Metal Storm logo
Elis - Singer Sandra Schleret Leaves The Band

Official press release

"More than 4 years ago I joined Elis as their new singer. Our journey was very special to me, and I think that we found one another at a time when we really needed it the most. I gave my best to honor Sabine's legacy and nevertheless stay true to myself and open a new chapter together with the band. I am sorry to say that we have reached a point where this chapter now comes to an end. We had an amazing and exciting time and the guys really touched my heart. We made a great album in which I've put all of my heart and which means a lot to me. We sat together and talked long about everything, and we concluded that it is better to go separate ways from now on. I simply feel the need to devote myself to my own music, my aims and tasks, and the guys can not accompany me on that way because they have their own aims, ideas and expectations. I am sure that it's the right decision, because it is very important to me to dedicate myself to everything I do with full heart and soul. Now that I can not ensure this anymore I think it's only fair to say it freely. Elis will always have my full support and my friendship will guide them on their way. The guys have found a great new singer and so I am leaving with a good feeling, though I am very sad about the end of our time together.

I dearly want to thank all the Elis fans, who gave me such a warm welcome! I hope we will see each other again!

With all my best wishes,
Sandra"

Source: elis.li
Band profile: Elis
Posted: 12.05.2011 by RaquelSenra

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 137 users
12.05.2011 - 04:10
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I am certainly disappointed to see her leave But, she makes me curious what she'll be doing next, as I love her heavily personal touch to her singing And... of course now awaiting for the news of a new singer in Elis as well
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
12.05.2011 - 05:59
Jiri

I will bet all of my Jiri money that the new singer is a woman!
12.05.2011 - 14:43
Elodie Artour
Slania
Somehow, I've never managed to like Sandra's voice in Elis. Dunno, it may be all because of Sabine...

Anyway. I wish both Sandra and the band (as well as their new singer) success in the future!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
12.05.2011 - 16:23
Dark Seraphim

This is sad news, I really enjoyed Catharsis and thought Sandra's voice was great. I hope they can find consistency and not end up chopping and changing their singers every album. Best of luck to both parties. I, for one, will be looking forward to a new album as soon as possible.
13.05.2011 - 01:02
Mother_North

Oh man I loved Elis' last album, I was expecting another one with Sandra and now she's leaving
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
13.05.2011 - 01:28
ravendeath

In my opinion she did much better job back then with Dreams Of Sanity. Maybe they'll reform again?
13.05.2011 - 03:40
albatros

I liked her work for Soulslide, but she never convinced me with Elis, not even live.

I'm very curious, what she'll do next.
13.05.2011 - 21:04
Mother_North

Written by ravendeath on 13.05.2011 at 01:28

In my opinion she did much better job back then with Dreams Of Sanity. Maybe they'll reform again?

I loved Dreams of Sanity too!!
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."

Hits total: 5417 | This month: 5