08. Born Undead
09. Sewn Into One
10. Bludgeoned And Brained
11. Sadistic Gratification
12. Spill My Blood

Staff review by
wormdrink414
Rating:
In case you don't remember, Morbid Angel released an album not long ago. People waited and waited for it, then, a good majority by the looks of it, felt burned when it came out. Burned and then, by the looks of it, sodomized. And then, by the looks of it, sodomized again.

Well, people waited and waited for this to come out too. But, unlike with Illud Divium Insanus, when this came out no Downfall, Hitler-bitching video was made for it. No RIP comments appeared under the youtube videos for this album. The death metal fanboys seem fairly pleased. As they should be. This is a solid death metal album by pretty much all standards. It's br00tal, mucky, and performed well.

Read more ››
published 20.07.2011 | Comments (18)

Guest review by
Veil of Maya
Rating:
After 16 long years of waiting, the Autopsy death machine is finally back doing what they do best: making the purest, most sadistic, gore-filled metal. If I'm honest, this was probably THE album which I was waiting for this year ever since I read the first annunciation back in summer 2010. And let me tell you, Macabre Eternal was worth waiting for!

Read more ››
published 24.09.2011 | Comments (0)

Found in 16 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 17   Visited by: 475 users
07.05.2011 - 16:52
JoelSkullcat

Ive been waiting for this album for a year and a half. i think its gonna be amazing
07.05.2011 - 22:28
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Heard one song off it... Fucking killer, can't wait for this! Gonna end up being album of the year for sure.
18.05.2011 - 13:58
garmling
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 07.05.2011 at 22:28

Heard one song off it... Fucking killer, can't wait for this! Gonna end up being album of the year for sure.

well it had all the potential to be album of the year until the last two songs spit out of my stereo...Sadistic Gratification and Spill My Blood are two worst songs Autopsy ever wrote, and together they are more than 15 minutes long!!! and why Eric Cutler needs to sing on 3 songs (these two included)? His voice suck, like some Abscess/Impetigo mouth shitting....
20.05.2011 - 01:39
RobHalford

Written by Guest on 18.05.2011 at 13:58

well it had all the potential to be album of the year until the last two songs spit out of my stereo...Sadistic Gratification and Spill My Blood are two worst songs Autopsy ever wrote, and together they are more than 15 minutes long!!! and why Eric Cutler needs to sing on 3 songs (these two included)? His voice suck, like some Abscess/Impetigo mouth shitting....

I'm of the opposite opinion regarding the last two songs. I think they're brilliant and fit in seamlessly with Autopsy's gore-heavy style.

Regardless, this album is brilliant, festering, doomy death metal. It definitely didn't disappoint.
23.05.2011 - 01:35
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Great album!
29.05.2011 - 04:45
Rating: 10
toXic_waLtz

The return of the juggernauts of death metal in-fucking-deed. Autopsy has yet again put out another album that envelopes the ears in eerie, seducing, catchy death metal music. The torturoues wait was damn well worth it. Every song has it's own unique structure that makes it precious with every listening. Lyrics are still the good old fashion Chris Reifert horror gore topics. Eric Cutler and Danny Corales can still summon the catchy, darkened tones and riffs that brought us into the world of Autopsy's music. And the bass player Joe Trevisano has done a good job incorporating his bass playing. It warms my heart to say the AUTOPSY IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!
10.06.2011 - 12:11
garmling
Account deleted
Well Autopsy is and will be one of my all time favorite bands...but I must say this album is sorta let down for me...but nevertheless it's still a decent and some of the songs are killers!!!
18.06.2011 - 16:31
Rating: 7
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Some good moments, some bad moments. An excellent album overall for fans of the band and old school grimy death metal in general.

For newcomers I'd recommend their back catalog, however. There's much to be learned from Mental Funeral.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.06.2011 - 23:03
Rating: 8
Veil of Maya

Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.06.2011 at 16:31

Some good moments, some bad moments. An excellent album overall for fans of the band and old school grimy death metal in general.

For newcomers I'd recommend their back catalog, however. There's much to be learned from Mental Funeral.

I never understood the obsession with Metnal Funeral among Autopsy fans, I think their first album was pure death but the second one leans more to a crossover genre (Death/Doom). Could you explain to me why MF is generally considered better than say, Severed Survival?
28.06.2011 - 23:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
The problem I have with it is that it's too long and a bit too slick sounding.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.06.2011 - 23:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.06.2011 at 23:07

Haven't heard it that much. But I believe the last song is kind of filler. They could have ended the album nicely with the long track, Sadistic Gratification.

I like the sound though. One of the best comebacks I've heard in Death Metal. No bullshit clear Death Metal.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.06.2011 - 23:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.06.2011 at 23:12

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.06.2011 at 23:07

Haven't heard it that much. But I believe the last song is kind of filler. They could have ended the album nicely with the long track, Sadistic Gratification.

I like the sound though. One of the best comebacks I've heard in Death Metal. No bullshit clear Death Metal.

Don't get me wrong, in general I think it's a good album but could have better had it been shortwer and had it sounded grimier and more evil.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.06.2011 - 23:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.06.2011 at 23:19

Don't get me wrong, in general I think it's a good album but could have better had it been shortwer and had it sounded grimier and more evil.

I understand... I personally don't know any death metal albums that are over one hour long and are also classics. Taking about 15 minutes of filler and a bit more of a raw production and it would have been a masterpiece straight from the first half of the 90's
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.06.2011 - 23:41
Rating: 7
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Veil of Maya on 28.06.2011 at 23:03

Could you explain to me why MF is generally considered better than say, Severed Survival?

Possibly because it feels more developed, like the band achieved exactly what they wanted to. The atmosphere is so much more dark and the suffocating density completely submerges the listener. I think the average metal fan looks for something with that kind of complexity. Severed Survival, although incredible in its own right as a classic death metal album, is just more simple.

Regardless, it comes down to a matter of tastes.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.06.2011 - 23:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Ive just finished listening to this, and I agree with a lot of people saying it is too long but... it's still a dirty, rotting sounding, vicious as hell album that manages to be that very rare thing of being amazingly brutal, but also surprisingly musical, and not just a load of noise. The best songs on this album would be considered death metal classics now had they been written in the early 90's. Autopsy still manage to give me the heebie jeebies even after all these years, with their horror-filled assault! A great, if slightly overlong album, but it's great to hear Autopsy again, and they havent mellowed out one bit. xD
01.02.2013 - 19:54
nille

When listening to Autopsy Bnd several year absence with a new album comes again I was very happy. (Not just me, "I think all death metal fans happy).
*Autopsy * have always been the best ... This excellent and always kept himself.....
01.02.2013 - 20:01
nille

Chris Reifert has a good position in the world of death metal .....

I love Chris .......

Hits total: 14328 | This month: 17