Metal Storm logo
Tesseract

19.04.2011 - 22:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
UK based Tesseract is a relatively new band but they have impressed many with their EP "Concealing Fate" and the extension of it, the debut album "One", released this year.

This is a thread dedicated to them and their work. Feel free to discuss all things Tesseract.

What are your thoughts on the band?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.04.2011 - 13:30
Obscure

I've known TesseracT for a few years now. The music was something different all the time.
The EP and the new album didn't disappoint me. In fact they just made the feeling stronger, that this band is unique.

I especially enjoy all the layers and melodies of their music.
On the rhythm side they are not monotone and that way boring like Meshuggah, in my opinion.
Ofcourse the credits go to Meshuggah from all the "djent" stuff.
But I think TesseracT has made this type of metal much more interesting.

The vocalist adds also a cool touch to the music.

I can only say that I like this band. A lot. It's an influence to me as a musician, too.
26.04.2011 - 15:37
MeloDeathViking

I forget how I came across TesseracT, but I remember downloading the Concealing Fate EP and just being blown away by it. I think the things that really drew me into that album were the bass and the singer. I like their full length as well, but the fact that Concealing Fate makes up half the album if not more so was a little disappointing. I also feel like the rest of the album just isn't as strong. Never the less, I enjoy the album and am looking forward to seeing them with Protest the Hero next week.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
26.04.2011 - 16:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by MeloDeathViking on 26.04.2011 at 15:37

I forget how I came across TesseracT, but I remember downloading the Concealing Fate EP and just being blown away by it. I think the things that really drew me into that album were the bass and the singer. I like their full length as well, but the fact that Concealing Fate makes up half the album if not more so was a little disappointing. I also feel like the rest of the album just isn't as strong. Never the less, I enjoy the album and am looking forward to seeing them with Protest the Hero next week.

You'll be seeing them with Protest The Hero? Well, aren't you lucky! One of the privileges of living over there, I guess.

I knew they were opening for PTH, wished that tour would hit Europe as well.

Some people seemed to be disappointed with "One" because it integrated the songs from the previous EP. I really don't see the problem with it, it happens a lot when EP songs appear on a subsequent full-length album.

I was pretty satisfied with "One", not much complaints to do about it at this point.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.04.2011 - 20:02
MeloDeathViking

Written by BloodTears on 26.04.2011 at 16:24

Written by MeloDeathViking on 26.04.2011 at 15:37

You'll be seeing them with Protest The Hero? Well, aren't you lucky! One of the privileges of living over there, I guess.

I knew they were opening for PTH, wished that tour would hit Europe as well.

Some people seemed to be disappointed with "One" because it integrated the songs from the previous EP. I really don't see the problem with it, it happens a lot when EP songs appear on a subsequent full-length album.

I was pretty satisfied with "One", not much complaints to do about it at this point.

Yeah, I decided to treat myself to the concert when I came into some extra money. I wouldn't be suprised if they eventually hit Europe with the tour.

My only problem is that I felt like it really gave away too much of the album, especially since I thought those were the strongest tracks. I feel like it would have been better to do two or three of the other songs and then saved Concealing Fate for the full length. I think the album would have had a much better effect that way. Either way, I still enjoy One.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
03.05.2012 - 00:52
JD
Account deleted
Dan Tompkins did a guest vocal on this song:

09.05.2012 - 06:11
chronic-headache

Written by Guest on 03.05.2012 at 00:52

Dan Tompkins did a guest vocal on this song:

as much as I love skyharbors new cd, DAN NEEDS TO BACK OFF THE MIKE
too much vocal prominance, let me hear the rest of the music too, please.
and as much as I can't get into tesseract (i tried, really I did) Im loving sky harbor
11.05.2012 - 22:55
mayoarm

Great band. Very complex progressive music. So much polyrhythmic patterns and syncopation. I jizz when I hear concealing fate.
15.11.2014 - 09:41
_deepblack

Im happy that the old voclas is back he sounds superb the last vocal wasnt so bad but Daniel Tompkins is totally something else so so great i hope we hear albums like one from them soon