03. Run The Streets
04. Friends
05. Rock & Roll Stars
06. Bullet In Your Heart
07. Girls
08. Empty Words
09. Don't Wanna Get Around
10. The Gambler

Well, looks like that new wave of Swedish glam metal is already dead. Like most forms of music, it saturated itself to the point of self-destruction. Meet Sanchez - a band who somehow made it to their 3rd album, a fact that doesn't seem too mind boggling until you realize how terrible this is.

This is another one of those lazy glam/sleaze acts that provides no real energy or much talent, so they basically copy the Faster Pussycat sound. Problem is, it's already been cloned a number of times, and no one can pull off the Faster Pussycat sound aside from Faster Pussycat. So why isn't anyone allowed to use that sound aside from a select few? Well, it takes a certain level of grittiness to be able to pull it off. The term "sleaze rock" came from a distinct, greasy panache that you could feel in the music. Faster Pussycat and The New York Dolls did this well because the music still had all it's rough edges to it. Sanchez just sounds like a polished copy cat. Polished doesn't jive well with this music.

Aside from being horribly uncreative, it sounds like not a single fuck was given during the writing or recording process. Honestly, it's like Cobra Commander from GI Joe put into a rock album - the song titles would give off the impression that there might be some excitement somewhere, but when it comes time to do some damage, it falls flat on it's face. It sounds like the musicians were as bored as I am.

If Sanchez had not been around for some time, I would have assumed that this band was one of the last copy-cats riding the coattails of this musical movement. The fact that they are not actually some brand new up-and-comers still paying tribute to their idols makes Run The Streets even more of an embarrassment. Don't bother looking twice.

Written on 30.05.2011 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 116 users
30.05.2011 - 14:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I guess one could call this... a dirty sanchez?
30.05.2011 - 14:53
JÄY
Metal slave
This is my favorite album
31.05.2011 - 05:38
Rating: 1
Pyramid God

Written by JÄY on 30.05.2011 at 14:53

This is my favorite album

Obvious troll is obvious.

I'd honestly, no hyperbole, rather listen to Brittney Spears. Its that bad.

Hits total: 4847 | This month: 12