Metal Storm logo
Thunderstorm

19.09.2006 - 09:10
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I just bought their album called "Witchhunter Tales", this is an adition to my other Thunderstorm album "Faithless Soul". These guys are hailing from Italy and play some gread traditional doom metal. They are one of the best bands I heard from Italy along side with Doomsword. Anybody likes this band?
17.10.2006 - 13:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
haha I know tham I like this band I had one album, I had hear one album and I realy like, lil Doomsword style band, but bout are Italian bands and I had hera ''Sad Symphony'' album, Great
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.03.2007 - 02:18
Richard

Written by Guest on 19.09.2006 at 09:10

I just bought their album called "Witchhunter Tales", this is an adition to my other Thunderstorm album "Faithless Soul". These guys are hailing from Italy and play some gread traditional doom metal. They are one of the best bands I heard from Italy along side with Doomsword. Anybody likes this band?

The only Thunderstorm album I've got is 'Witchhunter Tales' - I bought it a few years ago I guess, and I started listening to it again recently, so as I'm in a Thunderstorm mood I thought I'd check for a thread about them here...

I really like the vocals. The sound of the guy's voice reminds me of Robert Lowe (Solitude Aeturnus, and now Candlemass), with the rich tones and some strong harmonies. (Blind Guardian fans who are open to a bit of Doom may even like this, as Hansi has a kind of similar style too).

I'll look out for the other albums you and K7 mentioned.
----
12.03.2007 - 06:05
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Many people have told me to listen to this band. Anybody got any links? Myspace or anything for that matter... I've heard that they're not unlike Reverend Bizarre. If this is true, I'd LOVE to get some Thunderstorm albums.. heh..
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
12.03.2007 - 13:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hey just find that thay gonna realise new album this yar it calls
'As We Die Alone'

Is it true
----

apos;'
[image]
12.03.2007 - 14:24
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Yes I saw that it was already released, I have to order it, It has also a Jimi Hendrix cover, "Voodoo Chile".
12.03.2007 - 18:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.03.2007 at 14:24

Yes I saw that it was already released, I have to order it, It has also a Jimi Hendrix cover, "Voodoo Chile".

Man haw you album, send me that song
----

apos;'
[image]
12.03.2007 - 23:09
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I don't have it I just ordered it! Today when I saw they released a new album. Hope my friend has it or goes to buy it quick as he's coming next week with some other cd's & I think he has time to get this one also!
19.03.2007 - 19:55
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
WOW! Just got As We Die Alone and it's FUCKING EPIC! Killer, slow-paced, dark, doom metal that is so fucking heavy - the way I like it. This album is a friggin masterpiece IMO. Very cool stuff indeed.
How are the earlier albums? Same vein?
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
19.03.2007 - 21:15
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I'll have it this week, can't wait to hear it!
19.03.2007 - 21:20
Richard

Written by CrypticMyth on 19.03.2007 at 19:55

WOW! Just got As We Die Alone and it's FUCKING EPIC! Killer, slow-paced, dark, doom metal that is so fucking heavy - the way I like it. This album is a friggin masterpiece IMO. Very cool stuff indeed.
How are the earlier albums? Same vein?

I've only got Witchhunter Tales at the moment (I'm hoping to hear some of their other releases soon too), which lives up to your description of As We Die Alone - although Witchhunter Tales isn't totally slow-paced all the way through, as like a lot of traditional style Doom Metal there's a fair bit of midtempo stuff as well.
----
05.04.2007 - 02:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I love Italian traditional doom... it's actually the only doom branch that Italians do well (I hate the extreme doom from that country), and Thunderstorm are among the best, along with the classic Doomsword and the more obscure All Soul's Day
03.06.2007 - 13:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Great stuff! Does anyone have any lyrics? Preferably from "As we die alone".
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.06.2007 - 13:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Found 'As We Die Alone' in the mail today!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama