Metal Storm logo
Coffee & Tea

Original post

Posted by Eight, 16.09.2006 - 18:39

Ok, i've created this topic to know what you people think about coffee? Is it really takes that high place in your life and why ?
'Serious laboratory researches have confirmed, that this coffee makes active the centers of memory and attention, besides, it protects from a cancer and a diabetes, to women helps to dump weight, and to men - to restore a potentiality.'(coffee.ru)
04.11.2008 - 22:04
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Valentin B on 04.11.2008 at 21:43

between coffee and tea? hmmm... Hot Chocolate! honestly it's my favorite.

I like tea(i LOVE earl grey and STRONG BLACK tea, though my family hate black tea)

Earl Grey is a fucking classic.... It never gets old for me
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.11.2008 - 07:36
Ernis
狼獾

I like tea(i LOVE earl grey and STRONG BLACK tea, though my family hate black tea), i also like how coffee tastes(no sugar, maybe some cream), too bad i once got an allergic reaction from drinkng too much(400 ml in the morning) and that turned me off of it for a while.

Do you mean black or red?

The thing you think is black is actually red...all those earl greys and others are RED...no matter how long you let it stay in the teapot, it'll remain reddish brown and transparent.....I doubt you've had actually black tea.....
05.11.2008 - 07:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ernis on 05.11.2008 at 07:36

I like tea(i LOVE earl grey and STRONG BLACK tea, though my family hate black tea), i also like how coffee tastes(no sugar, maybe some cream), too bad i once got an allergic reaction from drinkng too much(400 ml in the morning) and that turned me off of it for a while.

The thing you think is black is actually red...all those earl greys and others are RED...no matter how long you let it stay in the teapot, it'll remain reddish brown and transparent.....I doubt you've had actually black tea.....

dude, i know what i'm talking about. that black tea i'm talking about, it's black. more black than obama at least.
05.11.2008 - 13:37
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Valentin B on 05.11.2008 at 07:59

dude, i know what i'm talking about. that black tea i'm talking about, it's black. more black than obama at least.

What sort is it? Is it post-fermented? That's the most important thing because only post-fermented teas can be called black....
Does it have the mellow taste and strong smell of soil? Does it come in compressed shape such as bricks/spheres/ as black teas usually do....

If it's not post-fermented, then it doesn't fit the criteria and classifies as 红茶(red tea) which you western people call black (for some weird reason....)

Yeh....I agree....the leaves may be coloured black but that won't necessarily make it black....

Teas come as following...

红茶 red tea...most common standard oxidised tea....the one that is known as black tea in Western countries....taste is sweet/bitter/sour....
绿茶 green tea....less oxidised than the previous one....taste is a bit like grass...can also be bitter...
白茬 white tea....least oxidised than all of others....very pale yellow in colour...
黄茶 yellow tea....very expensive....colour is obviously yellow...taste is in between all others...
青茶 (sea)blue tea...also known as oolong...oxidation level between red and green, colour similar to green but with a bluish/grey shade, taste is brilliant without the obnoxious sweetness of red and the grass taste of green....perfect...
黑茶 black tea also known as pu'erh, post-fermented tea or dark tea...not to be confused with the "black" tea which originally in Asia is called red...taste is completely different from all others since the production of this tea is different from other sorts...due to it's long time of fermentation it contains different substances and its taste and colour are also different....if held long in a teapot the colour is nearly opaque and similar to coffee, strong smell and taste of earth and herbs, soft and warm...the leaves in the teapot are charcoal black after removing the water.....
05.11.2008 - 13:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ernis on 05.11.2008 at 13:37

Written by Valentin B on 05.11.2008 at 07:59

What sort is it? Is it post-fermented? That's the most important thing because only post-fermented teas can be called black....
Does it have the mellow taste and strong smell of soil? Does it come in compressed shape such as bricks/spheres/ as black teas usually do....

If it's not post-fermented, then it doesn't fit the criteria and classifies as 红茶(red tea) which you western people call black (for some weird reason....)

Yeh....I agree....the leaves may be coloured black but that won't necessarily make it black....

Teas come as following...

