Metal Storm logo
EBAY

Original post

Posted by Soliloquy, 17.09.2006 - 04:33
sure, i may have gotten tons of my guitar parts from there. and i got almost all of them in less than 2 weeks. so i was happy about that. my firends seem to love ebay, and they even buy cars from it. but idk, ebay has not been too kind to me. here is why:

other than my guitar stuff, ebay has been a bitch. my first cd that i got from ebay was 'boy hits car's self titled album. that was suppose to be in my hands in 2 weeks. it took about a month to get to my place. i wasnt all too mad about that. second cd i got from it was 'The Sins Of Thy Beloved's second album. that got to me in 3 weeks, even though it said 2 weeks. nothing for me to get TOO upset about that. 3rd cd was Haggard's 'Awaking the centuries'. that cd is over due. has been like that for the last 9 months. i contacted the seller a while back. and nothing. then my 4th cd was Haggards 'eppur si mouve'. yeah...8 months over due. same shit

yeah yeah, i should look at a customers ratings. well this 'e-shop' that i got the haggard cds from had soemthing like 99% positive feed back, and had over a million sales. so maybe 100 people out of a million gave the shop a positive feed back. if anything. yet here i am...still waiting for my damn order. not that i'm planing to see that order, like EVER. and i'm not really crying over the 10 bucks i lost. but still, the fuck?!

what are your stories with online shoping, or Ebay, Amazon and stuff.
22.09.2006 - 02:18
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I think they don't cumulate according to how many, but instead it is based on the total amount of users who have, for example: one person leaves 3 positive feedbacks and your count is one, or at least I think that's how it works DC...
23.09.2006 - 11:18
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
cool thats probably right, thanks man.
23.09.2006 - 11:33
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Or perhaps that those 9 positive feedbacks that are not stars, are from such long ago, they don't count anymore. I don't know.

@Damnated. I think it would be in all cases of that seller, as he was more a shop than a seller. I'm not sure though.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.09.2006 - 22:26
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
It will all depend with whom you make transactions and the details of how the items are shipped. Fortunately I have not had any problems (except some minor delays) when I have bought albums through eBay. If you have a little of patience it is all right.
----
Christless
24.09.2006 - 00:21
Lupas
Maximus
well today i have made my first purchase . i have bought an album called Earth Magick from UNSHINE . Well this is an experiment to see how fast and reasonable is this ebay .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
24.09.2006 - 11:43
Vakshay
Account deleted
How fast and reasonable depends on the actual seller, as eBay is merely a network of many thousands of sellers. Generally you'll find it's pretty reliable.
At first I thought it was just a place people sold overpiced baseball cards and assorted trash, however I soon realised it has a huge range of items you generally can't find anywhere else. I often like to type in a band such as 'Burzum' into the search function, where it comes up with a huge list of items, and then see which ones are most expensive. You can find some really awesome rare material.
29.09.2006 - 00:52
Soliloquy
aright, this is a different question...if you do buy albums from EBAY...who really is making the money? i mean these E-stores sell the cds for 5 bucks, if any. i saw that Megadeth album 'peace sells...but whos buying?' album for 99 cents(ofcouse it was up for bid. but some dude bough the album for 2 bucks). who really is making money? i know buying from the retail stores gives the band about 3% of the total sales, if anything. most if it goes to other people. but with ebay, a cd worth 5 bucks cant really do much good to anyone...can it?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
29.09.2006 - 10:31
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Soliloquy on 29.09.2006 at 00:52

aright, this is a different question...if you do buy albums from EBAY...who really is making the money? i mean these E-stores sell the cds for 5 bucks, if any. i saw that Megadeth album 'peace sells...but whos buying?' album for 99 cents(ofcouse it was up for bid. but some dude bough the album for 2 bucks). who really is making money? i know buying from the retail stores gives the band about 3% of the total sales, if anything. most if it goes to other people. but with ebay, a cd worth 5 bucks cant really do much good to anyone...can it?

If you buy 'new' from an ebay shop it is the same as buying from any shop.
The shop will have paid the supplier for the cd , so the money wil be paid in the normal way.
A portion of the price of a cd is profit for the shop it iis sold in - ebay shops can make a smaller profit per cd because they do not have the outgoings of a normal shop.

If you are buying 'used' cds the money will go to the seller - obviously the cd has at some point come from a supplier who has been paid .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
15.10.2006 - 09:21
Lupas
Maximus
Hey, i just tought that it would be a good idea if we give the frequent sellers for music . This could be a good start for the ebay newbie

I recently used ebay so i have one seller that is called metalpinss
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
21.10.2006 - 05:32
FOOCK Nam
I heard from a dude that he could earn money from Ebay, that induce me, and I begun learning about Ebay. And eventually I got dissappointed that Ebay dont accept money working on internet from my country.
21.10.2006 - 17:17
Lupas
Maximus
Written by FOOCK Nam on 21.10.2006 at 05:32

I heard from a dude that he could earn money from Ebay, that induce me, and I begun learning about Ebay. And eventually I got dissappointed that Ebay dont accept money working on internet from my country.

