06. Parallax
07. The Black Box
08. Telos
09. Bloom
10. Melting City
11. Silent Flight Parliament
12. Goodbye To Everything Reprise

Additional info
Recorded May/June of 2012 at The Basement Studios in Winston-Salem, NC.
Engineered, mixed and mastered by Jamie King.
Produced by Between the Buried and Me and Jamie King.
Additional production editing: Kevin King.
Art & design: Chandler Owen.

Guest review by
K✞ulu
Rating:
I don't know what to call the initial barrier that a listener usually has with albums like this, but it has been empirically proven that such a phenomenon exists, and most probably you will have to experience it if you dare take upon the journey laid out by the one and only Between The Buried And Me on their new album.

Read more ››
published 27.05.2013 | Comments (11)

Between The Buried And Me is a foreign entity. Their music is out of this world and these aliens keep up the good form with The Parallax II: Future Sequence. They really know how to make challenging prog, and what's better than a concept album? Expect the usual head-spinning craziness, mind-blowing sequences and crushing discharges. A truly unique voyage.

BloodTears's picks | More picks ››

Found in 43 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 65   Visited by: 976 users
30.05.2011 - 12:09
Rating: 8
Loendt
Waiting for the new masterpiece! D:
13.01.2012 - 21:55
Rating: 9
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Never expect a masterpiece, that's the trick
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.07.2012 - 06:50
Unhealer
Eclecticist
They played a new song callled "Telos" on tour Monday night, but the only footage is incomplete and sounds like shit. Hope someone recorded it yesterday.
18.07.2012 - 08:59
Rating: 6
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Unhealer on 18.07.2012 at 06:50

They played a new song callled "Telos" on tour Monday night, but the only footage is incomplete and sounds like shit. Hope someone recorded it yesterday.

The guy who was at the concert uploaded the clear version of the song "Telos" on youtube, Then, later it was removed. I guess, I saw the song too but then I was editing something out there,...so missed it. Well, wait for updates.
19.07.2012 - 20:11
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Still sounds kinda shitty but at least it's complete and gives you an idea of the song:

25.07.2012 - 18:23
DelightfulJim
Cannot wait. The new song is awesome
12.08.2012 - 17:38
DavidBurns
Kinda shitty the sounds is terrible all it gives you is half decent video quality to show how the guys have changed sine they last toured
----
Never rate anything a 10 because there is always so much more to come. If I ever rate anything a 10 don't hesitate to slap me :P
12.08.2012 - 17:47
DavidBurns

Telos - Studio Version(posted by metalblade records themselves)
----
Never rate anything a 10 because there is always so much more to come. If I ever rate anything a 10 don't hesitate to slap me :P
12.08.2012 - 18:19
Rating: 5
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Vocals are waaaaay too high in the mix.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.09.2012 - 23:45
Rating: 10
infernaldeath87
My all-time favorite band is on their way to blow minds and prove the doubters wrong! Exactly one more month until this record is in my hands!!!
21.09.2012 - 12:45
Moose
This is going to take a while to digest. So much going on.
21.09.2012 - 22:24
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
The album is pretty damn good. I've only listened to it twice all the through and I fucking love it so far. Always impressive.
You all will love it when it's released to you.
22.09.2012 - 00:52
Void Eater
Account deleted
Really liking that Telos song, which is surprising since I never cared for any other stuff they've done. Color me interested.
22.09.2012 - 06:39
Timmeh
Dudeman
Wow this is some crazy technical shiznit even for BTBAM, 2 listens ain't enough for me to judge the album yet.
Did anyone else notice:
8:15 in Extremophile Elite (Parallax 2) = 9:12 in Specular Reflection (Parallax 1)
Cool throwback!
22.09.2012 - 14:35
ZudiRuus
Written by Timmeh on 22.09.2012 at 06:39

Wow this is some crazy technical shiznit even for BTBAM, 2 listens ain't enough for me to judge the album yet.
Did anyone else notice:
8:15 in Extremophile Elite (Parallax 2) = 9:12 in Specular Reflection (Parallax 1)
Cool throwback!

