Metal Storm logo
Skrillex - New Song Feat. KoЯn Online

You know what this board needs? More... everybody say it with me... DUBSTEP! ...Why did nobody say it with me?

Anyways, "Get Up", the brand-new collaboration single between hot Los Angeles dubstep DJ Skrillex and KoЯn, has been made available for streaming, exclusively at SPIN.com.

The track, tentatively due on a new KoЯn EP in May, is described as "a skittering blitzkrieg of heavy electro beats and guitars". You know you want to check that shit out! So, check it out already!

"I heard a few of Skrillex's re-mixes and really felt there would be a good chance that he would have the right sensibility to connect us to a new hard sound and direction, but still keeping KoЯn guitars and our vibe," frontman Jonathan Davis tells SPIN. "We were just thinking of trying something new, to be honest, so I had my manager reach out to the Skrillex camp. When we got into the studio the connection was instant!"

Just FYI: the excellent debut EP of Skrillex is still available for free download over at Bandcamp.

Source: spin.com
Band profile: Korn
Posted: 15.04.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 27   Visited by: 127 users
15.04.2011 - 20:09
Elodie Artour
Slania
Cool song indeed...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
15.04.2011 - 20:17
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I thought I was hallucinating for a second when I saw Skrillex news on here...
15.04.2011 - 23:08
Coolingsrock

Man finally dub step on metalstorm. it was ment to be...it mai not be metal but its the closest type of techno to it. Douple foot pedals and wubb wubb wubb wubb sound. amazing. FAN OF METAL = FAN OF DUBSTEP. fucking smart.
15.04.2011 - 23:29
bluegreengod
Account deleted
Yeeeaaah, I didn't like this one.
15.04.2011 - 23:40
marzepka87

There is no reason for this to be featured on here, this site is called METALSTORM for a reason, so it would be nice if it was kept that way... just sayin
16.04.2011 - 00:57
warrior_of_ice

SKRILLEX is a faggot, i dont want news about Dubshit here
16.04.2011 - 01:15
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Hmm. Metal actually mixes fairly well with dub step. I didn't expect that all. It has potential, but this song is just too gimmicky for my tastes.
16.04.2011 - 01:30
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
As much as I love Korn's brilliance at seamless transcending all genres I don't think they should waste their musical genius with the likes of Dubstep!
16.04.2011 - 03:45
Locke
Account deleted
This is worse than Pendulum feat. In Flames.
16.04.2011 - 03:52
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Crappy mallcore + dubstep= crappy dubstep.
16.04.2011 - 04:35
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
NOOOOOOO. NOT MS TOO. NO GADDAMN DUBSTEP. GROWL GRUMBLE GROWL.

----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.04.2011 - 07:12
blackvelvet

If it was the same song but just with the name Korn on it and with acoustic drums, you would all be saying "another kickass tune by Korn"... But you have to stay "true" and act like it's all crap just because it has electronics in it. So now we have to take industrial bands like Rammstein out of Metal Storm right? Grow up
Plus, this song is related to Korn (New METAL) so yeah, it belongs here
16.04.2011 - 09:34
Locke
Account deleted
Written by blackvelvet on 16.04.2011 at 07:12

If it was the same song but just with the name Korn on it and with acoustic drums, you would all be saying "another kickass tune by Korn"

ohwaityou'reseriousletmelaughharder.jpg
16.04.2011 - 11:24
Sworn

16.04.2011 - 11:32
Uldreth

Hmm sounds interesting, but I like dubstep anyways...

But seeing Skrillex on MS did surprise me!

Edit: Although good, that EP is only dubstep in traces (esp the track Fucking Die 2).
16.04.2011 - 11:51
Elodie Artour
Slania
Mixing two genres is pretty cool, especially speaking of metal and dubstep. What I don't like is the fact that these days, masses listen to house, dubstep and drum'n'bass (for instance) just because these genres are trendy. Which is lame.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
16.04.2011 - 11:52
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Almost Industrial Metal.... ALMOST
16.04.2011 - 13:37
Ag Fox
Angel No More
not something i'd listen to daily, but It's pretty good actually
----
loves 小巫
16.04.2011 - 16:36
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 16.04.2011 at 13:37

not something i'd listen to daily, but It's pretty good actually

Agreed.
16.04.2011 - 18:19
Kitty

Dubstep sucks so bad.
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
16.04.2011 - 18:21
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Kitty on 16.04.2011 at 18:19

Dubstep sucks so bad.

17.04.2011 - 20:18
JD
Account deleted
19.04.2011 - 23:09
0mn1v0r3

Written by Coolingsrock on 15.04.2011 at 23:08

Man finally dub step on metalstorm. it was ment to be...it mai not be metal but its the closest type of techno to it. Douple foot pedals and wubb wubb wubb wubb sound. amazing. FAN OF METAL = FAN OF DUBSTEP. fucking smart.

Actually Dubstep really isn't the "closest thing to metal in techno". BTW Techno is a genre, it doesn't envelope all of Electronic music. The closest of all electronic styles that are similar to metal are techstep, Drum N' Bass, and Gabber(The frontman for The Berzerker actually is a speedcore and Gabber DJ). Dubstep is just the new trend so Korn had to jump on it to make more money. Korn wants to be the next brittany spears. If I heard a Dubstep remix of some "metal" that wasn't already meant to jump up and down to I'd be impressed. Dubstep is all breakdown esque wobbles hence why it would work well with chug along mallcore bands.

P.s. No one gave a shit when Slipknot's debut had drum n bass parts and wobbles. But now its all the rage and its "ok" to like Korn again. Metalheads are almost as bad as juggalos when it comes to ignorance.

P.s.s. Psycore and Darkpsy are the best types of EDM
27.04.2011 - 18:32
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Make an entire album like this. it's good
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
29.04.2011 - 19:02
GT
Coffee!!
Pretty good actually
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.04.2011 - 19:31
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by 0mn1v0r3 on 19.04.2011 at 23:09

Do you have any examples of those, I would like to check it out...
23.05.2011 - 01:15
0mn1v0r3

Written by Introspekrieg on 29.04.2011 at 19:31

Written by 0mn1v0r3 on 19.04.2011 at 23:09

Do you have any examples of those, I would like to check it out...

Examples of this would be Far East Ghost, Baphomet Engine, Whicked Hayo, Mergel, Invind Mind, JHunix, Phobos Azazel, etc.

Darkpsy is slower with more atmosphere, psycore is psychedelic gabber almost and can range form 160bpm to over 200. I like Darkpsy to be around 145 to 155bpm so depending on how much punishment your ears can take would widen or shrink your affinity for exploration into these genres. Also, check out Forest psytrance. Its like Darkpsy but even more atmospheric with a lot of strange trippy sounds.

Try this out:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/style/psycore
http://www.ektoplazm.com/style/darkpsy

and for some dj mixes of darkpsy try

http://soundcloud.com/fraktalkraken-experience
http://soundcloud.com/0mn1v0r3/d

Its not for everyone but it is way more fun and intense to listen to and mix IMO

Hits total: 4427 | This month: 3