Metal Storm logo
Malevolent Creation

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 18.09.2006 - 00:59
No topic yet,well there should be,they are one of the better death metal groups.I purchased their greatest hits finally,yesterday,I couldn't find any of their first 3 albums in stores,I believe they are out of print.It has 6 of 9 songs off "Retribution",so I wont need to buy it.The song "Slaughter Of Innocence" is a kick ass death song,I love hearing Brett Hoffman say "Die Motherfucker!".It suprising to me that they dont get credit,cuz they have some really heavy and memorable riffs.After hearing their greatest hits,i'm hooked on it.So what are your thoughts on them?
02.06.2007 - 16:21
Sunioj

Written by Guest on 22.03.2007 at 23:22

Written by Mega-Slayer on 21.03.2007 at 01:28

Written by Guest on 21.03.2007 at 00:59

Malevolent Creation is awesome. My favorite song is "They Breed", even if the lyrics are a bit questionable.

Yeah it is my second favorite song on "Eternal","Blood Brothers" is the best,but I dont really look at the lyrics in a racial way.

Jason was never a racist. He has lots of African friends as a matter of fact. He uses the "n" word to describe anyone who he dislikes.

No your right about that, I read a few interviews of them...Jason also said that he never uses the n word as a derogatory word for black people, but for people he generally dislikes. I think also remember an instance where a song sparked some tension and some retards spray painted anti-racist slogans on his studio or apt. wall.
03.06.2007 - 05:07
scskowron
War Paladin
Written by kackbratze on 23.03.2007 at 13:03

Written by Guest on 21.03.2007 at 00:59

Malevolent Creation is awesome. My favorite song is "They Breed", even if the lyrics are a bit questionable.

Yeah, this song is also my favourite song. At least from "Eternal"... Malevolent Creation are good, but "The Ten Commandments" is excellent, their best work imho...

Honestly don't see how that can be your favorite song. Personally I love No Salvation....it's got a killer riff about three minutes into it that really gets in your head.
03.06.2007 - 05:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
My favorite song by them is Rebirth of Terror. That song is so fucking fast and energetic.
03.06.2007 - 09:05
Southern Wind
Account deleted
When I listened to The Tenth Commandments I enjoyed it as fuck, it was awesome straight-to-vein, stunning death/thrash, but somehow I never wanted to listen again...
03.06.2007 - 13:46
kackbratze

Written by scskowron on 03.06.2007 at 05:07

Honestly don't see how that can be your favorite song. Personally I love No Salvation....it's got a killer riff about three minutes into it that really gets in your head.

Well, nowadays I'm of the opinion that the best Malevolent Creation work is "The Ten Commandments", "The Fine Art of Murder" and maybe "Warkult". The other albums are rather boring and unilateral to me. I can't say that for "Envenomed" or "The Will to Kill" though because I haven't listened to them yet.
04.06.2007 - 00:33
Nazeef

RETRIBUTION is one of my favorite Brutal Death Metal Album....James Murfy played a solo on it.
Malevolent Creation, Cannibal Corpse and Mortician: the ultimate best Brutal Death Bands!!!
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
25.07.2007 - 05:01
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Dudes....have you heard their new album yet?!? It's fucking good. Dave Culross plays crazy fast and there are a ton of geetar solos. It's way better than Warkult, which I found to be seriously average. I just wish that Brett would do some more low and high screams, even though there are badass low vocals on the last song.
25.07.2007 - 08:34
Mega-Slayer

^^^ I actually dont own it yet, like what I heard though. I sound like a bad MC fan, I claim to be a big fan, and I dont have it. I just usually dont buy new albums from veteran bands, but I will probably get it soon.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
26.07.2007 - 17:20
Endbringer
Account deleted
Brett Hoffman rules
26.07.2007 - 22:28
Infurnace

I've heard one song from the new album, and it sounds really good, so i'll check out the rest of the album soon.
07.09.2007 - 06:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
nooooooooo Dave Culross left Malevolent Creation again! source

I knew it was going to happen though, because Tony Laureano was supposed to be on Doomsday X, until he dropped off at the last minute to tour with other bands.
11.09.2007 - 01:33
Cut-Throat

I cant believe dave culross has left the band again! He was a machine and is one of my favourite drummers! He's the best drummer malevolent creation have had!
11.09.2007 - 08:44
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Bad bad bad bad news.
11.09.2007 - 23:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yes, it does really suck, but think of it as a good thing - Dave Culross is going to probably help other bands out, so maybe he'll be like Ralph Santolla and help juice up some other bands. He's one of my favorite drummers, so it is sad to see him leave though.

Anyways, I just got Eternal in the mail today and it's fucking awesome. Dave's drumming is savage as usual, but this album seems to have more varying tempos than the other albums I'm used to.
16.09.2007 - 07:32
Mega-Slayer

Bad fucking news for sure! I hope they recruit someone as inhuman as him, though they have already had most of the best drummers. Also Pyro, I definitley enjoy the drumming on "Eternal" main thing that hooked me at first, now I have gotten used to Jay's vocals. What do you thnk of the opening of "Blood Brothers"?
----

17.09.2007 - 01:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Mega-Slayer on 16.09.2007 at 07:32

Bad fucking news for sure! I hope they recruit someone as inhuman as him, though they have already had most of the best drummers. Also Pyro, I definitley enjoy the drumming on "Eternal" main thing that hooked me at first, now I have gotten used to Jay's vocals. What do you thnk of the opening of "Blood Brothers"?