Loved it.
22.09.2012 - 20:32
BlueMobius
Account deleted
So, I'm guessing this has leaked. I think I will wait for the release, but I'm very anxious to hear this.
24.09.2012 - 08:34
Holy shit, I hope everyone is listening to this. Holy shit. That was insane. One of the most intense listening experience I've ever had.
25.09.2012 - 05:41
Timmeh
Dudeman
Fantastic album, took me 5 listens for it to reveal its self to me and even then there is still more I'm finding every listening. I think they've really encapsulated the space/sci-fi/spiritual atmosphere/feel into their music whilst still maintaining their usual ridiculousness (see Surf Rock in 'Bloom'). Definitely feels different and fresh in terms of what they've done before but it still definitely sounds like BTBAM.
26.09.2012 - 07:59
Written by Timmeh on 25.09.2012 at 05:41

Fantastic album, took me 5 listens for it to reveal its self to me and even then there is still more I'm finding every listening. I think they've really encapsulated the space/sci-fi/spiritual atmosphere/feel into their music whilst still maintaining their usual ridiculousness (see Surf Rock in 'Bloom'). Definitely feels different and fresh in terms of what they've done before but it still definitely sounds like BTBAM.

This. The sci-fi guitar bit during Lay Your Ghosts to Rest is awesome. Also, yeah, Bloom is a brow-raiser. That transition halfway into the song is so damn cool that it should make a believer out of anyone.
27.09.2012 - 04:41
Timmeh
Dudeman
Written by HitokiriNate85 on 26.09.2012 at 07:59

This. The sci-fi guitar bit during Lay Your Ghosts to Rest is awesome. Also, yeah, Bloom is a brow-raiser. That transition halfway into the song is so damn cool that it should make a believer out of anyone.

I'd compare this to their album Colors not by how it sounds, but how new, fresh and innovative it feels when compared to the modern metal scene. I really don't know how these guys keep doing it.
30.09.2012 - 22:40
opeth771
Seriously... Wow!!! Another masterpiece and an instant classic. So different than Colors and TGM while keeping BTBAM's sound. These guys never cease to amaze me.
06.10.2012 - 04:47
hadriel
Always liked these guys..but this album sets the bar to new heights. Beastly album, loving every minute of it.
06.10.2012 - 11:32
IronAngel
I don't know why it has to be so damn long, though. I wish progheads would realize they don't have to fill a CD to the max to create a good album. Most people don't have 75 minutes to sit down and just listen, and that's what this album needs. I've only played it a bunch of times on the background. I quite like it, though.
09.10.2012 - 21:43
machiavelli
Account deleted
You couldn't have a better start than those first two tracks. The rest is mixed for me with some very complex compositions and technicality but the musicality I think is a bit off at times. Extremophile Elite blew my mind and it is not my favorite which of course is Astral Body. I'll need more time to explore this and re evaluate.
10.10.2012 - 09:44
EW
I thought colors was a perfect album till I got this. This is so much better than I expected
10.10.2012 - 20:16
DelightfulJim
This album is fucking awesome.
12.10.2012 - 18:42
Opethian
Album of the Year material right here! Congrats BTBAM
12.10.2012 - 18:46
Opethian
Written by IronAngel on 06.10.2012 at 11:32

I don't know why it has to be so damn long, though. I wish progheads would realize they don't have to fill a CD to the max to create a good album. Most people don't have 75 minutes to sit down and just listen, and that's what this album needs. I've only played it a bunch of times on the background. I quite like it, though.

I dont believe BTBAM play lengthy tracks to bore you. As long as there is that constant energy from start to finish, the record could be 2hrs for all i care
12.10.2012 - 19:38
Unhealer
Eclecticist
The fact that this album is so damn long but doesn't feel like it when I listen to it says a lot to me.
At first it seemed as if they were becoming kinda stale and just recycling, but after comprehending all the chaos it's different enough to the older efforts. They are still playing it safe though, I don't know how much further they can take this sound.
12.10.2012 - 21:58
IronAngel
Written by Opethian on 12.10.2012 at 18:46

I dont believe BTBAM play lengthy tracks to bore you.

I doubt that's their intention, yeah. And I'm not even bored. It's just that a shorter album would have more of an impact. It would simply be a better listening experience, for me anyway. I'm happy to sit listening to Tori Amos for four hours straight as she's my favorite artist of all time, but I still wish most of her albums were better edited and more compact.

Hits total: 22664 | This month: 44