Metal Storm logo
Pantera

Original post

Posted by Darth Satanious, 18.05.2006 - 00:00
Coming from a style that some consider to be Glam, US Power Metal or just Heavy Metal (I haven't had the chance of actually listening to this period from the band) Pantera became a Groove Thrash metal band that told all those Grunge bands, that were taking over during the 90's, to fuck off, that Metal is alive and breathing. Their music, raw and in your face, has influenced several bands including many Nu Metal bands (often hated for that).

As we all know, the life of the guitar god Dimebag Darrell ended during a tragic incident where a son of a bitch killed him during a show of his other band Damageplan, in which he too played guitar along with his brother Vinnie Paul, in December 8th, 2004. Millions suffered his death back in those days and we all still do for he was a unique guitar palyer and person, as all the people who knew him acknowledge. He may not be with us in flesh but he will be alive forever through his music.

Here is their official thread.
03.03.2015 - 08:59
Totenlieder
Apparently its all a hoax, as far as anyone knows.
I sure as hell don't know.
But people are taking this way too far, not that I'm dismissing what they did, (if they did it) its completely wrong.
But that being said, they've received multiple death threats and pages made about them.
Here someone ruins a grave and you want to kill them? That's really logical.
I respect Dime and in no way shape or form condone that behavior, but both parties can go fuck themselves.
Just another example of a bunch of rednecks taking it too far.
----
Blut & Krieg
09.08.2015 - 00:27
vgmaster9
I think a reunion tour with Zakk Wylde would be nice. Who knows if he'll exceed people's expectations while playing guitar for the band.
04.08.2021 - 06:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
As young lad in early 20's I never liked this band, I did not like Aneslmo and his punk attitude in concerts. I did like their Power metal albums and I still like, but somehow driving car we did listen their albums. I re watch all music videos. I start to like it has groove thrash , speed, energy, small sludge vibes, southern red necks. How many teenagers today in concerts do mospits and also jump from stage. That band somehow has energy , in last 2 - 3 years I start to re listen groove thrash and I like. Sorta underated band, one of classic examples love or hate bad. Seems I waist my youth in some way. Also band was capable to compose some ballad inspired songs to, many that time bands did it actually.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.08.2021 - 22:24
Iwan Ruby
Maybe some people here will choose 'Cowboys From Hell' as his favorite album, but in my opinion Pantera best album is 'Vulgar Display Of Power'
Power Metal album certainly very unique to listen to, especially for those who are familiar with the evolution of their music..
----
My Band COLDERRA
My Zine ORIDISTRO