03. Your Heaven, My Underworld
04. Interludium
05. To The Gallows
06. The Wounded And The Dying
07. One With The Sea (Part II)
08. Like Atlas

Additional info
Recorded in 2011 at El Pato Studio.
Mixed and mastered at Enhanced Audio Productions by Ronnie Björnström.

Staff review by
BitterCOld
Rating:
If you had a beer for every year it has been since Officium Triste released an album, you'd have consumed a six pack, which is about 2/3 of what each Marcel and I put down when we met up in Amsterdam and we spent a good chunk of time talking about how great this release was.

The Dutch death-doomsters are back and sounding better than ever.

Read more ››
published 10.04.2013 | Comments (13)

Found in 30 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 43   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 388 users
09.05.2011 - 19:42
Rating: 10
lord artan
Big surprise!!!!!!!!!
10.05.2011 - 18:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by lord artan on 09.05.2011 at 19:42

Big surprise!!!!!!!!!

why?

I am confident it is going to a great album.
They will be playing a new song this coming Saturday at Dordrecht Doom Day.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.05.2011 - 19:53
Rating: 8
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2011 at 18:34

Big surprise!!!!!!!!!

why?

Can you get us a video of it
I am eagerly waiting for this and I am 'like you' almost sure it will sound great
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
13.05.2011 - 14:05
Rating: 10
lord artan
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2011 at 18:34

Big surprise!!!!!!!!!

why?

my means is a big and best surprise this year and i am sure about that.sure it is a great album
26.01.2012 - 19:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
When it will be out?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.04.2012 - 22:58
hexmoth
Waitinggggg
11.01.2013 - 10:31
Rating: 9
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
The new track they put up, 'The Wounded And The Dying', is absolutely fantastic!

Can't wait to hear the other songs. This album is one of my most eagerly anticipated releases of 2013
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
10.03.2013 - 21:59
Erik M.
Written by Bad English on 26.01.2012 at 19:58

When it will be out?

In 8 days, but I already bought it yesterday at their CD presentation gig, haha.
16.03.2013 - 22:31
Abattoir
Staff
Written by Erik M. on 10.03.2013 at 21:59

In 8 days, but I already bought it yesterday at their CD presentation gig, haha.

So how was it, at the gig?
17.03.2013 - 00:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Abattoir on 16.03.2013 at 22:31

Written by Erik M. on 10.03.2013 at 21:59

PLease don't mention that gig. I couldn't make it cause I was down with food poisoning
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.03.2013 - 16:37
Erik M.
Quote:
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.03.2013 at 00:17

PLease don't mention that gig. I couldn't make it cause I was down with food poisoning

Haha. That indeed was unfortunate, Marcel.

The gig was pretty great. Saw them for the first time and it wasn't exactly a bad thing that they played 2 sets of both 45-60 minutes. Although the 1st set (with new songs from their new compilation album, split album and Mors Viri) wasn't that great as the 2nd set (with songs from every studio album except for their debut), but all in all a great show. Not to mention the beer was good and relatively cheap.

Sorry, couldn't resist typing this, hahaha.
18.03.2013 - 23:22
Erik M.
Ah, I thought I'd be the first one to vote, but lord artan was ahead of me, haha.
18.03.2013 - 23:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Erik M. on 18.03.2013 at 23:22

Ah, I thought I'd be the first one to vote, but lord artan was ahead of me, haha.

But a perfect 10?
Not you of course but Lord Artan.

God I love the band to bits and think this is their best album to date and their previous albums helped me through a really tough time from end 2010 till late June 2011 and some of their band members helped too. But I wouldn;t even rate it a 10
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.03.2013 - 23:38
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.03.2013 at 23:28

But a perfect 10?
Not you of course but Lord Artan.

God I love the band to bits and think this is their best album to date and their previous albums helped me through a really tough time from end 2010 till late June 2011 and some of their band members helped too. But I wouldn;t even rate it a 10

Haha, he's one of those people who doesn't know how to vote his music, with an average of 9+... I know you don't agree, but that's what I think.

I really like this band too. At their gig last week Pim said they are an "emotionally handicapped" band, haha. I only listened to their last three albums (I will eventually own them all, except for demo's and EP's because I don't care about those) and those are pretty much all of the same quality in my opinion: a very high quality that is. All amazing albums, can't really pick a favourite to be honest.

I know you only rated like 5 albums a 10, out of 2000+ albums? But what the hell happened to your ratings?
19.03.2013 - 00:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Erik M. on 18.03.2013 at 23:38

Haha, he's one of those people who doesn't know how to vote his music, with an average of 9+... I know you don't agree, but that's what I think.

I really like this band too. At their gig last week Pim said they are an "emotionally handicapped" band, haha. I only listened to their last three albums (I will eventually own them all, except for demo's and EP's because I don't care about those) and those are pretty much all of the same quality in my opinion: a very high quality that is. All amazing albums, can't really pick a favourite to be honest.

Quote:

You should also get hold of their split with Ophis cause both OT songs are truly great and Ophis songs are great too.

Quote:

I know you only rated like 5 albums a 10, out of 2000+ albums? But what the hell happened to your ratings?