Yes you can eran money from ebay But the problem is the paypal method system. If you don't know what is this, well in a simple words it is a method to transfer money from a card to another card . But it does not been recognized in most of the countries
----
21.10.2006 - 18:29
FOOCK Nam
Written by Lupas on 21.10.2006 at 17:17

Yes you can eran money from ebay But the problem is the paypal method system. If you don't know what is this, well in a simple words it is a method to transfer money from a card to another card . But it does not been recognized in most of the countries

Yeah, I heard a about paypal, and once closely to use it. Is Ebay of Money working available in your country?
21.10.2006 - 20:11
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
ive had nothing but good experiences with ebay so far. just a note for people considering selling items, try and sell a lot of stuff at once rather than keep putting up a few items. if you put up a few hundred items and say that people can combine shipping, then they'll check your other listed items and you'll get a lot more bids.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
21.10.2006 - 23:55
Lupas
Maximus
Written by FOOCK Nam on 21.10.2006 at 18:29

Written by Lupas on 21.10.2006 at 17:17

Yeah, I heard a about paypal, and once closely to use it. Is Ebay of Money working available in your country?

Well it is getting quite popular . Most of teenagers got to buy many cheap things like mp3 .mp4 and other stuff like that. They are very cheapl consider that a same brand of mp3 one's bought it for 100+ euros from a local shop, while other onto ebay bought it for just 10euros
----
26.10.2006 - 06:57
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I remember a story from some years ago about a seller on Ebay who was selling an air guitar. his selling point was that it has been across the world and has seen many famous bands during its travels.
I forget accurately how much he was selling the air guitar for but im pretty sure it was around $50-110. Of course I don't know whether or not he was able to sell it but I just think thats a cool thing to sell. And considering the stupidity of humans it wouldn't suprise me if he did sell it.
04.11.2006 - 03:39
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.10.2006 at 06:57

I remember a story from some years ago about a seller on Ebay who was selling an air guitar. his selling point was that it has been across the world and has seen many famous bands during its travels.
I forget accurately how much he was selling the air guitar for but im pretty sure it was around $50-110. Of course I don't know whether or not he was able to sell it but I just think thats a cool thing to sell. And considering the stupidity of humans it wouldn't suprise me if he did sell it.

Wouldn't you be referring to a minority there? not all of us are that stupid as to buying an air guitar on ebay.:nono:
07.11.2006 - 04:11
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
True, but i always believe in the old saying "There is a buyer for everything".
24.12.2006 - 15:16
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
http://www.tiny.cc/EJP8y

i almost bought this for 10 euros just 2 weeks ago! damn. wish i had.

EDIT: also this is pretty steep http://www.tiny.cc/dqkUU . but not as bad as the original copy of pure fucking armageddon which went for almost $1000
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
27.12.2006 - 04:57
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
There's one thing I hate about Christmas, it slows down ebay by 100%, no activity whatsoever.

If only people could continue like normal with their sales.
17.02.2007 - 15:43
Markku
Account deleted
Written by Dark Cornatus on 22.09.2006 at 01:24

Does anyone understand the star count properly? My score is 54, but it says i have recieved 63 positive feedbacks atogether? Shouldnt my score therfore be 63?

I think it migth have something to do with buying several items from the same seller/buyer, s/he leaves feedback for each of the sold/bought items but one is counted.
17.02.2007 - 23:31
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Guest on 17.02.2007 at 15:43

Written by Dark Cornatus on 22.09.2006 at 01:24

Does anyone understand the star count properly? My score is 54, but it says i have recieved 63 positive feedbacks atogether? Shouldnt my score therfore be 63?

I think it migth have something to do with buying several items from the same seller/buyer, s/he leaves feedback for each of the sold/bought items but one is counted.

Yes - that is correct .
You only get a star for the first thing you buy from a seller - after that you get the feedback but not another star.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
26.12.2007 - 10:57
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
where would we be without eBay? like seriously, where? great source for random items for usually great prices...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
28.12.2007 - 16:55
Lupas
Maximus
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 26.12.2007 at 10:57

where would we be without eBay? like seriously, where? great source for random items for usually great prices...

Yeah , ebay become a part of my daily click
But still there are many problems regards taxes and so many related things . If these taxes will be ban from internet will be a better . For example i can buy an item which i find in US , which is cheaper , but when that item gets in EU i must pay huge taxes cause that item is from oustside EU. Thus this item will be higher than the marked price. It is not fair
----
12.08.2008 - 06:10
Oracle
Orcinus
I always use eBay now, Its a great site for buying and selling items whether they are brand new or second hand etc. Ive bought alot of clothes of eBay and ive been pleased with the prices and the shipping would be really fast everytime. bought a few DVD's and CD's too for amazing prices. I even won a brand new digital TV antenna for $5 and the postage was $19, so i was pretty happy with that