Metal Storm logo
Death (Not the Band)

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 16.09.2006 - 02:12
When I say Death, I don't mean the Band Formed In Tampa Florida In 1983,
I mean the Actual Process of Dying.

What do you Consider Death? What are your thoughts on it?
Do you Fear it? Are you Eager For It?
So many more questions to be answered.

The way I see it, Physical Death is not something to
Be feared, our spirits will carry on to whatever Afterlife we
have chosen for ourselves, now if your a bad person,
Chances Are your spirit will either Burn in some version of hell
or become a Demon, But I don't have that to fear, I'm a
good person
There is also The Issue of Theoretical and hypathetical
Death. Like what if someone has changed so drasticaly,
that they're just not the same person anymore, The version
Of that person you knew is dead, and is now a new person.

So what about yoy guys.
20.01.2011 - 19:22
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Guest on 06.01.2011 at 13:11

Well of course i'm afraid of death,

I'm not.
I would not want to live forever since it would be boring after 200-300 years
Beside where is then the fun in enjoying in life if it is gonna be forever...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.01.2011 - 20:47
JD
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.01.2011 at 19:22

I'm not.

Good luck then..
17.08.2011 - 21:57
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted

But the weird thing that i wish to die some angry\desperate moments,

I prefer me dying than someone very close to me.

I'm not afraid of dying, but I agree about the second and third statements.
On topic:
I think that after dying, if you were a good muslim and other Abrahamic religions (Did what the holy book said) then you'll go to heaven, otherwise it's eternal burning in hell.
17.08.2011 - 22:32
Timm O)))
I'm not afraid of death. In fact i would even welcome it with open arms when the time is there.
I'm not saying that i want to die but dying is inevitable, so i wouldn't fight it either.
I think it's even exciting in a way, maybe you're finally gonna find out what happens to you when you die, or not if you simply cease to exist (which i find hard to believe).
It's just this feeling of not knowing death that kind of excites me, even though it might be a little lugubrious.
Edit: I would almost consider it an adventure, if that makes sense...
17.08.2011 - 22:43
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.08.2011 at 21:57

But the weird thing that i wish to die some angry\desperate moments,

I prefer me dying than someone very close to me.

I'm not afraid of dying, but I agree about the second and third statements.
On topic:
I think that after dying, if you were a good muslim (Did what the holy book said) then you'll go to heaven, otherwise it's eternal burning in hell.

Oh yeah? so Christians and others will go to hell?

PS: I don't like to talk about religions, so you did quote the wrong guy.
17.08.2011 - 22:50
Timm O)))
Let's please not start a debate about what's right or wrong concerning religion. It will just lead nowhere.
17.08.2011 - 22:52
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.08.2011 at 22:43

Nah, I meant non believers. I'll check my earlier post so it becomes comprehensible.
17.08.2011 - 22:59
Yavanna
Written by Timm O))) on 17.08.2011 at 22:32

Edit: I would almost consider it an adventure, if that makes sense...

Yes, it is some kind of adventure, the greatest one
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
17.08.2011 - 23:00
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.08.2011 at 22:52

Written by Guest on 17.08.2011 at 22:43

Nah, I meant non believers. I'll check my earlier post so it becomes comprehensible.

Ok. here the religions thread: Have fun!
http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=5236

Now back to the topic.
17.08.2011 - 23:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I've had dreams about death recently and even though I've thought about the idea of dying and terrified myself shitless just at the thought of it it's only when confronted with that actual notion that you're going to die, as I've done in my dreams, that you realise you experience a feeling which can be replicated in no other way: sheer terror.

Oddly enough I've had a few dreams about meeting aliens recently too, or rather in the dreams knowing for sure that I will be doing so (I was to be taken away to live on their planet or whatever in all of them but never actually met them) and that's another unique kind of emotion which again I don't believe can be replicated naturally. Again it was a form of terror (despite the romantic idea of it being rather desirable).

But yep, death equals total nothingness, rendering everything completely pointless. The argument that you'll be remembered and thus continue "living" is totally moot. Even the most famous people are eventually forgotten or at least probably have facts about them twisted over time and the rippling changes I may make have no consequence to my consciousness. I have no spiritual or religious beliefs, I believe that my consciousness is merely a construct to keep my physical form going, a product of evolution. Fear of death can only be realised from a conscious perspective (through dreams is another thing but that's surely a manifestation of one's consciousness) so it does seem silly to worry about death as all senses likely cease to be but hey ho, we fear the unknown and the idea of non-existence.

Faith must be nice, but it's beyond my comprehension, but there is a sense of hope, probably an inbuilt natural cushion to the idea of death, that there is something else. Reincarnation always seemed the most intriguing concept to me.
17.08.2011 - 23:31
Timm O)))
It's weird, sometimes i have dreams about death as well but when i do, it feels great in the dream. I feel truly at peace and i feel that i'm okay with saying goodbye and such. I imagine dying is kinda like that, at least i'd like to die that way (who doesn't?).
I even dreamt i went to heaven once, that was even more wonderful.
17.08.2011 - 23:34
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 17.08.2011 at 23:07

Faith must be nice, but it's beyond my comprehension, but there is a sense of hope, probably an inbuilt natural cushion to the idea of death, that there is something else. Reincarnation always seemed the most intriguing concept to me.

I don't know what's more scary tbh... A eternity in hell if you were a bad guy or soemthing.... Or absolutely nothing.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.08.2011 - 23:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.08.2011 at 23:34

Written by Guest on 17.08.2011 at 23:07

I don't know what's more scary tbh... A eternity in hell if you were a bad guy or soemthing.... Or absolutely nothing.

Unquestionably something that frightens me more is being trapped in a perpetual void with my consciousness still intact. Naturally some kind of senility would occur I imagine but the idea itself is the worst thing imaginable.
17.08.2011 - 23:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 17.08.2011 at 23:36

Unquestionably something that frightens me more is being trapped in a perpetual void with my consciousness still intact. Naturally some kind of senility would occur I imagine but the idea itself is the worst thing imaginable.

Yeah that kind of shit is crazy. Makes me think of films like Johnny got his gun. Not exactly the same but the feeling of being absolutely alone with yourself and nothing more it's just awful.

Death is something I try not to think a lot about. Just like you... Sometimes I think about it and just by doing that I get terrified.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.08.2011 - 23:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.08.2011 at 23:39

Yeah that kind of shit is crazy. Makes me think of films like Johnny got his gun. Not exactly the same but the feeling of being absolutely alone with yourself and nothing more it's just awful.

Death is something I try not to think a lot about. Just like you... Sometimes I think about it and just by doing that I get terrified.

Yeah I think not thinking about it must be some kind of physical defence mechanism (and maybe religion is a more artificial way humans dealt with the fear of death, don't really wanna open that can of beans though) as I think people would go mad if they thought about it too much.