Metal Storm logo
Chimaira - New Line-Up Unveiled

Chimaira have revealed their new line-up following the recent departures of drummer Andols Herrick and keyboardist/programmer Chris Spicuzza.

Dååth vocalist Sean Zatorsky will fill in on keyboards, while Bleed The Sky drummer Austin D'Amond will sit behind the kit for all of Chimaira's upcoming shows. Drum tracks on the band's recently completed new album however were laid down by the CD's producer, Ben Schigel (who has previously worked with Drowning Pool and Walls Of Jericho).

Dååth guitarist Emil Werstler was already filling in on bass since Jim LaMarca's departure last November.

Keyboardist/programmer Chris Spicuzza announced his departure from Chimaira last week, explaining that the "situation in Chimaira had ultimately become a negative environment that I had to get out of. Secondly, the music industry is completely fucked and honestly, I became concerned for my future. The amount of work and stress I took on got the best of me. I guess if you're not happy or having fun, what's the point?"

Drummer Andols Herrick announced his departure from Chimaira on Wednesday, citing "some of the same concerns that" Chris Spicuzza "mentioned in his statement, namely the current state of the music industry and concerns about my future." Andols added: "A major transition in life is much more manageable at 31 than it is in your late 30s or early 40s, so as a guy with literally zero experience in anything else, better now than later. Plus, it would be hard to go back without feeling constantly uneasy about the situation."

Tentatively due in August in North America, South America and Japan through eOne Music, the forthcoming Chimaira album is currently being mixed by Chris "Zeuss" Harris (Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, 3 Inches Of Blood).

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Chimaira
Posted: 15.04.2011 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 41 users
15.04.2011 - 22:14
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
The current state of the music industry? You mean the current state of Chimaira's industry, maybe if they had put out a solid album instead of experimenting on The Infection then Chimaira's popularity wouldn't have decreased like it has. Maybe this next album will be a lot better since Rob has been playing with Six Feet Under, not saying I like 6FU or that they are a good band but maybe playing death metal for a change has given Rob some good ideas for the writing process of the new Chimaira album...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

17.04.2011 - 22:01
Sword_Chant
Written by psykometal on 15.04.2011 at 22:14

The current state of the music industry? You mean the current state of Chimaira's industry, maybe if they had put out a solid album instead of experimenting on The Infection then Chimaira's popularity wouldn't have decreased like it has. Maybe this next album will be a lot better since Rob has been playing with Six Feet Under, not saying I like 6FU or that they are a good band but maybe playing death metal for a change has given Rob some good ideas for the writing process of the new Chimaira album...

It's not that they were too 'experimental', the last release just wasn't that exciting.... or greatly original.
17.04.2011 - 23:09
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Sword_Chant on 17.04.2011 at 22:01

Written by psykometal on 15.04.2011 at 22:14

It's not that they were too 'experimental', the last release just wasn't that exciting.... or greatly original.

well in general no it was not really experimental but by Chimaira standards it was very experimental because it was nothing like any of their previous work. it sounded to me like they were trying to change their sound and their formula to reach a broader audience or something or maybe they were just bored with their own relatively successful formula and tried to "experiment" with ideas that were new to them and they just failed horribly imo.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

Hits total: 2470 | This month: 8