimanjosh

::chuckles::
Nice, good answer.
13.04.2011 - 18:01
Bulletdodger

The only thing that changes when I'm sick is the amount of headbaning I do , but the desire for metal is unchanged.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
13.04.2011 - 20:12
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Yeah, I'll just listen to something more melodic.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
13.04.2011 - 23:47
Yasmine

LOL! TRUE METALHEAD.

I still listen to metal, I'm recovering from surgery still, got some bruises where they sliced me up, and I'm still listening to metal. Mostly power, stuff makes me feel happy.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
14.04.2011 - 22:54
Caedere

Depends on how sick I am, if I'm on antibiotics and have a headache which makes me want to drown myself until I can't feel my fucking head anymore I'm most likely not listening to any kind of "too rough" metal. But metal can be so varied that I can't really say that I'd never listen to it while being sick since you can find so incredibly many bands that play a bit calmer music which still (of course) is metal.
----
Sometimes we are just so stupid it is beyond belief.
16.04.2011 - 01:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
When I'm sick I mostly listen to depressive black metal, funeral doom, atmospheric sludge, post-punk, shoegaze, dream pop, EBM, and trip hop.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.04.2011 - 02:26
Vombatus
Potorro
Can't remember being sick, except for 2 or 3 hospital surgeries and no way I can listen metal there
I guess metal is good anytime, who doesn't like blast beats fest when you got headache ?
16.04.2011 - 02:35
Yasmine

Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.04.2011 at 01:57

When I'm sick I mostly listen to depressive black metal, funeral doom, atmospheric sludge, post-punk, shoegaze, dream pop, EBM, and trip hop.

I'm breaking in and forcing you to listen to Lady Gaga ALL night long.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
16.04.2011 - 02:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Yasmine on 16.04.2011 at 02:35

The goal when sick is to feel better, not worse.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.04.2011 - 02:39
Yasmine

Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.04.2011 at 02:36

Written by Yasmine on 16.04.2011 at 02:35

The goal when sick is to feel better, not worse.

Exactly, so you'll be my slave forevah. Maybe tomorrow we'll do Carrie Underwood, course I'll wear ear plugs.
----
18.04.2011 - 08:02
Balthazine

Yeah I'll listen to metal no matter what, but sometimes it'll be more toned down metal. Like, if I have a really bad headache, I won't usually listen to say death or thrash metal at high volumes, because that doesn't help much always. Instead I might listen to some mellow doom or stoner metal.

Buuuut, there have been a few cases where Judas Priests' Painkiller actually (no lie) cured me of my headaches and migraines. Was pretty cool, so sometimes I'll give that song a few spins.
----
Sometimes in metal they have called me:
The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner -I write articles on metal in the MN area for Examiner.com
The Metal Detector -A history of digging up old forgotten metal bands
Thrash Master -Famous for my Walls O' Thrash
19.04.2011 - 03:08
Kennoth

Hmm. If I have a headache or other physical pain, I'll tone it down, or simply switch to lower-paced melancholic stuff like Katatonia or The Foreshadowing
----
*insert something deep and profound*
19.04.2011 - 03:45
Andre

16 people are recovering, while listening to metal.

I gotta tone it down, due to the fact that most of illness often sides with headaches. In other cases, hell yeah - headbang til recovery \m/
Toning it down is kinda nice for guys like me, I like the fast and heavy tracks during 'normal' time and pain sort of gives me something else to listen to. Last time I toned down, I got hooked into Lake of Tears.
19.04.2011 - 03:47
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I felt sick on my drive to school this morning. I started playing Municpal Waste in my car and felt better soon after. It was awesome.
06.05.2011 - 18:11
Ghostdancer

If I'm sick enough to stay home, I listen to more metal! The last time I was sick I was a little delirious from fever and I found that the delirium actually enhanced the listening experience...or at least I thought it did at the time. lol When I'm sick toning it down, listening to other kinds of music or going without music all tend to be too depressing.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
30.05.2011 - 23:15
Metal_4Ever

Listening to metal while I am sick make me BETTER...
30.05.2011 - 23:53
Zombie94

I think if I had a really bad stomach ache I'd just stick on some black metal and just scream in anguish along to it.
31.05.2011 - 00:54
Tetravirulence

Yes Vomitorium
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
08.06.2011 - 21:52
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
I don't listen to metal if im not sick !
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
08.06.2011 - 21:55
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well actually when im sick I must admit that I gotta tone it down alot. Not that I don't wanna listen to it but when I got those crappy headaches I just can't ... usually it pisses me off even more, like being sick ain't enough.

@Yasmine and Troy's early posts: Poor troy don't let her poison you with that Gaga mania.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.06.2011 - 00:26
albinoman

I'm sick now and find that listening to calmer, progessive metal helps, I definitely tone it down.