Metal Storm logo
I - Between Two Worlds

18.09.2006 - 23:02
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Finnaly I heard the new album of the Immortal remains' band, called I. It's a great album, reminds me on Immortal's work. Abbath is God, and that's a fact! \m/
18.09.2006 - 23:37
kackbratze

Oh yes, I was about to open a thread for this, too. This album is better than one might think after hearing only "The Storm I Ride". The rock influences aren't as dominant as in this song on the rest of the album. It reminds me much of Immortals "Sons of Northern Darkness" and "At the Heart of Winter", though it's not as good as these albums (I think).
I encourage everyone to give it a few spins.
18.09.2006 - 23:57
Basso
Account deleted
I dont know where you got that album but it isnt in sale in sweden. I have only heard 2 songs , Storms I Ride and Cursed We Are. I must say thata Cursed We Are is an awesome track with loads of the Immortal sound that I love so much.
19.09.2006 - 00:04
Suicide Bug
Account deleted
heh I came here to open a thread about this too. In my very humble opinion this is one of the greatest of Abbath's works (and I am quite the fan of Immortal), the rockish influences in some songs and the way the old goat varies his vocal style through the album adds that little surprise element that keeps the album from getting boring. A goood album is made of good single tracks imo, and this is certainly the strongest point of this work. There was no song I had trouble getting into, and still they all sound different, between the rockish cant-get-that-riff-out-of-my-head tracks like The Storm I Ride and Days of North Winds, the fast, typically bm adrenalinic stuff like Battallions and Cursed We Are, there's also plenty of room for the epic counterpart with songs like Warriors and Far Beyond The Qiet.
Easily one of the best albums of the year for me, though I don't listen to much of the stuf that comes out so I wouldn't know...
19.09.2006 - 14:25
Damnated
Churchburner
Downloading the album at the moment, but it's not fifnished. So I'll be back then
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.10.2006 - 18:20
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Between Two Worlds,...

Most of you know this Immortal frontman's side project called proudly 'I'. With just and I of (I)mmortal as a weapon, Abbath enters the battle scene to redeem his sin to the black metal. Between Two Worlds, the one and only album from I,...Anyway, who already know this album, know what Between Two Worlds stands for: fu**ing great song writing, musicianship and subterranean production.

Well, musically, B T W is a hybrid of meloblack metal with some motorhead's influences, with a rather high trollish voice, pretty heavy guitar sound and compositions that still more than stand the test of time. And for sure, 2006 will remember this album.

However, the only flaw is thin production, but at the same time it just adds to the unique charm of this album. But aside from that, everything is ok. Seriously, what do you expect from Immortal's son? just perfection. I really recommend you this album...really killer!

Rating: 8/10

Album Highlights: All Tracks ( no exaggeration)
08.10.2006 - 04:00
Daru Jericho

I had no idea the new album was out. I'm going to have to check it out. I heard one of the songs on the Myspace profile and it was good enough.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

08.10.2006 - 04:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
What's with the annoying band name and the retarded face that Abbath is making on the promo photo, with him pointing? Leave it to Abbath to make a retarded pose in a picture...

Anyways, I've heard a few songs and I think it's alright. The guitar is pretty good, but I don't think I'll go out and buy it.
11.10.2006 - 18:36
Vintervarg
Account deleted
I agree that the band name is lame.
03.11.2006 - 16:17
Damnated
Churchburner
it is pretty good. nice heavy metal, with a slice of black in it. I really enjoyed the album.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.11.2006 - 18:20
Jinx
Account deleted
I wasn't expecting to like this album half as much as i do, they've actually surprised me with a good album full of really good tracks!
06.01.2007 - 17:17
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I enjoyed this album a bit afterthe first few istens to it I wasnt to sure. the first track 'The Storm I Ride' threw me off a bit because it wasnt what I was expecting at all from this line up. But then listening to the other tracks thought itwas a decent album.

The heavy metal with black metal elemtents was a pretty good mix and pulled of nicely. Reminded me of Immortal's 'Sons Of Northern Darkness' release as some have said also.

