Metal Storm logo
Non Satanic Death Metal

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2011 - 02:46
The title pretty much explains itself. Also, I don't care if there's only one or two satanic tracks in an album. I will delete these. Please help!
27.03.2012 - 03:38
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Well, theres Abigor, Dark Funeral, Belphegor, ummm... satan.... hail satan
27.03.2012 - 03:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Branzig on 26.03.2012 at 18:17
I don't even know why people are still posting in this topic.

At this point we aren't suggesting bands, but commenting on the nature of non-Satanic death metal. It's an interesting discussion given that a large portion of metal fans seem to think the majority of death metal bands are Satanic-themed.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.03.2012 - 06:49
Branzig
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2012 at 03:57

a large portion of metal fans seem to think the majority of death metal bands are Satanic-themed.

I just don't understand how haha.

Maybe I am just missing something haha.
----
In Grind We Crust
27.03.2012 - 06:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Branzig on 27.03.2012 at 06:49
I just don't understand how haha.

Stereotypes, generalizations - that which makes the world go 'round. Musicians like Glen Benton gaining widespread exposure.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.03.2012 - 06:59
Branzig
Glen Benton is one funny dude though haha.

Some of the shit that I have heard him say in concerts and what I have read in interviews is just ridiculousness to the highest power.

At one of his concerts that I had the pleasure of attending, he told the audience that our only hope was to slice the throats of the "non-believers" in the name of Satan, and to take everything back through the mystic power of the Necronomicon....
----
In Grind We Crust
28.03.2012 - 05:25
shinigami98
Mortification? thats all i know
28.03.2012 - 12:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by shinigami98 on 28.03.2012 at 05:25

Mortification? thats all i know

That's Christian death metal.

The question here was not specifically for Christian death metal, but for the much broader non-Satanic death metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.05.2012 - 12:04
Being a DM fan, I didn't know DM is satanic. LOL, why the hell do some people believe DM is satanic-themed? They must baffle DM with BM.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
26.05.2012 - 13:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.05.2012 at 12:04
Being a DM fan, I didn't know DM is satanic. LOL, why the hell do some people believe DM is satanic-themed? They must baffle DM with BM.

Being a death metal fan, you should realize how stupid you sound right now.

Obviously not all death metal is satanic-themed, but there's definitely quite a few bands of that nature...
----
26.05.2012 - 20:15
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.05.2012 at 13:40

Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.05.2012 at 12:04

Being a death metal fan, you should realize how stupid you sound right now.

Obviously not all death metal is satanic-themed, but there's definitely quite a few bands of that nature...

I know there are bands like Deicide that use satanic themes but I think it is stupid to ask about non-satanic DM bands as the majority of DM bands aren't satanic. Many people do that. That's why I'm pissed off.
----
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
27.05.2012 - 00:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.05.2012 at 20:15
That's why I'm pissed off.

This thread was created by a sixteen-year-old Muslim who take offense to satanic lyrics, but wanted to listen to death metal, so he was asking specifically for non-satanic death metal. Nothing to get worked up about. :/
----
27.05.2012 - 08:39
Stoned Crow
Account deleted
What is Satan? Most of the imagery and assumption of what Satan is, is man-made and imagination at work- used to scare people to God. Metal simply returns the favor. God blamed Adam, Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the Snake- so wouldn't a man be the source of the blame? I personally think the Pope is more satanic than Glen Benton, or any other metal musician. For one, the Pope, and various other religious leaders, are responsible for the imagery of what is "evil" to begin with. They used it to scare people into their ranks. The so-called "Church" has a long history of invading villages dressed as "demons" and turning around the next day and using it to gain a foothold in these societies. Not to mention, Glen Benton does what he does in the light of day, he's not secretive and attempting to hide anything. It's too easy to kill, steal, abuse, etc. someone else and claim "Satan made me do it", or have priests molest children and blame it on America. Kind of reminds me of a Katatonia lyric "how could this go so very far that I need someone to say what is wrong not with the world but me". Sorry, I'm heavily influenced by Kierkegaard, but in my defense, I found someone who thinks like me in this regard when I picked up his works. Satan does not objectively exist- it's all in our heads- meaning Satan exist, but you can't point him out without knowing what Satan is, or presuming to know what "evil" is to begin with. I think it falls back on having a "knowledge of good and evil". In a way, we are all "satan", because Good things don't die. To be blunt- metal and satanic imagery probably drives more people to church than "love", because fear still drives people to conform. Didn't God make the snake on day 6- the same day he made man? There's a difference between a wolf in sheep's clothing and a sheep in wolf's clothing.
27.05.2012 - 12:43
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.05.2012 at 00:38

Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.05.2012 at 20:15
That's why I'm pissed off.

This thread was created by a sixteen-year-old Muslim who take offense to satanic lyrics, but wanted to listen to death metal, so he was asking specifically for non-satanic death metal. Nothing to get worked up about. :/

OK.
----
06.06.2012 - 21:22
Sethdood
I have no idea why you'd even try to find this. Most of metalhead lifestyles, and points of interest, are about rebellion- at the very least rebellion from old ideas, ignorance and conformity. That's the exact opposite of Christianity/Islam.

Not trying to shit on your thing, I'm just saying that they're highly incongruant. You will find yourself making all these weird logical leaps and justifications just to survive around it. You already have to do things like eliminate massive massive chunks of the genre from the start, just to spare yourself some offense.

I don't like it, I wouldn't try it, in the same way I wouldn't try going into a Christian church telling them I only wanna show up on the days where they're going to talk about something other than their main deity. I'd be stuck with like one Moses holiday and that one sermon a year when they're upset about how St. Peter died upside down.