It definitely sounds different. I just really like the part where the double bass comes in
24.09.2007 - 07:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
what the fuck...now Jason Blachowitz isn't in the band anymore either. If you guys haven't checked Blabbermouth out yet (I'm sure White Winter Sun has), they reported that they have already found replacements for Dave and Jason, who will be mentioned soon...
24.09.2007 - 20:41
Cut-Throat

no disrespect to the band they are one of my favourite bands but by fuck they change there line up all the time it gets annoying and confusing. i wonder who will leave the band tomorrow! Phil Fascina Is The only original member that has been in the band since the 1st album and not left at anytime.
24.09.2007 - 22:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yeah that's true. As long as they continue to make consistent albums with Phil, I don't care who else is on it. I wish Dave was still in though...
25.09.2007 - 08:51
Mega-Slayer

I definitely agree with you Cut-Throat. I get the feeling that Phil is similar to Dave Mustaine or something? First Jay and Phil were fed up with Brett, now its seems to be the other way around, hell Brett has left the band twice and now so has Dave. Weird thing is their myspace page hasn't change? Usually its their ego's, but maybe its other projects? Jay has Divine Empire, and Dave has played with many, maybe he got a better offer?
----

25.09.2007 - 20:31
Cut-Throat

Dave Culross And Jay have started a new band with old MC voclaist Kyle Simmons details here

http://www.drummerszone.com/news/newsItem.php?n01ID=5276&type=1
26.09.2007 - 06:25
Mega-Slayer

Written by Cut-Throat on 25.09.2007 at 20:31

Dave Culross And Jay have started a new band with old MC voclaist Kyle Simmons details here

http://www.drummerszone.com/news/newsItem.php?n01ID=5276&type=1

Hmmm, that was unexpected? I don't like Kyle's voice at all, so I don't think I will like the music. They must've left the band on bad terms or something?
----

24.01.2009 - 03:43
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I recently got a physical copy of "Warkult", and I'm currently interested in purchasing some of their early work, starting with their debut and heading off from there.
05.07.2009 - 02:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Shit, according to Blabbermouth, Phil was involved in a real-life shooting:

Quote:
Guitarist Phil Fasciana of long-running Florida death metallers MALEVOLENT CREATION was reportedly involved in a bizarre shootout at a convenient store in his hometown of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. According Fasciana, he pulled into a small store at around 3:00 p.m. Friday afternoon (July 3) to get something to drink and walked right into a robbery in progress. "I went in this little store on my way home to get a chocolate milk, of all things, and little did I know, I was walking into a life-or-death situation," he says. "When I walked into the store, I did not notice anyone else in the store until someone started screaming at me and pointed a gun at me. I nearly shit myself, because the dude looked wacked out of his mind and fired four shots directly at me and I went down to the ground because I thought I was surely shot. After about 30 seconds, I realized I was not hit at all and the shooter thought I was dead or injured and started attacking the store worker when I snuck up behind the burglar and talked [to] him and took the gun out of his hands and told him to get out of the store. He then reached in his sock and pulled another gun out and pointed it at me and that's when I fired two shots into his head, killing him instantly!

"Never in my life has anything so twisted happened to me before and I would like to forget it ever happened, but I had no other choice. Lucky for me, the stupid crackhead burglar had the worst aim in the world and missed me with all four shots from about 10 feet away! Needless to say, all charges have been dropped and the store owner has offered me a lifetime of chocolate milk! Ha Ha!

"I have been in some scary situations before, but having someone shoot out you from that close and miss is a fucking miracle and I have no remorse for killing the assailant who tried to take my life and the store owner's.

"I gotta move out of this town!! I have enough problems as it is!!

"I am very lucky and could easily be dead at this moment, but I'm not and I'm gearing up for our Mexican, South American and European headlining tour which start at the end of July.

"I would like to put this behind me and not talk about it anymore. It was the most fucked up thing I have ever been involved with, besides my ex-girlfriend!!"

UPDATE: According to Phil, the entire incident was captured on the store's surveillance video, but the police has yet to release the tape.
23.09.2009 - 18:42
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Great band and great on stage as well. 2 october again
24.09.2009 - 11:23
Robstar

Great Gringo band! jaja! Dude lets do some ''multiple stab wounds'' to anyone who does not like this band... actually they'll be performing down here in Costa Rica next month... I already have my entrance... jajaj... Malevolent Rocks!
----
Nothing is unreacheable
10.03.2011 - 08:21
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Finally, I found this thread... Just needed to show my love for the best Death Fucking Metal band on the planet! These guys have to be one of the most consistend band ever, releasing 11 albums, none of which can be called failures. A classic band thats been in the scene for years, but never recieved as much attention as they deserve. I'm listening to Stillborn right now- Apparently some people say this album is a let down? Well after fucking Retribution, any album would be a let down, but this is still great.
20.12.2011 - 18:04
zero

Malevolent Creation will take part to the Sounds Of Extreme Tour 2012

Event Link

with:

Krisiun
Vital Remains
Pestifer
Karnak
Truth Corroded
Erebos
Hatesower