Edward T. Head
Dave Murray
Other
Janick Gers
Rod Smallwood

Total votes: 78
17.04.2011 - 23:25
arwestromen

So who is it? Who is your favorite member of the legendary band called Iron Maiden?
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
18.04.2011 - 02:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Probably Dave Murray, though i can't stand his face, he looks so much like a woman he wrote most of the kickass melodies and riffs.
18.04.2011 - 08:08
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 18.04.2011 at 02:01

Probably Dave Murray, though i can't stand his face, he looks so much like a woman he wrote most of the kickass melodies and riffs.

Dave Murray is a picture perfect image of the phrase "Never to old to rock." He looks like hes in his mid 70's or so, yet he's still on stage performing to thousands of fans and nailing his solo's.

My vote would go to Steve, as nearly all of Maiden's best tunes were written or co written by him.
18.04.2011 - 10:38
*MetalSlave*

Nicko McBrain. I've seen the documentary Flight 666 and i found Nicko very interesting. He is funny and kind of stupid and above all he play drums.
18.04.2011 - 15:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Harris because West Ham logo on bass guitars , ICF -- Inter City Firm
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.04.2011 - 23:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Hard choice, I like all of them. Probably Murray though, I just like his personality a lot and his whole posture in the band and during shows although now he doesn't move very much
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.04.2011 - 03:58
Richard

I voted for Steve Harris. He's been there since the very beginning when he started the band, he's written most of their best songs, and it seems that he's played a big role in directing the band's approach over the years. Although he's not the 'frontman' in a traditional sense, it could be argued that he is the 'main man' of the band.

Harris also seems to be refreshingly down to Earth. Apparently he's never taken drugs or even smoked a cigarette in his life, which shows that you can be a longhaired tattooed guy in an incredibly famous Metal band, and yet not succumb to the conformity of the stereotypical 'rock star' lifestyle.

BTW, the thread starter should give his own opinion as well.
----
19.04.2011 - 11:56
arwestromen

Written by Richard on 19.04.2011 at 03:58

BTW, the thread starter should give his own opinion as well.

yeah perhaps I should...it's just that I really can't deside who my favorite member is
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
19.04.2011 - 14:31
RavenKing

Surely not Janick Gers...

@Valentin B: I don't know what happened to Dave Murray's face but it started to look very weird and ugly with age. It looks plastic, as if he got some facial surgery.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
19.04.2011 - 16:33
King_of_the_Kill

Hard to decide... but I'm going to say Steve Harris. He's written most of their stuff, and the sheer talent in his fingers is insane.

Also, about the comments on Dave's face: I had heard once that he was born with some kind of skin problem. Probably not true, but, hey.
----
Love The Bomb
25.04.2011 - 13:17
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Ole ole ole ole....Bruceee bruceee
25.04.2011 - 21:14
ANGEL REAPER

Eddie....because its a cool idea to make cover art into "real" band member
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
06.11.2011 - 15:01
Krokberg

Steve Harris because ... he is Steve Harris.
06.11.2011 - 15:05
Druss

Bruce Dickinson for me, I've never had the pleasure of learning/playing an instrument, so often the vocals of bands/artists are what appeals to me, and few are as good as Bruce Dickinson, for me.
07.11.2011 - 01:07
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I've always liked Adrian Smith the best. He is a great guitarist and a major component of the songwriting. Most of the songs that were written by him with Steve Harris are my favourites, and always seem to be highlights off the albums.

I think Steve Harris is my next choice. He wrote most of the stuff and he is the original. I don't really care too much for how good a bass player is though, it wont make a song brilliant or ruin it either.

Dave Murray is great, nothing to really say about him.

Bruce Dickinson is a fantastic frontman. I dare to say he is not a brilliant vocalist though. He has a good range, but he doesn't stand out as a brilliant vocalist for me. He certainly puts in a great effort though, and i'm glad he is still there today.

Nicko McBrain does his job, nothing standout for me. Only contributed to a few songs.

Janick Gers just doesn't need to be there imo. He served his purpose until Adrian came back, and now he is just a show pony.
16.12.2011 - 11:28
StRicardo6

Agree,I voted for Steve,but its hard choice...I like Bruce too he is great on the stage,but no.2....Steve is true Metaller!!!
16.12.2011 - 14:13
Roro

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 25.04.2011 at 21:14

i vote for Eddie too
16.12.2011 - 15:43
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Roro on 16.12.2011 at 14:13

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 25.04.2011 at 21:14

i vote for Eddie too

great minds think alike
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
16.12.2011 - 15:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Krokberg on 06.11.2011 at 15:01

Steve Harris because ... he is Steve Harris.

So do Bruce Dickinson because....he is Bruce Dickinson!!
16.12.2011 - 16:01
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Steve Harris for fucking sure!! I like his totally Heavy Metal stature, very moronic, funny and I met him in 2008 in Cardiff[outside Millennium Sports Complex] he was really gentle although rest of the bands members were in a bus...he was the only one who controlled the fans questions and met him very gently. I also support him cause of the great amount of awesome songs he wrote for Maiden and some really classy riffs which till now smashing in every Maidenheads. I really like him.
19.12.2011 - 12:58
InfiniteDreams

I voted for Adrian Smith, because I like his songwriting and I think he is the most underestimated and unrecognised member of the band.
When he left the band after the "Seventh Son"-album Iron Maiden weren't the same anymore. That was the end of the classic Maiden albums. The songwriting level of the following albums sank and more and more songs sounded only like typical Steve Harris songs. Adrian is a good counterpart to Steve Harris in songwriting. Of course you get the best songwriting in terms of variety when every member of the band takes part in it.
So I was happy when Adrian joined Bruce after he also had left Maiden and they made the top albums "Accident of Birth" and "Chemical Wedding" that could have been Maiden ones.
Thank god they're both back again and the quality of the songs is nearly as good as the one in the eighties.

So I hope after this there will be more Irons who vote for Adrian.

On the other hand of course if you would ask me with whom I would have a drink, I would surely choose Nicko, because you can always have fun with him. He is such a positive and funny guy.
23.12.2011 - 03:03
Lit.
Account deleted
Only 2 people voted for Eddie?

Sleep with one eye open.
23.12.2011 - 03:51
RavenKing

Written by Dark Cornatus on 07.11.2011 at 01:07

Janick Gers just doesn't need to be there imo. He served his purpose until Adrian came back, and now he is just a show pony.

I still think Iron Maiden should have fired Gers when Adrian came back.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
23.12.2011 - 04:46
Joppe
Steelemeister
Paul Di'Anno for sure.
----
My vision is augmented
23.12.2011 - 05:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 23.12.2011 at 03:03
Sleep with one eye open.

Grip your pillow tight?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.12.2011 - 05:19
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.12.2011 at 05:12

Written by Guest on 23.12.2011 at 03:03
Sleep with one eye open.

Grip your pillow tight?

I knew someone would do that.
But I never expected you of all people to do it, Troy.
23.12.2011 - 05:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 23.12.2011 at 05:19
But I never expected you of all people to do it, Troy.

I have dishonored my family.

/ seppuku
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.12.2011 - 05:35
I_Die_Often

I voted for todays birthday boy, Dave Murry!
Happy 53rd B-Day Dave!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
23.12.2011 - 13:46
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Valentin B on 18.04.2011 at 02:01

He reminds me of Bert Newton (TV personality over here, considered 2nd only to the late Graham Kennedy).
I might have to say Blaze Bayley, because I like his voice.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
23.12.2011 - 13:47
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
And who is Rod Smallwood?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"