Metal Storm logo
Gorguts - European Summer Tour Cancelled

Gorguts have cancelled their European summer festival tour.

Mainman Luc Lemay issued the following explanation to all involved festival organizers: "First, I would like to apologize for this cancellation to your event and for any problems this could encouter in the process of setting up your festival. This decision was not easy to take. After many meetings and good faith to make this situation constructive for the band I came up choosing the option of not participating to any festival this Summer.

The whole idea about Gorguts doing a European Summer festivals tour was born last year with having in mind the release of our new record for the beginning of the Summer. But believe me, we were expecting our record deal to be negotiated and agreed on before Christmas or at the beginning of 2011. But as I'm writting this letter, I was not able to sign the contract yet with our record company.

As you know, these procedures can take proportions that we don't expect and then compromising all the activities around the band. So by not having a record coming out this Summer, with no strong promotion from a label to push our new record, I've decided to wait until these parts of the puzzle get solved before hitting the road again with my new band.

Don't get me wrong, I sincerely appreciate the fact that each of you were interested in Gorguts for your festival but it will be all for the better when the new record will be release.

I'm hoping to work with you in the future."

[Thanks to Promonex for the tip!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Gorguts
Posted: 18.04.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 36 users
19.04.2011 - 05:50
a MasT

The album is pushed back. FUCK. That is the worst possible news ever. Shit.
19.04.2011 - 06:21
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
Written by a MasT on 19.04.2011 at 05:50

The album is pushed back. FUCK. That is the worst possible news ever. Shit.

My thoughts exactly! We need this record damnit, damn labels always fucking up our good listening experiences.
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire

Hits total: 2432 | This month: 3