Worth while listen
----

Hellcunt Smurf
06.01.2007 - 18:00
Basso
Account deleted
This album was great. Bought it a cupple of days ago. I havent listened to it enough times to review it but its definitly worth around 8/10. Great album
06.01.2007 - 22:21
chuckie
Account deleted
Heard Cursed We Are & The Storm I Ride on iceberg radio and thier myspace profile...want it lol
07.01.2007 - 02:50
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.01.2007 at 22:21

Heard Cursed We Are & The Storm I Ride on iceberg radio and thier myspace profile...want it lol

In my opinion thoose 2 songs are the weakest songs on the album. If you liked them you will be pleasantly surprised!
07.01.2007 - 04:00
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Guest on 07.01.2007 at 02:50

Written by Guest on 06.01.2007 at 22:21

In my opinion thoose 2 songs are the weakest songs on the album. If you liked them you will be pleasantly surprised!

I agree wtih you. 'The Storm I Ride' and 'Cursed We Are' are both average songs and the weakest on the album for sure. 'The Storm I Ride' really shouldnt be put as the first track, on the first listen it really made me take a step back and question what I was listening to. Didnt like it that much, but now i dont mind them... still only average tracks.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.01.2007 - 04:08
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
oh well... between two worlds just sux, I love immortal and I buyed this album, I heard it 2 times... so sad... oh well im just looking forward for immortal live shows and the possibility of a new studio album.
09.01.2007 - 03:03
Daru Jericho

Well, the band did say it was going to be nothing like Immortal (or Enslaved/Sahg/Gorgortoth etc) in some press releases before the album was released, which was one of the main reasons I was looking forward to it. I must say, I really enjoyed it. I like that primative, raw and somewhat traditional sound and I'd like to hear a couple more bands playing that style in this day and age.

Also, I read (skim read, really) an interview with Abbath in Terrorizer a few months ago and he said that he stole a Kiss riff practically and inserted it in there.
----

09.01.2007 - 17:49
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 09.01.2007 at 03:03

Also, I read (skim read, really) an interview with Abbath in Terrorizer a few months ago and he said that he stole a Kiss riff practically and inserted it in there.

Distorted guitars ist krieg \m/
09.01.2007 - 18:38
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@Daru Jericho: Did it say which song Kiss's riff was used in or what song it was ripped from? Really intersted in finding this out now, I love Kiss!! Haha
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.01.2007 - 19:22
Daru Jericho

Written by Xtreme Jax on 09.01.2007 at 18:38

@Daru Jericho: Did it say which song Kiss's riff was used in or what song it was ripped from? Really intersted in finding this out now, I love Kiss!! Haha

Um...it might have been 'Ladies In Waiting' but I can't remember exactly seeing as I'm not much of a KISS fan. I was laughing to myself when I found that out though haha.
----

14.01.2007 - 22:36
_HIV_

sounds almost like immortal ... and thats not a good thing! overall ranking 2/10
15.01.2007 - 05:42
Judas
The Amputator
The guitar sound is the same as Immortal's, the lyrics are pretty similar to Immortal's, Abbath's voice is almost as reptilian as it is in Immortal...

In fact, if Immortal played Heavy Metal, it would sound like this! Meaning, FUCKING AWESOME!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.01.2007 - 21:27
GT
Coffee!!
Hmm...have only heard 'The Storm I Ride' and I like it, so if it's one of the weakest tracks on the album I might have to get my hands on the CD
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.01.2007 - 20:17
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Have been considering buying this one but I thought it would be something in a vague attempt to sound like Immortal so I got some others instead. Well some of the comments here are not all that promising either..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
16.01.2007 - 22:19
Basso
Account deleted
Well aslong as you dont expect to find black metal, you will probably like it.
16.01.2007 - 23:49
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Well Black Metal was exactly what I hoped to find. But if they're not Black Metal which genre are they??
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
17.01.2007 - 01:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Himann on 16.01.2007 at 23:49

Well Black Metal was exactly what I hoped to find. But if they're not Black Metal which genre are they??

I'm not an expert in black metal, but they kinda sound like a mix between Carpathian Forest and Motorhead.
17.01.2007 - 04:58
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
^^ Thats a good way to put it. Or 'Sons Of Northern Darkness' but a little less black metal and a bit more Motorhead style.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
17.01.2007 - 11:09
Himann
Orm KrigGud
The Motorhead bit doesn't sound all that impressive. However Carpathian Forest and "Son's of Northern Darkness" sound enticing. Anyway still not sure its worth trying out though..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger