Metal Storm logo
Nevermore - Jeff Loomis And Van Williams Leave The Band

Guitarist Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from Seattle-based progressive thrashers Nevermore. The following announcement was posted on the band's Myspace page:

"In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time."

Loomis and Williams had been with Nevermore since the band's first album, the self-titled Nevermore from 1995. Nevermore recently announced that they would be cancelling their planned tour with Symphony X. No information regarding additional confirmed tour dates is known at this time.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Nevermore
Posted: 21.04.2011 by Collin

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 80   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 605 users
21.04.2011 - 21:48
Darkside Momo
Retired
Shit. The band is as good as dead. A shame.

Thankfully I saw them twice before!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
21.04.2011 - 21:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
And they ended on a downer of an album as well. I guess the internal strife could explain the lacklustre nature of the recent record. Mega sad times though.
21.04.2011 - 21:51
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
I was going to see them for the first time in August...f**k!!!!!

And yes, their last album was by far, the weakest they've ever done. That might explain the departure of both Van and Jeff.
Forged Soul
Music Theory Bot
This is the end of an era. Nevermore have long been one of my favorite bands, even as I've moved away a little from metal. They still remained in perpetual rotation on my ipod. Godless Endeavor is still a masterpiece of an album in my opinion. I hope Jeff and Van resurface soon as they are great musicians. I'm not a hundred percent surprised as I've heard rumors for a while, but it's a shame nonetheless.
----
You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream
-Frank Zappa

There are no trolls in my ivory tower!
Deadsoulman

And that's by far the worst news of the year. I hope Nevermore will just cease to exist now.
21.04.2011 - 21:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
What the fuck? first KK leaves Priest, now Loomis (who pretty much defines Nevermore's sound) leaves his band. the guitarist from Jon Oliva's Pain's death was announced today too. what the hell is going on?

Rest in Peace Nevermore, 1991-2011.
21.04.2011 - 21:54
MechanisT
Account deleted
Sad beyond words. Totally unexpected. What an unpleasant news, indeed. This blows.
Guess I should disband too...
21.04.2011 - 21:56
RafaRata

Theres no Nevermore without Loomis.
21.04.2011 - 21:59
Wyrd

Wow. This was unexpected. O.O
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
21.04.2011 - 22:17
Zap
Oh fucking great, I got into this band almost a year ago, saw em live once (though it was on the co-headlining tour with Symphony-X) and now they fucking quit? I don't even know em long enough to have bought all their albums...
21.04.2011 - 22:17
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Valentin B on 21.04.2011 at 21:53

Loomis (who pretty much defines Nevermore's sound)

Only half of the sound, the other one being Warrel Dane's unique voice
Written by Valentin B on 21.04.2011 at 21:53

Rest in Peace Nevermore, 1991-2011.

Agreed!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
21.04.2011 - 22:22
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Worst news ever. On the year Nevermore was coming to Portugal and I was gonna see them live, this happens. How ironic.

One of my favourite bands falls apart. I'm mourning...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.04.2011 - 22:28
bluegreengod
Account deleted
I've seen nevermore live a bunch of times, but never got into them. Loomis and Williams are pretty damn good though so hopefully they'll do something worthwhile.
21.04.2011 - 22:30
MechanisT
Account deleted
I guess I'm so devastated by it all that I'll say something here again, in short:
Nevermore, you're one of the most awesome bands I've ever had the pleasure to listen to. I'll always remember you guys in high spirits because of your great music, above all. Finally, in short, thanks for everything!
God, my heart still feels heavy...
21.04.2011 - 22:36
MetalSpider

Noooooooooooooo!!!

And I didn't get to see them live because they cancelled.

Without Loomis and Van...it just won't be the same. Even with the mighty Warrell Dane its just wont be the same.

Truly a shame!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
21.04.2011 - 22:38
bazinko

What the hell? This is indeed terrible! And it's presented as if Nevermore could POSSIBLY go on without them... So weird. I miss you Nevermore.
21.04.2011 - 22:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
...end of the band ...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.04.2011 - 22:55
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Holy Shit!

This is the worst news I've ever received in metal. One of my absolute favorite bands, the one I never grew tired of seeing live and one with the most iconic musicians of all time just fell apart on me. This is not an easy one to recover from. I cannot express how sad I feel about this.
----
21.04.2011 - 23:04
Baz Anderson

Pretty bad news...
21.04.2011 - 23:24
Rog-Mothoth

Well Mike Portanoy can have another band to be in now....
But in all seriousness this sucks and i hope this trend of importaint band members leaving their bands ends and dosent get worse
----
Written by Guest on 25.08.2011 at 06:44

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.08.2011 at 01:04

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN.

... I can hear your prog boners from here. D:<

Liar... Everyone knows the only way to sense a boner is by smell D:<
21.04.2011 - 23:28
Maybe at least we can have Sanctuary back, maybe...

thats sad
21.04.2011 - 23:31
Necrodamus

Damn, I was really looking forward to seeing them this month. Ah well, I wish em luck elsewhere...
21.04.2011 - 23:31
Carrion Misery

Damn.. felt this coming. Terrible. Might as well not go on if you aren't enjoying it.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
21.04.2011 - 23:47
*!*

WTF!!!!!!!
22.04.2011 - 00:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Coming down so hard right now. maybe chris broderick will rejoin while staying in megadeth?
22.04.2011 - 00:06
Thryce
Retired Staff
Saw it coming. This band is done for.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
22.04.2011 - 00:12
Vegard R

Judas Priest and Nevermore are the two bands that are closest to my heart. Judas Priest got me into metal 5-6 years ago, and I've heard all of their albums probably more than 300 times. Nevermore have been my favorite band the last two years. In two days, both of them have almost fallen apart. This two days is the days that represent the death of music for me. I will get over it, but right now I'm just sad.
22.04.2011 - 00:21
wormdrink414

Loomis will go on to do better things. Dane will... uh... I can see him taking up gardening for some reason.
22.04.2011 - 00:22
ruffio

I wonder what this means for newly reformed Sanctuary...
22.04.2011 - 00:27
LoudBoy26

This Is Great News . This Band Sucks For The Most Part Anyway. They Can Do Better!

Hits total: 15234 | This month: 14