10. Run For The Night [live] [Japanese and re-release bonus]
11. Lost In The Twilight Hall [demo] [remastered edition bonus]
12. Tommyknockers [demo] [remastered edition bonus]

Top 20 albums of 1990: 18
Featured in "Getting Into: Blind Guardian"

Guest review by
hottercraft
Rating:
Talking about their musical level, this album probably isn't their best album, but I'm completely sure that this CD was the definitive change in their sound, when they changed from Speed Metal to making a more melodic, Power Metal sound. This change is obvious along all this album. We'll hear more melodic fragments but they haven't lost the intensity in their sound; it's a powerful CD. Blind Guardian changed their musical style with this CD and this change was introduced by the melodic fragments from some songs of the previous album "Follow The Blind." This is a better and more mature sound. After this, they would make some great masterpieces of Power Metal like "Imaginations From The Other Side" or "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" following the musical line made for this album.

Read more ››
published 21.06.2007 | Comments (5)

Found in 42 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 882 users
24.04.2011 - 23:39
Rating: 10
mikeprado30

For some people is the best one, for me is just a HUGE GEM, it would be the best if it wouldn't exist the IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE (yeah, in caps because this one DESERVE IT )
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
26.11.2012 - 00:11
Kocha

For me, this is the best album by Blind Guardian. Brings back priceless memories. One thing is certain - metal doesn't get more original than this.
09.03.2013 - 19:38
Rating: 9
JÄY
Metal slave
I have always really liked the albums before and after this one a lot more, but didnt understand why- today I figured it out.....rhythm guitar is too low in the mix.
23.12.2013 - 05:24
JÄY
Metal slave
If you haven't heard the remaster of this album for "A Guide to Space and Time" or whatever it's called... you should

The rhythm guitar got a serious make-over....
20.02.2015 - 15:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 23.12.2013 at 00:13

Great album indeed. Tommyknockers is such a fun yet intense song.

all album are great, epic basically master peace only few band can do like this Blackened, Evertale and few others
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.03.2017 - 00:11
Redel

Cleary among their best ones; third best for me (after IFTOS and SFB). Then again pretty much at par with its predecessors. This one just comprises some of their all-time best songs (Traveller in time, Lord of the rings, and Lost in the twilight world), classics actually. That said, there are also some weaker songs to find here. Still a somewhat 8.7 for me.
13.01.2019 - 15:26
Rating: 5
Maasai Mara

Too sugary and yet tooth decay sucks. Power metal vocals are almost as annoying as screamo, metalcore and deathcore.
----
You are not metal enough until you visit Kenya. The cradle of mankind, where man learnt first to work with stones and first enjoyed the sounds produced by banging stones which later influenced metal in all its sounds and genres.
16.07.2021 - 18:11
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
A very good power metal album, not Blind Guardians best tho Imo, that would be Imaginations, but this is clearly up there.
It's very enjoyable, and catchy, with some really cheesy lyrics, that don't put me off, it's not as epic as Nightfall In Middle-Earth, or Imaginations, but I still like it alot.
Tommyknockers, Traveler In Time, and the title track are my favourite songs on this album, the rest weren't that good IMO, and Lord Of the Rings is a great little Ballad.
16.07.2021 - 22:27
Redel

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 16.07.2021 at 18:11

and the title track are my favourite songs on this album

I guess you are refering to the song "Lost In The Twilight Hall" here since that one would come closest to a title track by its name , plus it is clearly up there in the list of highlights here, I agree.
16.07.2021 - 23:16
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by Redel on 16.07.2021 at 22:27

I guess you are refering to the song "Lost In The Twilight Hall" here since that one would come closest to a title track by its name , plus it is clearly up there in the list of highlights here, I agree.

Yes that's the one, I somehow keep getting the names mixed up, knowing me it's because of the word Twilight, 😁

Hits total: 18886 | This month: 45