Metal Storm logo
Malevolent Creation

18.09.2006 - 00:59
Mega-Slayer

No topic yet,well there should be,they are one of the better death metal groups.I purchased their greatest hits finally,yesterday,I couldn't find any of their first 3 albums in stores,I believe they are out of print.It has 6 of 9 songs off "Retribution",so I wont need to buy it.The song "Slaughter Of Innocence" is a kick ass death song,I love hearing Brett Hoffman say "Die Motherfucker!".It suprising to me that they dont get credit,cuz they have some really heavy and memorable riffs.After hearing their greatest hits,i'm hooked on it.So what are your thoughts on them?
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
18.09.2006 - 01:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Malevolent Creation is yet another great band from the NYDM scene. I was really looking forward on hearing Tony Laureano play drums for them on the new cd, but for some reason he wasn't able to.
18.09.2006 - 02:30
CianideDeath
Account deleted
MC are on my favourites. This is one of the bands that the Death Metal community absolutely adores or utterly despises.
18.09.2006 - 03:06
Mega-Slayer

Written by Guest on 18.09.2006 at 02:30

MC are on my favourites. This is one of the bands that the Death Metal community absolutely adores or utterly despises.

Do you mean that from the fans point of view or the the other death bands?Cuz I read some other death metal bands called MC nothing more than a sped-up thrash group,wich is dumb.
----

18.09.2006 - 08:17
CianideDeath
Account deleted
Fans
18.09.2006 - 23:27
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
I love these guys....Warkult slays.
19.09.2006 - 02:27
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I definitely love Malevolent Creation's work. My favorite album would have to be "Warkult".
19.09.2006 - 09:37
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I have three of their albums...In cold blood, Manifestation and Conquering South America...first one I actually bought...it was basically during a time when I left prog for death metal temporarily and I just wanted more and that's the kinda band that Malevolent Creation (at least for me) is...more of the same if you want...it's good consistant stuff...
28.10.2006 - 07:32
Mega-Slayer

I now own both "Eternal" and "Retribution",they are both magnificent slabs of death metal,while "Eternal" is good,"Retribution" is great,I had heard every track,but "No Flesh Shall Be Spared",Coronation Of Our Domain" and "Systematic Execution",and they should've been included on the greatest hits.While I haven't heard every track from every album,I think its safe to say "Retribution" is MC finest hour.Also Dave Culross kills on drums,I hadn't heard his playing till today,well at least not on "Blood Brothers",the double-bass sounds in-humane.
----

01.11.2006 - 07:39
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i have only heard 2 albums but i can say they r amazing, i heard ten commandments and warkult, i'm really looking forward to hear more about them...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
03.12.2006 - 18:24
Wo0dy
Account deleted
what album would you recommend?
03.12.2006 - 22:02
Mega-Slayer

Well I say start with their first two "Ten Commandments" and "Retribution",timless death metal classics,full of awesome riffs,drumming and an intense vocal performances by the late great Brett Hoffmann.Their new album "Doomsday X" should be out soon,cant wait it will have Brett on vocals and jason blachowicz on bass,a return to their classic line-up.I should also mention that you'll have to get those albums online,since they are out of print in the usa.
----

04.12.2006 - 00:01
theflyingmachine

I bought the best of Malevolent Creation by roadrunner, and enjoyed it for about the first week or so. Then, it got old VERY quickly, and I can't say I like them much at all anymore.
09.01.2007 - 01:01
Stigmatized
Great band. Not sure which album I like best, I'm torn between "Eternal and "Retribution". All of their work is good though.
09.01.2007 - 01:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm still waiting on their new album to be released...don't really know what's going on with it.

Recently, I've been pretty attached to The Will To Kill. I've noticed that my guinea pig likes to slightly nod her head up and down while I play that album too. I don't blame her.
09.01.2007 - 05:30
Mega-Slayer

Written by Stigmatized on 09.01.2007 at 01:01

Great band. Not sure which album I like best, I'm torn between "Eternal and "Retribution". All of their work is good though.

Yeah I myself enjoy "Eternal" alot more than I used to,"Blood Brothers" has a very nice drum intro,Dave's double-bass almost sounds as fast as Pete Sandoval.
----

09.01.2007 - 23:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Dave Culross has to be one of the most underrated drummers in death metal. That guy has awesome timing and I like the variation he has with his footwork. I especially enjoy his drumming on Suffocation's Despise the Sun.
10.01.2007 - 21:56
Sunioj

What I thought was pretty cool, on retribution there is a song against the usage of crack! ( monster )
11.01.2007 - 00:36
Mega-Slayer

Written by Sunioj on 10.01.2007 at 21:56

What I thought was pretty cool, on retribution there is a song against the usage of crack! ( monster )

Hey now that you say that it makes sense.What's funny though is in the booklet of Retribution it says-"A friend with weed,is a friend indeed" So they aren't totally against drugs.Bret probably wrote that,being he was a drug addict around that time,The whole album seems to be about crimes,violence and corruption.Also I finally got around to writing a review for "Retribution" so check it out guys.
----

15.01.2007 - 04:09
Mega-Slayer

http://www.sickdrummer.com/
If you guys go here you can check out how the recording sessions are going with MC's "Doomsday X",pretty sweet.
----

19.03.2007 - 23:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Have any of you guys heard Conquering South America? I listened to one song the other day and it was energetic as fuck. I can't remember which song it was, but it's on The Will to Kill, I believe, and it sounded so much better live. I'm debating on buying it...
20.03.2007 - 00:17
Stigmatized
I could have swore I had it downloaded, but seems not. I really want to hear it now.
21.03.2007 - 00:59
Stuff1056
Account deleted
Malevolent Creation is awesome. My favorite song is "They Breed", even if the lyrics are a bit questionable.
21.03.2007 - 01:28
Mega-Slayer

Written by Guest on 21.03.2007 at 00:59

Malevolent Creation is awesome. My favorite song is "They Breed", even if the lyrics are a bit questionable.

Yeah it is my second favorite song on "Eternal","Blood Brothers" is the best,but I dont really look at the lyrics in a racial way.
----

22.03.2007 - 20:42
Cut-Throat

this band is brilliant! huge credit to death metal! i saw them live the other week and they where an unstoppable force! and they played my favourite song "stillborn" which was also great
22.03.2007 - 20:45
Cut-Throat

this band is brilliant! huge credit to death metal! i saw them live the other week and they where an unstoppable force! and they played my favourite song "stillborn" which was also great
22.03.2007 - 23:22
Stuff1056
Account deleted
Written by Mega-Slayer on 21.03.2007 at 01:28

Yeah it is my second favorite song on "Eternal","Blood Brothers" is the best,but I dont really look at the lyrics in a racial way.

Jason was never a racist. He has lots of African friends as a matter of fact. He uses the "n" word to describe anyone who he dislikes.
23.03.2007 - 00:04
Mega-Slayer

Written by Cut-Throat on 22.03.2007 at 20:42

That's awesome,your lucky,I am eager to see them in the US.
----

23.03.2007 - 13:03
kackbratze

Yeah, this song is also my favourite song. At least from "Eternal"... Malevolent Creation are good, but "The Ten Commandments" is excellent, their best work imho...
02.06.2007 - 06:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just heard two songs from their Conquering South America live album, and they were the most energetic songs my ears have ever come across. Anyone else into that album?