红茶 red tea...most common standard oxidised tea....the one that is known as black tea in Western countries....taste is sweet/bitter/sour....
绿茶 green tea....less oxidised than the previous one....taste is a bit like grass...can also be bitter...
白茬 white tea....least oxidised than all of others....very pale yellow in colour...
黄茶 yellow tea....very expensive....colour is obviously yellow...taste is in between all others...
青茶 (sea)blue tea...also known as oolong...oxidation level between red and green, colour similar to green but with a bluish/grey shade, taste is brilliant without the obnoxious sweetness of red and the grass taste of green....perfect...
黑茶 black tea also known as pu'erh, post-fermented tea or dark tea...not to be confused with the "black" tea which originally in Asia is called red...taste is completely different from all others since the production of this tea is different from other sorts...due to it's long time of fermentation it contains different substances and its taste and colour are also different....if held long in a teapot the colour is nearly opaque and similar to coffee, strong smell and taste of earth and herbs, soft and warm...the leaves in the teapot are charcoal black after removing the water.....

LOL dude, i don't know about all this stuff you're telling me. the tea i used to like was coloured black, hence it was not "red" tea, it was not "pink" tea, it's colour was black, therefore i call it black tea.. after all it's tea, and it's colour is black.. so it can't be anything but black tea right? see where i'm coming from?
but it's nice to know it's actually called red tea lmao
05.11.2008 - 17:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
But if black tea is called red tea, which is yellow tea called yellow? Makes no sense.

Anyway, I like tea the 'earl grey' way, and I'd like to try the earth-tasting tea. As for coffee, I like it since a month or two. I don't drink it regularly as I have no time in the morning and if I drink it after school, the amount of sleep i get are severely shortened.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.11.2008 - 17:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lucas on 05.11.2008 at 17:00

But if black tea is called red tea, which is yellow tea called yellow? Makes no sense.

Anyway, I like tea the 'earl grey' way, and I'd like to try the earth-tasting tea. As for coffee, I like it since a month or two. I don't drink it regularly as I have no time in the morning and if I drink it after school, the amount of sleep i get are severely shortened.

hahahah "earth-tasting" tea sounds like something that Dead(or whoever was it that buried his clothes in the earth to get all putrid and shit), he'd like it LMAO... the kvltest tea in the world! blacker than the blackest black metal, times infinity!!
05.11.2008 - 17:45
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Lucas on 05.11.2008 at 17:00

Mayb the reason is that the people in the West only know black(red) tea and green tea....most people outside China don't know bout the existance of other types of teas besides these available here and therefore they're ignorant that there already is a black tea which is very different from the tea they call black.....
06.05.2009 - 16:01
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've recently become slightly addicted to coffee.

My new job has like 7 different types of free coffee but the one I drink the most is this extra bold African shit called Sumatra, either black or with one mini moo. It's fucking good, but after like 5 cups of it during graveyard shift my stomach churns hardcore and I feel like taking a massive dump.

I hate tea, but I'll make chai tea at work just for the smell. After like 15 minutes I just throw it away lol.
09.09.2013 - 21:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.09.2013 - 17:13
Thrashette

Ummm, to those people arguing about black vs red tea years back.... Maybe it's different all over the world but every source I've ever checked and every person I've ever asked, including those who work in tea shops, said that oxidized tea leaves (like earl grey and english breakfast) are called black tea. Red tea refers to tea made of rooibos leaves. But of course there's some debate on whether rooibos (and all herbal teas) are technically classified as tea since they aren't made of the camellia sinesis plant.

And I'd drink Valhalla Java if my body could actually handle coffee
10.09.2013 - 22:04
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Thrashette on 10.09.2013 at 17:13

Ummm, to those people arguing about black vs red tea years back.... Maybe it's different all over the world but every source I've ever checked and every person I've ever asked, including those who work in tea shops, said that oxidized tea leaves (like earl grey and english breakfast) are called black tea. Red tea refers to tea made of rooibos leaves. But of course there's some debate on whether rooibos (and all herbal teas) are technically classified as tea since they aren't made of the camellia sinesis plant.

Black tea (like earl grey and english breakfast) are technically red tea or 红茶 (hongcha)... that's according to the Chinese who, after all, are the tea experts... the term black tea is applied to over-fermented teas such as 普洱 (pu'er) which can considerably darker than any earl grey (which is actually light reddish brown) not to speak of the considerably different taste and other features. Linguistically speaking though, yes, caucasians do use the term "black tea" for red tea while "red tea" refers to herbal teas made of red plants...

Yeh... I became a tea snob in Asia but now I'm a full-time coffee addict...

