24. A Dead Issue
25. The Final Insult
26. Grind Emergency [Limited LP bonus]
27. Grind On Impulse [Limited LP bonus]

Additional info
Released on CD 3rd May in the USA
Released on Limited Picture Disc 17th May in USA
Released on CD and Limited LP 23rd May in UK/Europe

UK/European limited edition comes with a bonus DVD featuring behind the scenes making of the album and rehearsal footage plus Bonus Tracks

Guest review by
Boxcar Willy
Rating:
"Singapore i/ˈsɪŋəpɔər/, officially the Republic of Singapore, is a Southeast Asian city-state off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, 137 kilometres (85 mi) north of the equator. An island country made up of 63 islands" - Wikipedia

Well, I was going to make a witty remark on how it had to be fate for these musicians to come together in such a small and remote area, but it seems that the country is much larger than I thought? Oh well, I guess you learn something new every day. Well I'm glad they came together anyway, because they made one hell of an album.

Read more ››
published 16.02.2012 | Comments (0)

Singapor...an, Singapor...ite... Wormrot, grindheads from Singapore! It's Abuse 2.0 baby, and it'll rock your socks off!

A word of advice: Try to blink between songs. And don't listen while playing Call of Duty unless you want to buy yourself a new TV. And a controller. Only you realize after that you're at a friend's place. In which case, leave this album behind to make up for the damages. They'll thank you later, because it's that good.

Troy Gallant's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: Thryce, wormdrink414, Mr. Doctor
Bandcamp music player

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 20   Visited by: 219 users
17.05.2011 - 22:16
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
What a fuc**ng disappointment...
19.05.2011 - 21:51
Rating: 8
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 17.05.2011 at 22:16

What a fuc**ng disappointment...

lolwut? Have you heard Abuse? Dirge is very similar
20.05.2011 - 13:39
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
It is? Apart from the fact that 90% of the tracks on Dirge are below the 1 minute mark (lol?), nothing here resembles to a song. Abuse also had this controlled chaos, but also had a few well structured tracks, imo.
20.05.2011 - 14:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
How can you say nothing on this album resembles a song? While I'd argue Abuse is a lot better overall, there's really excellent songwriting on display here. Personally the stretch from Stench of Ignorance to Manipulation is what makes this album probably the best 2011 grind release alone, but the first portion of the album has enough going on to keep my ears satisfied.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.05.2011 - 19:19
The Technogoat
The Technogoat
This is an absolute grindcore masterpiece. Right up there for album of the year, in my opinion.
----
Human, all too fucking human.
12.07.2011 - 00:34
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.05.2011 at 13:39

It is? Apart from the fact that 90% of the tracks on Dirge are below the 1 minute mark (lol?), nothing here resembles to a song. Abuse also had this controlled chaos, but also had a few well structured tracks, imo.

Um this is called grindcore... Have you listened to early Napalm Death? A ton of short songs. Amazon posts song lenghts. If you don't want short songs, then research and don't buy it and waste everyone's time whining when you didn't do your due diligence.
13.07.2011 - 20:46
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.07.2011 at 00:34

Written by Guest on 20.05.2011 at 13:39

Um this is called grindcore... Have you listened to early Napalm Death? A ton of short songs. Amazon posts song lenghts. If you don't want short songs, then research and don't buy it and waste everyone's time whining when you didn't do your due diligence.

Dude, i like grindcore, that's why i listened to this album in the first place. And there's good and bad grindcore, this one is bad.
You think that because they have short songs like Napalm Death they are good? I think there was a purpose for the micro songs on ND first albums, but did they repeated it after? Of course not, its pointless. So is Dirge.
But thats not the main point, what i dont like is the lack of intensity and "juice" when comparing it to Abuse.
If you enjoyed it so much good for you!
14.07.2011 - 04:43
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.07.2011 at 20:46

Dude, i like grindcore, that's why i listened to this album in the first place. And there's good and bad grindcore, this one is bad.
You think that because they have short songs like Napalm Death they are good? I think there was a purpose for the micro songs on ND first albums, but did they repeated it after? Of course not, its pointless. So is Dirge.
But thats not the main point, what i dont like is the lack of intensity and "juice" when comparing it to Abuse.
If you enjoyed it so much good for you!

I'm just pointing out that tons of grindcore has short tracks and it's nothing new. You complained about it in your first post. Pig Destroyer, Terrorizer, Nasum, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Anal Cunt and tons of other grindcore bands have songs around the one minute mark. Abuse also had tons of short tracks. The longest track was like 2:14 and none of the other tracks were over two minutes.
I enjoy Dirge because when I sit down and listen to it I listen to the whole album. It makes more sense that way and since it's not a long album, like most grindcore, that is very easy to do.

I'm calling b.s. Quit trolling bro.
17.08.2011 - 20:49
Rating: 9
Big-Al

Abuse is the better album of the two, although Dirge does by it's own merits succeed in being a great modern grindcore album... just inferior to Abuse.
----

I drink moosepiss
17.08.2011 - 20:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Big-Al on 17.08.2011 at 20:49
Abuse is the better album for the two, although Dirge does by it's own merits succeed in being a great modern grindcore album... just inferior to Abuse.

Agreed. It's nice to see a new grindcore band receiving this kind of positive attention.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.08.2011 - 14:48
vezzy
Stallmanite
I'm siding with the mainstream opinion here (damn me to hell) and agree that Abuse was better.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
18.08.2011 - 17:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
The problem I have with this sort of albums is that they are TOO FUCKING SHORT.
I mean... seriously 18 minutes. The music is wonderful but holy shit if it isn't frustrating to pay like 15-17 euros for a cd and only get 18 minutes of music.

Please wormrot, I really like your music.. but please try to make it to the 30 minutes mark, it's all I ask for.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.08.2011 - 19:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.08.2011 at 17:32

I mean... seriously 18 minutes. The music is wonderful but holy shit if it isn't frustrating to pay like 15-17 euros for a cd and only get 18 minutes of music.

Please wormrot, I really like your music.. but please try to make it to the 30 minutes mark, it's all I ask for.

Agreed. The only reason why I bought Abuse is because I got the 2 disc version with pretty much their entire discography on it. If Dirge gets a re-release with more material, I'll buy it for sure.
27.08.2011 - 19:03
Big-Al

well.. 1 euro per song isnt so bad when you play the album a million times over and when a few years from now you have children, even grand children, they look up to you and say, dad, what kick ass music did you listen to when you were my age?

especially with all the other crap coming out in 2011.

I'm not too sure how many of you've had the opportunity to see Wormrot live in a small pub/bar sized venue, but the atmosphere they bring with them is so purely grind in every way... YEAH!

"IN GRIND WE ROT"
----

I drink moosepiss
12.10.2011 - 15:05
MechanisT
Account deleted
I really enjoyed this one, even though I'm not that much into grindcore in general. Fun little album.
13.10.2011 - 22:28
MechanisT
Account deleted

I concur. They're pretty sweet, but the thrills hardly last...
18.01.2012 - 05:16
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
This shit's tasty!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.04.2012 - 16:04
@gent_-_orange

My head just exploded, So its definitely good grind.
05.09.2013 - 00:50
Lit.
Account deleted
It's free! Yay!
14.08.2022 - 09:15
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
It's ridiculously short but the tempo is brutal. I wouldn't call this their best but it never let's off steam at all, another non stop adrenaline rush of pure aggression!

Hits total: 9603 | This month: 21