Metal Storm logo
MS-13 "Devils Horn" gang sign borrowed from Metal.

11.05.2011 - 01:10
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King

I always wondered why MS-13 hand signs looked like the Metal hand sign, It's because they're the same. The founders of MS-13 were Metalheads and just used the horns as their gang sign.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
11.05.2011 - 01:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I don't understand this topic. Is it about metalhead-turned gang members or similarities between gangs and metal fans?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.05.2011 - 01:55
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Neither, it's about a gang founded by Metalheads (The most dangerous in the world, actually) that got their handsign from attending metal shows. Dunno, I guess people would find it at least interesting.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
11.05.2011 - 18:47
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Yeah, In a documentary i saw about them some of the founders said that they lived for attending metal gigs. Two put together and upside down form a M. And from that they started to develop a insanely elaborate system of gestured call-signs. They are also the most widespread gang on earth with Mara Salvatrucha tags appearing even in Spain and Italy.
Not that they have much relation to metal today, i presume.
11.05.2011 - 19:42
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Written by Guest on 11.05.2011 at 18:47

Yeah, In a documentary i saw about them some of the founders said that they lived for attending metal gigs. Two put together and upside down form a M. And from that they started to develop a insanely elaborate system of gestured call-signs. They are also the most widespread gang on earth with Mara Salvatrucha tags appearing even in Spain and Italy.
Not that they have much relation to metal today, i presume.

Yeah, I watched a documentary on them the other day as well. Where I live they're in the news a lot, I would have never guessed that they had anything to do with metal. But yeah, I doubt they have much to do with metal nowadays, probably just the founders.
----