Metal Storm logo
Queensrÿche - New Album Cover Art Revealed

Seattle progressive metallers Queensrÿche have revealed the cover art of their forthcoming album, entitled Dedicated To Chaos:

Dedicated To Chaos will be released on June 28 in North America via Loud & Proud Records, a Roadrunner Records imprint focusing on established artists. The band is currently planning a tour in support of the new opus, which was recorded in the group's hometown and produced by Kelly Gray.

Source: queensryche.com
Band profile: Queensrÿche
Posted: 13.04.2011 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 108 users
13.04.2011 - 22:34
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Cool cover, but the band just isn't the same.....
----
Chef Metal Head
14.04.2011 - 00:47
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Geez, that cover looks so cheap and tacky. lol I don't have very high hopes for this one at all, although surely it'll have to be better than the awful last album. It's sad how such a once great band have become mediocre.
14.04.2011 - 11:35
DarkSwan

Written by Angelic Storm on 14.04.2011 at 00:47

Geez, that cover looks so cheap and tacky. lol I don't have very high hopes for this one at all, although surely it'll have to be better than the awful last album. It's sad how such a once great band have become mediocre.

I second that
29.05.2011 - 23:07
godisdead

Too many bands are getting criticized because their older albums were so fucking good .... queensryche, sepultura etc I personally think they were pretty good and dont deserve this much shit.
29.05.2011 - 23:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by godisdead on 29.05.2011 at 23:07

Too many bands are getting criticized because their older albums were so fucking good .... queensryche, sepultura etc I personally think they were pretty good and dont deserve this much shit.

I actually quite like latter day Sepultura, and in fact think Dante XXI is a great album. Latter day Queensryche just does nothing for me at all. (aside from Mindcrime 2, which while not a classic certainly contained some good moments) I find it very boring. I just speak as I find, and at the end of the day my opinion is just that, my opinion. I dont hold it up like some divine judgement on band's material, its simply what I think of it.
30.05.2011 - 00:26
godisdead

Written by Angelic Storm on 29.05.2011 at 23:54

Written by godisdead on 29.05.2011 at 23:07

I actually quite like latter day Sepultura, and in fact think Dante XXI is a great album. Latter day Queensryche just does nothing for me at all. (aside from Mindcrime 2, which while not a classic certainly contained some good moments) I find it very boring. I just speak as I find, and at the end of the day my opinion is just that, my opinion. I dont hold it up like some divine judgement on band's material, its simply what I think of it.

Well some people dont even try to listen to their later albums and give it bad ratings just because its different. I thought Operation Mindcrime 2 was very good (not compared to their earlier albums but still good) and that hear in the now frontier and american soldier were decent but most people dont even bother to listen to it.
30.05.2011 - 01:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by godisdead on 30.05.2011 at 00:26
Well some people dont even try to listen to their later albums and give it bad ratings just because its different. I thought Operation Mindcrime 2 was very good (not compared to their earlier albums but still good) and that hear in the now frontier and american soldier were decent but most people dont even bother to listen to it.

Well, that is true, but I've never been like that. I always give new material of bands I love a fair chance, and carry no biases when I go into listening to it. When I talk about "latter day Queensryche", Im talking about the albums made after Chris De Garmo left. So I don't count "Hear In The Now Frontier". lol However, I do think that particular album is pretty underrated. Maybe it's a tad over-long, but there's certainly some great songs on there. "American Soldier" just did nothing for me. Nothing on that album really grabbed me.

As for Mindcrime 2, well the handicap that album has is being the sequel to, in my mind, one of the greatest albums of all time. And of course, compared to that album, it's definitely weaker. But on it's own merits, it's a pretty good album with some actually great songs on there. Songs like "I'm American", "One Foot In Hell", "Re-Arrange You" and "The Chase" are the brightest, most potent, and energetic stuff the band have released for many years. You can tell the band really went for it on that album, and while it inevitably failed to reach the insane heights of it's prequel, it's actually a fine album that stands on it's own very well. xD

Hits total: 3790 | This month: 4