Gotta check out how to obtain this Valhalla blend now...
11.09.2013 - 21:22
no one
Account deleted
Brought some valerian root the other day, if ya make a strong brew it really is like a herbal benzo
12.09.2013 - 04:03
Mattybu

Maybe something like 3 years ago I used to drink seriously unhealthy amounts of coffee, it was awesome. I was like a crack addict with my money and the coffee they had at school, every day I scrounged together coffee money however I could and I was constantly peeling out of class to get a fresh pot. And drank a shit ton of it at lunch. Basically Dave Grohl is the reason I started drinking coffee. Those were the days man, sadly they are over now. Even when I used to be at that school, they changed the coffee to decaf, AKA you might as well go drink water.

I would drink coffee at home, and every now and then I do, but it's just not the same. There is just nothing quite like the rush of sitting in class, imagining how excellent a fresh pot would be, dipping out and scrounging some money together and making it happen. Not only that, but I actually had some serious energy from drinking so much coffee all the time. All good things must come to an end they say.

Also, the common myth that coffee stunts your growth is 100% bullshit. I was already tall and kept right on growing throughout the coffee days and well past them.
12.09.2013 - 05:12
Thrashette

Written by Ernis on 10.09.2013 at 22:04

Written by Thrashette on 10.09.2013 at 17:13

Black tea (like earl grey and english breakfast) are technically red tea or 红茶 (hongcha)... that's according to the Chinese who, after all, are the tea experts... the term black tea is applied to over-fermented teas such as 普洱 (pu'er) which can considerably darker than any earl grey (which is actually light reddish brown) not to speak of the considerably different taste and other features. Linguistically speaking though, yes, caucasians do use the term "black tea" for red tea while "red tea" refers to herbal teas made of red plants...

Yeh... I became a tea snob in Asia but now I'm a full-time coffee addict...

Gotta check out how to obtain this Valhalla blend now...

Strangely enough I used to wonder why black tea was called black even though it's red (or why white tea is called white when it's more like yellow)... I don't think I've ever tried pu'er, even though I used to drink like 10 cups of tea per day and went crazy trying all the different kinds at one point in my life. It appears that some of the tea shops around here actually do classify pu'er as black tea rather than putting it in a special category. Perhaps I'll try a cup next time I'm at a tea store. Is it expected to be drank with milk? People seem to think I'm weird for not even adding milk to english breakfast tea.
12.09.2013 - 10:06
no one
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 12.09.2013 at 04:03

Maybe something like 3 years ago I used to drink seriously unhealthy amounts of coffee, it was awesome. I was like a crack addict with my money and the coffee they had at school, every day I scrounged together coffee money however I could and I was constantly peeling out of class to get a fresh pot. And drank a shit ton of it at lunch. Basically Dave Grohl is the reason I started drinking coffee. Those were the days man, sadly they are over now. Even when I used to be at that school, they changed the coffee to decaf, AKA you might as well go drink water.

I would drink coffee at home, and every now and then I do, but it's just not the same. There is just nothing quite like the rush of sitting in class, imagining how excellent a fresh pot would be, dipping out and scrounging some money together and making it happen. Not only that, but I actually had some serious energy from drinking so much coffee all the time. All good things must come to an end they say.

Also, the common myth that coffee stunts your growth is 100% bullshit. I was already tall and kept right on growing throughout the coffee days and well past them.

have you quit the caffeine, if so how did you do it ? I have quit cigs and alcohol for years now, but the caffeine just won't leave me alone
12.09.2013 - 14:24
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Thrashette on 12.09.2013 at 05:12

Strangely enough I used to wonder why black tea was called black even though it's red (or why white tea is called white when it's more like yellow)... I don't think I've ever tried pu'er, even though I used to drink like 10 cups of tea per day and went crazy trying all the different kinds at one point in my life. It appears that some of the tea shops around here actually do classify pu'er as black tea rather than putting it in a special category. Perhaps I'll try a cup next time I'm at a tea store. Is it expected to be drank with milk? People seem to think I'm weird for not even adding milk to english breakfast tea.

You just reminded me this joke about white wine... White wine is the yellow beverage obtained by fermenting green grapes.

Pu'er is actually closer to black than the red ordinary black tea. The colour can be as dark as an espresso if you brew a strong one. However, the taste is not as bitter as that of an over-brewed red or green tea. I've understood that pu'er has a taste to be "acquired" because some seem to think it's either "tasteless" or tastes like mud or earth. It does have an earthy taste indeed but that's what makes it special.

Now that you asked me about milk then you probably know that Asians never add milk (nor sugar nor honey nor anything) to the "traditional tea"... Some of their tea varieties can be as revered and expensive as some exquisite cognacs or wines in the west. If you take a tea with a price of several hundred dollars per kilo then I imagine anyone would think twice before desecrating this with milk or sugar. It's like mixing some extra aged French cognac with wal-mart coke...