I deleted them because the rest of the votes will vary according to my mood.
Btw one of those 10s isn't a 10 in its original form. Btw that's the Flotsam & Jetsam Doomsday For The Deceiver Anniversary edition.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.03.2013 - 21:53
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2013 at 00:00

You should also get hold of their split with Ophis cause both OT songs are truly great and Ophis songs are great too.

I deleted them because the rest of the votes will vary according to my mood.
Btw one of those 10s isn't a 10 in its original form. Btw that's the Flotsam & Jetsam Doomsday For The Deceiver Anniversary edition.

I'm going to get that split album for sure. They played Bittersweet Memories and it was a great song for sure (already listened to it a couple of times before though).

Some people hand out 10's so easily it's ridiculous and others are the complete opposite... I'm somewhere in between I guess, haha.
20.03.2013 - 20:45
Quote:
I'm going to get that split album for sure. They played Bittersweet Memories and it was a great song for sure (already listened to it a couple of times before though).

Some people hand out 10's so easily it's ridiculous and others are the complete opposite... I'm somewhere in between I guess, haha.

hey, where did you get the album from?
21.03.2013 - 15:08
Abattoir
Staff
Quote:
Written by The Melting Snow on 20.03.2013 at 20:45

You can get it at the band's official website --> MERCH

And you have to contact them through the e-mail.
21.03.2013 - 16:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Quote:

EMols got it directly from the band on Saturday March 9 at the release gig
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.03.2013 - 20:17
Wow, lucky guy!

I live in Pakistan.. I doubt a Metal album will be delivered here :/
23.03.2013 - 18:37
Erik M.
Quote:
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.03.2013 at 16:40

EMols got it directly from the band on Saturday March 9 at the release gig

Marcel is right. I bought Mors Viri along with their debut (both 10 euros each) and the split album with Cold Mourning (5 euros) at the gig. Already listened to it about 6 or 7 times and it's definitely an amazing album. In my opinion it's about the same quality as Giving Yourself Away and Reason, but it might be a little bit better since the lyrics are better (usually I don't care about that, but the lyrics on Reasons are pretty cheesy/bad sometimes, in my opinion) and overall there's more variety to be found on the songs.
23.03.2013 - 18:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Got my physical copy of it yesterday night from Pim at the Tribulation, Ketzer, Venenum, Alchemyst gig in Tilburg
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.03.2013 - 18:58
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Listening through it for the second time in a row. Definitely my favorite release of their's
23.03.2013 - 19:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Alex F on 23.03.2013 at 18:58

Listening through it for the second time in a row. Definitely my favorite release of their's

My favourite as well. I think the fresh blood of Bram on guitar and Niels on drums with Martin dooing purely the keyboards has helped a lot.
Funny thing is that my two favourite tracks, The Wounded And The DYing and Like Atlas, which are the speediest and slowest songs of the album are both written by Bram.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.03.2013 - 17:11
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.03.2013 at 19:14

My favourite as well. I think the fresh blood of Bram on guitar and Niels on drums with Martin dooing purely the keyboards has helped a lot.
Funny thing is that my two favourite tracks, The Wounded And The DYing and Like Atlas, which are the speediest and slowest songs of the album are both written by Bram.

Hmm, it's really hard to pick a favourite song for me, but at the moment it's To The Gallows. I just love the variety of clean vocals and growls in that song. But yeah, pretty much every song is great obviously. I decided this at least tops Giving Yourself Away (and thus it entered my top 50), mainly because I don't like the last track of that album a lot... it's too long for its own good and too monotone. Still rather good, but way behind the quality of the other 5 songs.
26.03.2013 - 15:35
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.03.2013 at 19:14

Didn't Bram also appear on Giving Yourself Away? I guess they certainly found the right formula, because this album is just fantastic, really pleased with it.
Do you happen to know if they plan to release a vinyl version of this? It's to my understanding that, currently, there's only a CD version.
26.03.2013 - 15:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Alex F on 26.03.2013 at 15:35

Didn't Bram also appear on Giving Yourself Away? I guess they certainly found the right formula, because this album is just fantastic, really pleased with it.

Bram joined shortly after Giving Yourself Away was released. On that album it was still Martin's borther Johan playing.

Quote:

Do you happen to know if they plan to release a vinyl version of this? It's to my understanding that, currently, there's only a CD version.

Hammerheart Records will be releasing a vinyl version pretty soon. It cn already be pre-ordered over at the label.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.03.2013 - 15:56
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.03.2013 at 15:43

Bram joined shortly after Giving Yourself Away was released. On that album it was still Martin's borther Johan playing.
Hammerheart Records will be releasing a vinyl version pretty soon. It cn already be pre-ordered over at the label.

Thanks for clarifying that.
And shipping prices are too damn high. 25 euros to ship 1 lp to the US, but they offer free shipping for CD's... guess I'll wait until I can get it used within the US, or I'll just buy the CD.
26.03.2013 - 18:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Werry good album, good sound, songs typical OT sound,,,, I dont think anythink can change my mind, I already know what I will vote for in MS avards 2013
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.03.2013 - 22:25
MechanisT
Account deleted
Blown to bits. Magnificent album.

Hits total: 14746 | This month: 28