Metal Storm logo
Bourbon Crow (Southern\Country)

18.05.2011 - 22:08
JD
Account deleted
I truly like these guys, this is Wednesday 13's side project, they play Southern\Country\Alcoholic\Comedy or whatever is their style, My favorite album got to be "Highway to Hangovers", however am trying to find any band similar to Bourbon Crow, but still... I couldn't find anything, so any recommendation?

Plus you can discuss anything about this band here.
31.08.2011 - 20:00
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.05.2011 at 22:08

I truly like these guys, this is Wednesday 13's side project, they play Southern\Country\Alcoholic\Comedy or whatever is their style, My favorite album got to be "Highway to Hangovers", however am trying to find any band similar to Bourbon Crow, but still... I couldn't find anything, so any recommendation?

Plus you can discuss anything about this band here.

http://www.last.fm/music/Bourbon+Crow/+similar
These are their similar bands on Last FM. However, I don't think they're similar. That's all I can give, JD.
31.08.2011 - 20:07
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 31.08.2011 at 20:00

These are their similar bands on Last FM. However, I don't think they're similar. That's all I can give, JD.

Yup they are not similar, you know why? because the vocals of all these bands is "Wednesday 13" and I guess most of these bands play Punk-Glam metal(which I'm not interested in), but thanks anyway.
01.09.2011 - 00:12
IronAngel

They sound like your typical mainstream country, so maybe you should look into the genre, check out some big names to see if you like them, and then find bands similar to them.

I dig some darker and more alternative branches of americana, as well as traditional outlaw country and bluegrass, but none of it is quite like this band.
01.09.2011 - 17:40
JD
Account deleted
Written by IronAngel on 01.09.2011 at 00:12

so maybe you should look into the genre, check out some big names to see if you like them

Big names, like who?
01.09.2011 - 18:50
IronAngel

I don't know, I don't listen to mainstream country. But there are plenty of tools to find out, online. Search for country on Rate Your Music or Last.fm, maybe? (The former doesn't really represent mainstream taste, though.)

Here's a custom chart that might help: http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=country+pop%2C+country%2C+country+rock&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

And here's what Last.fm gives when you search the tag:
http://www.last.fm/tag/country?ac=country

From that RYM chart, a few cool modern bands that you might like come to mind: The Jayhawks, Old 97's, Drive-By Truckers. Townes Van Zandt is a classic and very good, too. My personal favorites are darker and a little more unusual, but they include The Handsome Family, 16 Horsepower, Wovehand (sometimes spelled seperately), O'Death, Those Poor Bastards, Jay Munly (also in Munly & The Lupercalians, Slim Cessna's Auto Club, The Denver Gentlemen), Willie Nelson, The Highwaymen, and well, all the other members of the Highwaymen too (Johnny Cash, Kris Kirstofferson, Waylon Jennings).

You could just tune into some country station and see if you hear something you like, too.