Metal Storm logo
Mnemic - Part Ways With Bassist, Seek Replacement

Official press release

Bassist Tomas "Obeast" Koefoed has decided to part ways with Danish/French "Future Fusion Metallers" Mnemic:

"It's time for changes and towards fans of Mnemic I'm sad to announce that I have played my last shows with Mnemic in Spain in March. Because of my forever continued dedication to music and metal it has not been easy to make my decision to leave a great and innovative band like Mnemic after 8 succesful years with 4 releases.

Personally I don't feel my ambitions are fulfilled in Mnemic anymore and I wish my brothers and friends in band and crew all the best for the future. It has been some amazing years in many ways and I've learned a lot about myself and the music business, about what to do and what not to do. We have moved fast and achieved a lot in a short time with our music and concepts, toured and become friends with some of the greatest bands in metal, but I feel my cooperation with the band has peaked. This is not the end for me in metal and hopefully soon I can announce myself in another ambitious project. I have good people working with me and I have now officially signed up and put myself available as live/touring and studio/session bassist, so see you out there, anywhere, everywhere. My very own new website will be announced soon, so stay tuned. Thanks to all my fans for your support over the years and in the future! - Horns! Beast."

Commented the band: "Sadly and unfortunately all things do come to an end. Compared to others, our line-up has been quite stabile for some time, but now it is time to part ways with our friend and brother, and take a step into a new direction. It was awesome jamming with the Beast, as always, and our split is totally mutual as friends and compadres. We wish him the best for his future endeavor and hope to see him on stage again!

To complete the groups line up, we are as of now seeking a replacement. If you are interested in taking over the bass duties, throw us an email with your info (age, experience, gear, photo etc) at: neurotic [at] mnemic [dot] com. In the meantime, we have commenced composing the fifth album, to be released in a not so distant future. Thanks for your patience and looking forward to be seeing y'all out there!"

Source: mnemic.com
Band profile: Mnemic
Posted: 13.04.2011 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 6 users
15.04.2011 - 09:09
Locke
Account deleted
Damn, if only they parted ways with the vocalist instead I could get back to enjoying this band.

Hits total: 2373 | This month: 4