Of course, over-fermented black tea such as pu'er can actually be drunk with milk (unlike other teas). The Mongol and the Tibetans use such tea for making their greasy and salty butter tea (an acquired taste as well). Other than that, you never drink other types of tea with additives...

And... last but not least... Lipton is not tea : )
It's the debris brushed from the factory floor... my Chinese teacher said that green tea leftovers are great for cleaning the toil. Plus tea can be perishable (green tea is exceptionally perishable and should be kept in fridge) and the supermarkets that sell commercial brands (even within China) do not follow this... In fact... you should keep coffee in a fridge as well because there's a huge difference between a fresh and aromatic cup and one made of the stale bitter substance that's been on the shelf in the warm kitchen all summer long...
12.09.2013 - 16:22
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 12.09.2013 at 10:06

have you quit the caffeine, if so how did you do it ? I have quit cigs and alcohol for years now, but the caffeine just won't leave me alone

I wouldn't say I quit. I still drink coffee fairly often and sometimes pop with caffeine in it although lately I have been opting for water over that stuff cause it has dumb amounts of sugar in it. I definitely would have the self control to turn down a cup of coffee if I wanted to though. The biggest thing honestly was the coffee getting taken away from school. Limited me to one cup in the morning, and had no way to keep drinking more coffee at school once they stopped selling it. Which is when I realized wow, I was drinking too much coffee, so it is a good time to tone it down. So my advice to stop drinking coffee would be just try and not put yourself in situations where it's around. If you make it at home don't buy it or even walk down the coffee aisle at the store, and if you get it at shops just try and stay out of there. I'm sure you or anyone who drinks a lot will be fine without it.
12.09.2013 - 21:20
ANGEL REAPER

A roommate from my student dorm i was in 2 years ago drank 14 cups of coffee each day.That is a lot of coffee.
I drink no more than 3-4 cups a day.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
13.09.2013 - 04:54
Thrashette

Written by Ernis on 12.09.2013 at 14:24

You just reminded me this joke about white wine... White wine is the yellow beverage obtained by fermenting green grapes.

Pu'er is actually closer to black than the red ordinary black tea. The colour can be as dark as an espresso if you brew a strong one. However, the taste is not as bitter as that of an over-brewed red or green tea. I've understood that pu'er has a taste to be "acquired" because some seem to think it's either "tasteless" or tastes like mud or earth. It does have an earthy taste indeed but that's what makes it special.

Now that you asked me about milk then you probably know that Asians never add milk (nor sugar nor honey nor anything) to the "traditional tea"... Some of their tea varieties can be as revered and expensive as some exquisite cognacs or wines in the west. If you take a tea with a price of several hundred dollars per kilo then I imagine anyone would think twice before desecrating this with milk or sugar. It's like mixing some extra aged French cognac with wal-mart coke...

Of course, over-fermented black tea such as pu'er can actually be drunk with milk (unlike other teas). The Mongol and the Tibetans use such tea for making their greasy and salty butter tea (an acquired taste as well). Other than that, you never drink other types of tea with additives...

And... last but not least... Lipton is not tea : )
It's the debris brushed from the factory floor... my Chinese teacher said that green tea leftovers are great for cleaning the toil. Plus tea can be perishable (green tea is exceptionally perishable and should be kept in fridge) and the supermarkets that sell commercial brands (even within China) do not follow this... In fact... you should keep coffee in a fridge as well because there's a huge difference between a fresh and aromatic cup and one made of the stale bitter substance that's been on the shelf in the warm kitchen all summer long...

I looked at a catalog for one of the tea shops in my area. Most of the pu'er teas are blended with fruit, which sounds good. I do remember reading that a lot of Asian cultures consider it offensive if you add milk or sugar to the tea they serve you. Even a lot of coffee lovers say that you don't truly appreciate the taste if you're loading it up with milk and sugar. It annoys me how around here there's a coffee shop at just about every corner but tea shops are rare. Coffee shops will also have some tea, but it's usually the commercial brands or something that's only okay at best. Hmmm, no one's ever told me that tea should be kept in the fridge or that it can perish (at worst, they said it will get stale after a while), but it makes sense. Too bad I have so much tea that it'd probably take up my whole fridge...
13.09.2013 - 05:13
Thrashette

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 12.09.2013 at 21:20

A roommate from my student dorm i was in 2 years ago drank 14 cups of coffee each day.That is a lot of coffee.

I remember reading that even 3-4 cups of coffee is considered being addicted... Guess just about everyone's life is just a massive caffeine trip by that logic

As for my own relationship with coffee/caffeine... During my first year of university, I drank 2-3 cups of shitty instant coffee per day just because I was dependent on it to get work done and survive on a few hours of sleep per night. When the school term ended, I stopped drinking it almost immediately just because there was no purpose anymore. I decided to just sleep enough, manage time better, and drink tea instead. About a year later when life began to pick up, I tried drinking coffee again. It was just a small cup but it made me feel really sick. I looked up the symptoms I had (dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, heart racing, chest pain, getting really jittery and anxious), and apparently I either overdosed or am developing a caffeine allergy/intolerance. Even when I just have a few small sips, it upsets my stomach... So yeah, now I don't drink coffee except for the occasional decaf and I'm careful with green or black teas.
13.09.2013 - 11:28
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Bad English on 09.09.2013 at 21:40

I want this

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/zakk-wyldes-valhalla-java-odinforce-blend-coffee-now-available/

the funniest thing in this video is that dude on picture have a silver cross on his neck and speaks about Odin
nonetheless i kinda want this too ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
13.09.2013 - 11:45
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Coffee in early morning is really helpful otherwise I can't really get out of bed and get rid of being sleepy.
----
The Fangirl.
13.09.2013 - 11:48
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Thrashette on 13.09.2013 at 05:13

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 12.09.2013 at 21:20

I remember reading that even 3-4 cups of coffee is considered being addicted... Guess just about everyone's life is just a massive caffeine trip by that logic

3-4 addicted? well that is odd...anyway i have no problem with caffeine since i have pretty good resistance to chemicals/drugs... long story but my body can resist to caffeine a lot ...still i dont drink a lot of it since a too much of coffee is bad for digestion system (as for other systems as well).
----
13.09.2013 - 22:41
Thrashette

Written by angel. on 13.09.2013 at 11:45

Coffee in early morning is really helpful otherwise I can't really get out of bed and get rid of being sleepy.

I remember learning that once your body gets used to receiving caffeine at a certain time, it will begin preparing to work against it. That's why when people stop drinking coffee, they feel super tired around the time they're using to getting it and why if they keep drinking it at that time, they often end up needing more of it. I don't have problems getting out of bed without coffee or tea, but that's because I sleep early
16.09.2013 - 08:43
no one
Account deleted
Bought some Guana tea today for a coffee replacement. It is quite nice but doesn't give the same energy hit as a coffee, but that's probably because i have two sugars in my coffee. I read somewhere that it is the sugar that gives you the real bad come downs anyway.
16.09.2013 - 08:47
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Thrashette on 13.09.2013 at 22:41

I remember learning that once your body gets used to receiving caffeine at a certain time, it will begin preparing to work against it. That's why when people stop drinking coffee, they feel super tired around the time they're using to getting it and why if they keep drinking it at that time, they often end up needing more of it. I don't have problems getting out of bed without coffee or tea, but that's because I sleep early

Never heard of it but anyhow it works very well for me,even if I sleep early,I will have trouble with getting up early in the morning
----
The Fangirl.
16.09.2013 - 08:49
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Yeah, love the stuff.

too quote Mike Ditka in Kicking And Screaming, "Coffee is the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions. "
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
16.09.2013 - 10:17
no one
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 16.09.2013 at 08:49

Yeah, love the stuff.

too quote Mike Ditka in Kicking And Screaming, "Coffee is the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions. "

eh, haven't heard them in ages. If only i could live my life by the lyrics in songs...though often i do abide by "every thing sucks today"
16.09.2013 - 10:40
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by angel. on 16.09.2013 at 08:47

Written by Thrashette on 13.09.2013 at 22:41

Never heard of it but anyhow it works very well for me,even if I sleep early,I will have trouble with getting up early in the morning

You gotta have to work on your sleeping thing, you know. It might affect you lately.

I prefer Tea since I'm in India and here you can find lot of varieties in it. I've been to Assam and there i found seaload of tea varieties and it was amazing. Coffee is good for me when i'm killing my time in Math. When i use to crack "calculus and differential" questions, coffee helped me lot. It's a good aphrodisiac to crack math problems no matter where you are.

too quote Phil Weston in Kicking and Screaming, "I don't like coffee! It's a vasoconstrictor!".