03. Infected
04. Struggle
05. Constantine
06. Apathy
07. Lost In The Labyrinth
08. Sovereignty
09. Necessary War
10. Why Bleed For You

Well, they never said all thrash had to be extreme...or exciting...or memorable. There's enough brand-new thrash bands coming out this year it seems, on top of the regular releases from the veterans, I guess it goes without saying that we need something this dry to fill the gaps.

Now, it's not to say this album is shit, because it really isn't. It's a lot like watching one of those movies where your favourite character only makes it into a small number of scenes. Lethal Halo do have the chops to make something quite intense, and they do make hints at it repeatedly throughout the album, but instead drift from one sound to the other without any real focus. It lingers around a feeling of groove/thrash metal a good chunk of the time, then drifts between something slightly extreme and progressive metalcore from time to time. Yeah, you could say it is varied, but the variation is so unpronounced it really just comes off as unfocused.

Like I said, it's not terrible, it's just kind of aimless. Yes, there are good riffs, plenty of them in fact, but unfortunately most of the songs lack the direction to leave any lasting impression. The overall sound is actually quite enjoyable, and for the first half of the album is damn promising, then it starts to sound like a band that doesn't have a solid vision for what they want it to sound like; melodic, progressive thrash, or some harsher, groove-filled death/thrash? The vocal tracks drowning out basically everything else does little to remedy their problems.

String this music up a little tighter and what you've got is something very unique. As it stands now however, Process Of Progress just feels like a compilation of half-cooked ideas, loosely pieced together.

Written on 24.05.2011 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 106 users
24.05.2011 - 11:20
The Benighted

Listened to a couple tracks online and wasn't impressed. Clean vox were downright horrid in spots.
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
24.05.2011 - 17:04
jazar94

I'm pretty sure all thrash has to be extreme, because it's a subgenre of extreme metal..

I haven't listened to the album, and I doubt I while, because it sounds pretty meh from what you guys are saying.
25.05.2011 - 04:43
JCJen7

Written by jazar94 on 24.05.2011 at 17:04

I'm pretty sure all thrash has to be extreme, because it's a subgenre of extreme metal..

I haven't listened to the album, and I doubt I while, because it sounds pretty meh from what you guys are saying.

Well I guess if you follow the Metal Storm forum rules, yeah, all thrash is "extreme". But in reality...well....no.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT

Hits total: 4057 | This month: 10