01. Schwarzpfad I - First Snow
02. Schwarzpfad II - Universal Provenances
03. Schwarzpfad III - Forefather Of Hangmen
04. Schwarzpfad IV - Heil Ragnarök!
05. Schwarzpfad V - Cold Aurora

Guest review by
VloRD
Rating:
With Schwarzpfad, Kroda have released an album whose music will never go down in history as anything unique or ingenious. In fact it will never go down in history at all, because it replicates a string of many other albums which have become rampant in the black metal scene today. But the record does have a saving grace; it has a few lucrative traits which enable it to make a fairly sizable impact on the industry (and it really did).

Read more ››
published 26.01.2012 | Comments (0)

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 166 users
17.05.2011 - 17:48
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Evaluation of the demo I have heard
EDIT: Kroda's black metal elements are far more noticeable than ever. While at first the vocals may appear like a ghostly caricature of the vocals from the past records, songs like Universal Provenances prove that Kroda are once again at the top of the metal sphere. But perhaps the most interesting element of the record is the Led-Zeppelin-like drums and rock and roll kind of sound I hear as the base of it...I still can't describe this adequately enough, but it is certainly there for people to listen to. Kroda have absolutely MASTERED how to write songs; the riffs are catchy, the production is excellent, and the long songs are engrossing and intricate. And their ambient outro sends chills through my spine. I rarely indulge in emoticons, but... An awesome listen in all respects.
29.09.2011 - 06:52
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Oh man this album pales in comparison to stuff like Cry to me, River. What a disappointing listen.

Hits total: 6545 | This month: 8