Metal Storm logo
Mastodon - Featured On Transformers 3 Soundtrack

Mastodon will be featured on the upcoming Transformers: Dark Of The Moon soundtrack, coming June 14th, with their cover of ZZ Top's classic "Just Got Paid".

The band will be featured alongside cuts from other high caliber acts such as Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Black Veil Brides and more. You can find the full tracklist below.

The official Transformers 3 trailer can be watched over at this location.

Transformers: Dark Of The Moon tracklist:

01. Linkin Park - Iridescent
02. Paramore - Monster
03. My Chemical Romance - The Only Hope For Me Is You
04. Taking Back Sunday - Faith
05. Staind - The Bottom
06. Art Of Dying - Get Thru This
07. Goo Goo Dolls - All That you Are
08. Theory Of A Deadman - Head Above Water
09. Black Veil Brides - Set The World On Fire
10. Skillet - Alive & Awake (Remix)
11. Mastodon - Just Got Paid [ZZ Top cover]

Source: mastodonrocks.com
Band profile: Mastodon
Posted: 23.05.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 136 users
23.05.2011 - 23:31
corrupt
With a lowercase c
I've just seen the trailer for that one a couple of days ago. Usually I hate cheap crap like this, but I had to admit, the trailer is awesome. And now the whole thing got even awesomer!
----
24.05.2011 - 00:03
Pyramid God

If I were Mastodon I'd probably decline the offer to be featured with those other bands, but then again, I love money so I would accept in a heartbeat. The artist list on the soundtrack is worse than Transformers 2!!! *rimshot*
24.05.2011 - 00:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
High caliber acts?, WTF? I mean... Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Staind, Paramore?

Yeah, right...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.05.2011 - 00:44
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Love both Mastodon and ZZ Top... but this won't be enough to get me to check out the movie or sound track.

nice work on the song, especially the vox.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.05.2011 - 01:02
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Mastodon > Others
But Mastodon cover of ZZ Top is awesome.
24.05.2011 - 03:09
Arcticus

Hmm, this is a bit dodgy - much as I love Mastodon, their next album is gonna need to be pretty damn good to make up for all the crappy commercial shit they've done in the meantime. Does anyone remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhfjcM1PnmY Now THAT'S a freaking soundtrack.
24.05.2011 - 03:57
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
If this were any other movie I'd be happy for them. But why do it for Transformers????????
24.05.2011 - 04:51
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Wow, what a terrible looking tracklist. But the Mastodon song does sound pretty awesome.

I'm probably gonna go see the movie, but I doubt it'd be any good. I used to love the first one they made, but it got boring pretty quickly. But for some reason I just keep getting drawn towards them, so I guess they do their job. Heh.
24.05.2011 - 07:29
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Just replace the date of this movie, and this is what you'll get

the song's pretty savage, I'm not gonna lie. I love ZZ Top and i was afraid that they would butcher it somehow, but their guitar sound and vocals are spot on.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.05.2011 - 13:04
JD
Account deleted
I guess am interested to try these songs, "someday"

Staind - The Bottom
Theory Of A Deadman - Head Above Water
Mastodon - Just Got Paid.
25.05.2011 - 08:09
Death_95

Only good band on the list other than Mastodon is Skillet, and Paramore has one good album.

Hits total: 7635 | This month: 11