Metal Storm logo
Best Death Metal Band (Excluding Death)

Original post

Posted by Nigel Peppercock, 28.04.2011 - 23:27
After seeing a similar post asking which people thought was the best death metal band, almost everyone responded "Death" So I'm wondering if Death was excluded, what would people pick instead.
06.05.2015 - 19:32
Guib
Thrash Talker
Can I throw in some Death/Thrash ? Because I prefer Death/Thrash to plain death... and If I do.. will I get flamed and
will people start arguing 'bout if whether or not I know what ''Death Metal'' is ? 'Cos I really don't want to start a pointless debate lol.

Anyways here would be my 10 picks for my favorites (TDM, Thrash DM, Oldschool DM)

1. Thanatos
2. Atheist
3. Death
4. Obituary
5. Morbid Angel
6. Messiah
7. Num Skull
8. Behemoth
9. Quo Vadis
10. Kataklysm

That's about that I guess.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.05.2015 - 19:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guib on 06.05.2015 at 19:32

Can I throw in some Death/Thrash ? Because I prefer Death/Thrash to plain death... and If I do.. will I get flamed and
will people start arguing 'bout if whether or not I know what ''Death Metal'' is ? 'Cos I really don't want to start a pointless debate lol.

Anyways here would be my 10 picks for my favorites (TDM, Thrash DM, Oldschool DM)

1. Thanatos
2. Atheist
3. Death
4. Obituary
5. Morbid Angel
6. Messiah
7. Num Skull
8. Behemoth
9. Quo Vadis
10. Kataklysm

Actually those first six I would call death even though death ended on a totally non death note and I Always seem to get into a word fight with Stephan of Thanatos concerning his band where I say it is death metal and calls it death thrash
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.05.2015 - 19:51
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.05.2015 at 19:47

Written by Guib on 06.05.2015 at 19:32

1. Thanatos
2. Atheist
3. Death
4. Obituary
5. Morbid Angel
6. Messiah
7. Num Skull
8. Behemoth
9. Quo Vadis
10. Kataklysm

Actually those first six I would call death even though death ended on a totally non death note and I Always seem to get into a word fight with Stephan of Thanatos concerning his band where I say it is death metal and calls it death thrash

Well I mean, all death has some influence in thrash anyways, but I would say that maybe Thanatos has firmer roots in it than most Death metal bands. Maybe that's why ? In the end I love the band no matter what people call them
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.05.2015 - 19:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guib on 06.05.2015 at 19:51

Well I mean, all death has some influence in thrash anyways, but I would say that maybe Thanatos has firmer roots in it than most Death metal bands. Maybe that's why ? In the end I love the band no matter what people call them

I would say the only album of theirs which has quite a bit of thrash in it would be their debut Emerging From The Netherworlds.
Albums such as Global Purification, Justified Genocide, Undead.Unholy.Divine, Angelic Encounters, and Realm Of Ecstacy are pure death metal
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.05.2015 - 19:57
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.05.2015 at 19:54

Written by Guib on 06.05.2015 at 19:51

I would say the only album of theirs which has quite a bit of thrash in it would be their debut Emerging From The Netherworlds.
Albums such as Global Purification, Justified Genocide, Undead.Unholy.Divine, Angelic Encounters, and Realm Of Ecstacy are pure death metal

Yeah, I guess you're probably right, which would explain why Emerging From The Netherworlds is the album I like the most XD.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.07.2015 - 02:37
DARKKUBAN
Vader
Cannibal Corpse
Morbid Angel
Suffocation
Nile
20.07.2015 - 06:41
DARKKUBAN
I thought Behemoth is black metal,sorry if i said something inappropiated;D
05.08.2015 - 23:34
Guib
Thrash Talker
For Deadone (I know its an old post but w/e)

1. I've always considered Gojira to be TDM but I can be wrong.
2. And you're right though, that Malevolant Creation song kicks ass.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
11.09.2015 - 14:21
TwistedShut
Decapitated
i think vogg as the best guitar tone ever and I like is riffing style
its like it manages to shine while remaining lifeless and yet mechanically precise.

They also have imo just the right amount of technicality so that it
entertains without overwhelming me. Best Song - The Fury
----
"insert signature here"
28.10.2015 - 19:49
Cavernous
Old Incantation and old=school=scandinavian=death=metal

PD: why the fuck "excluding Death"
28.11.2015 - 16:55
Sean 79
In no particular order....

Cannibal Corpse